Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 16th 2019, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Netraam
Ok, not going into the details here : ) but the Sponsorship Approval letter has miraculously surfaced and dated Dec 7th. Hope all will go smooth and get final acceptance soon-ish, would be great to not have to deal with another Irish "summer" haha
Congratulations - spreadsheet updated. I would have thought that 'summer 2019' would be when you get approval at the latest - fingers crossed!
Old Jan 17th 2019, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

in the final stages of document resubmission.
If anyone would be open or willing to take a look at my letter i would be very much appreciative.

I am basically resubmitting ALL passports/identity cards.

Hi also - i've just realised looking through my husbands passport that we missed out 2 trips of his to Canada on his travel document.
Should I resubmit this form with and include explanation in the letter?

Edited: I just spoke to a Cdn immigration lawyer - and he said just attach the amended trip list - and that it was not a big deal. phew.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 17th 2019 at 6:53 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

ibeauchamp is an unknown quantity at this point

In case it's helpful to anyone here, I got a PR Travel Permit from London in 5 working days.

Background: I landed as a PR in December but am back in the UK now. I go back to Canada in February and am unlikely to have got my PR card by then. I applied for the PR Travel Permit last Thursday morning in person, with a copy of my CoPR and my passport with the Travel Permit in it (valid for multiple entries for 2 years) arrived back today (I paid for the courier service).
Old Jan 19th 2019, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

gavtodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hurlabrick - we got a letter today saying our case had been transferred to the London office. Hopefully, that means progress!

Old Jan 19th 2019, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gavtodd
Hurlabrick - we got a letter today saying our case had been transferred to the London office. Hopefully, that means progress!
Thanks for the update, spreadsheet updated. Oh it is definitely progress. LVO will now assess the PA, which is stage 2 of the process. Unfortunately, still likely to take until early summer to get a decision I suspect!
Old Jan 19th 2019, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

That's a really disappointing outcome if it takes that long. I've been banking on a decision in February or March - based on your spreadsheet showing the average processing time in 2017 being 8 months! It really feels like IRCC slowed down in 2018!!!

Can we contact the London office to try to get it pulled up? I've got a job offer dependant on us moving now - will be difficult without my wife's PR card!
Old Jan 19th 2019, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's a really disappointing outcome if it takes that long. I've been banking on a decision in February or March - based on your spreadsheet showing the average processing time in 2017 being 8 months! It really feels like IRCC slowed down in 2018!!!
Hey, I am just guessing based on recent processing times. February seems pretty unlikely given that your file has only just gone to LVO and it is already late January. March is possible I would suggest but not very likely - my personal guess might be that you can start pacing the floor from April onwards.

Can we contact the London office to try to get it pulled up? I've got a job offer dependant on us moving now - will be difficult without my wife's PR card!
Sorry to disappoint, but NO chance of getting it accelerated other than replying to requests for further information quickly and fully (but hopefully, they won't request anything else until it comes to decision made time).

I am not sure whether you are the sponsor or PA and who it is that has a job offer. But if it is the sponsor, then they can of course go to Canada and start the job and the PA can very likely go with them under 'dual intent', but of course the PA would not be able to work in Canada until they have landed, declared PR and got a SIN number (in that order).
Old Jan 19th 2019, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! Always helpful advice. Easy to get impatient when you just want to get on with your new life!

Job offer is for me the sponsor. You're right I could scoot ahead, however, the PA and I don't want to go until everything has gone through. Just in case there is a complication as we don't want to end up having to return to the UK.

Thanks again for keeping track of this, without this forum I'm not sure what I would do!

Old Jan 21st 2019, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

dd123 is an unknown quantity at this point

A few updates for my application (I can't update the sheet)
My wife, who is acting as a sponsor, got a letter via email confirming that she has been approved as a sponsor on December 10th. I assume there is no next step in this?

I received a request for extra documentation (another police cert) on Jan 4th
I got a letter instructing me to get biometrics done on Jan 4th
I got a letter instructing me to get a medical done on Jan 7th.

I've submitted the police cert online but I think they need an original copy. I'm waiting for this in the post (I am in canada having entered under dual intent)
I am hoping to get biometrics done this week - I need to enter into the US to get this done as can't get it done in-country.
I got the medical done last Friday so hopefully that's ticked off.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dd123
A few updates for my application (I can't update the sheet)
Thank you for the updates, I have updated the sheet. The sheet is deliberately locked down and can only be edited by a few people as it was quickly discovered that if it was left open, everyone had different ideas of how to update things, formulae got overwritten etc. Please just post updates on this thread and I will spot them.

My wife, who is acting as a sponsor, got a letter via email confirming that she has been approved as a sponsor on December 10th. I assume there is no next step in this?
Correct. Nothing she or you need to do, but it is the first major stage completed. They are now requesting all the remaining documentation from you and when they get it all in, they will then forward your file to the local VO for your assessment (highly likely to be London, UK).

Old Jan 21st 2019, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

dd123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. Just noticed that I said December 10th for when we got sponsor approval but it was actually January 10th. Please update whenever you get a chance. Thanks!
Old Jan 21st 2019, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks. Just noticed that I said December 10th for when we got sponsor approval but it was actually January 10th. Please update whenever you get a chance. Thanks!
Done

Old Jan 22nd 2019, 11:15 am
Just Joined

seesharp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, sorry to spam but I cannot see the spreadsheet link due to the thread page navigation being infinite. What's the Google Sheet URL?

Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 11:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seesharp
Hi, sorry to spam but I cannot see the spreadsheet link due to the thread page navigation being infinite. What's the Google Sheet URL?

Thanks
In Hurlabrick's signature above. If you're on a mobile you may not be able to see it, if so then just head to the sticky thread about (FAQ about Spousal Sponsorship) and there is a link there.

HTH.

Old Jan 22nd 2019, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by seesharp

Thanks
Also here:

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...FrnpmKMx0/edit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.