British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

joinerboy Aug 25th 2009 8:32 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Hi
martin
You can either
1. send it NS
2. Send with your 120 day letter supporting doc's
3. Or wait until CHC request it ( will be requested with med request )
hope this helps
regards
Joinerboy

Poppit Aug 25th 2009 9:17 am

Ours was requested after medical requests - see timeline.

Poppit

Martin99 Aug 25th 2009 10:30 am

Thanks, Poppit and Joinerboy. I thought I had missed a step for a moment!

JET747 Aug 25th 2009 10:31 am

We paid everything up front.

As part of the 120 day package I photocopied the receipt we had from NS and sent it in. Now with the meds there is another request - therefore another photocopy and send it in again.

The 120 day package is as other people say - all the forms again. I had to tweak a few things from the original and wrote a letter to explain the slight changes.

Another letter I wrote regarding proof of language and also another for funds - showing working out with what we have and mortgage - funds when we sell. This didn't have to be done but I thought that I would be a bit more thorough. Seems to have worked ok.

Remember when it comes to the birth certs that they want the long ones.

JET:)

Martin99 Aug 25th 2009 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by JET747 (Post 7873300)
We paid everything up front.

As part of the 120 day package I photocopied the receipt we had from NS and sent it in. Now with the meds there is another request - therefore another photocopy and send it in again.

The 120 day package is as other people say - all the forms again. I had to tweak a few things from the original and wrote a letter to explain the slight changes.

Another letter I wrote regarding proof of language and also another for funds - showing working out with what we have and mortgage - funds when we sell. This didn't have to be done but I thought that I would be a bit more thorough. Seems to have worked ok.

Remember when it comes to the birth certs that they want the long ones.

Thanks

I did not receive a receipt from CIO in NS but they certainly cashed my draft. I assume that London will know that I have paid by seeing a copy of the 120 day email?

Cheers

JET747 Aug 25th 2009 6:58 pm

Our receipt was in the 120 day letter.

Maybe this is because we sent the whole lot ?

joinerboy Aug 25th 2009 7:23 pm

I received a receipt from Sydney & also confirmation of payment in my 120 day letter. I did also photo copy all bankers drafts sent.
Did you photo copy the draft if so you could pop this copy or if you don't have copy may be a comfirmation of payment letter from your bank?
Hope this helps
regards
Joinerboy

Martin99 Aug 26th 2009 7:42 am

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 7874562)
I received a receipt from Sydney & also confirmation of payment in my 120 day letter. I did also photo copy all bankers drafts sent.
Did you photo copy the draft if so you could pop this copy or if you don't have copy may be a comfirmation of payment letter from your bank?
Hope this helps
regards
Joinerboy

Thanks. I do have evidence from my bank that the draft was cashed if they challenge me on it. Amazing how differently they handle the same matters!

Cheers

joinerboy Aug 26th 2009 7:49 am

Hi Martin
I'm sure your payment will have been recorded by CHC so you should have no worries, I know what you mean about variations in processing individual applications but lets hope we get a good result in the end.:fingerscrossed:
All the best
regards
Joinerboy

Martin99 Aug 26th 2009 9:39 am

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 7875901)
Hi Martin
I'm sure your payment will have been recorded by CHC so you should have no worries, I know what you mean about variations in processing individual applications but lets hope we get a good result in the end.:fingerscrossed:
All the best
regards
Joinerboy

Thanks. I will keep you informed of my progress via this thread. There are a few of us at the same stage on this forum. It will be interesting to see how we all fare!

Cheers

spaa Aug 26th 2009 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7770768)
I would be grateful to hear of others' actual experience of the timeline between making an application to the CIO in Sydney, NS and receiving the email acknowledgement. I have followed previous posts and the Trackitt information but there does not yet appear to be much precedent information to assess the efficiency of the new system.

My own FSW application pack was received by the CIO on 17 June, 2009. As yet, I have heard nothing. It would be good to hear how other people are doing with applications submitted in say May and June this year.

Cheers

Martin

Mine was applied in old rule....guess won't help..

zippadydoda Aug 26th 2009 6:24 pm

Well it's finally arrived. Got email this morning from CIO telling us to submitt whole package to visa office. Don't know whether to laugh or cry! This was supposed to be great news but a change of circumstances have put a huge dampner on it!

Will try and keep positive and hope that the visa office will look favourably on our change of circumstances. One can live in hope.:huh:

(SW cat 2 sent to CIO 14th June. Bankers draft cashed 17th July. 120 day email received 26th August.)

Martin99 Aug 30th 2009 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by zippadydoda (Post 7877440)
Well it's finally arrived. Got email this morning from CIO telling us to submitt whole package to visa office. Don't know whether to laugh or cry! This was supposed to be great news but a change of circumstances have put a huge dampner on it!

Will try and keep positive and hope that the visa office will look favourably on our change of circumstances. One can live in hope.:huh:

(SW cat 2 sent to CIO 14th June. Bankers draft cashed 17th July. 120 day email received 26th August.)

Sorry to hear that it is not all good news. I hope it works out the way you want it.

Cheers :fingerscrossed:

zippadydoda Aug 30th 2009 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7889076)
Sorry to hear that it is not all good news. I hope it works out the way you want it.

Cheers :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for that, and all the very best with your application.:thumbup:

Steez1982 Aug 31st 2009 5:12 pm

heard back - declined :(

joinerboy Aug 31st 2009 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Steez1982 (Post 7891797)
heard back - declined :(

Hi
Sorry to hear your bad news, did CHC give a reason.
Regards
Joinerboy

Steez1982 Aug 31st 2009 5:22 pm

like we knew, my arrange employment (ie; the job I'm working in now in Canada) didn't have an AEO/LMO attached

joinerboy Aug 31st 2009 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Steez1982 (Post 7891833)
like we knew, my arrange employment (ie; the job I'm working in now in Canada) didn't have an AEO/LMO attached

Do you have any other options
regards
Joinerboy

joinerboy Aug 31st 2009 6:08 pm

Forgot to ask where snouts in Canada you are

Steez1982 Aug 31st 2009 7:08 pm

no other options. I'm in Calgary on BUNAC, runs out on Nov 15 so looks like I'll be leaving.

joinerboy Aug 31st 2009 7:19 pm

Hi
I've Pm'd you
regards
Joinerboy

Flyingscottie Sep 1st 2009 6:32 pm

We sent our full 'new rules' application to our lawyer in Canada today, where he will be checking and sending to London by 11th October :fingerscrossed:

Hammy1976 Sep 1st 2009 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie (Post 7894760)
We sent our full 'new rules' application to our lawyer in Canada today, where he will be checking and sending to London by 11th October :fingerscrossed:

nice one, all the best, hope it's a swift process :D

burton bunch Sep 1st 2009 8:35 pm

Full package sent to London UK today - 120 email was Aug 13th

zippadydoda Sep 1st 2009 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7895047)

I am so pleased for you. Hope you get PR soon.:thumbsup:

purple80 Sep 1st 2009 9:21 pm

Nice one Gaynor :thumbsup:

Steez1982 Sep 2nd 2009 3:38 pm

my employers now want to apply for an LMO for me, they're more upset about the visa being rejected than I am! BUNAC expires on Nov 15 though so it's going to be tight...

Martin99 Sep 2nd 2009 4:45 pm

Good luck. Mine is only a couple of weeks ahead of yours. It will be interesting to compare notes as we go forward (hopefully!).

Martin99 Sep 5th 2009 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7895222)
Nice one Gaynor :thumbsup:

Hi Purple80

Can you please let me know when you receive any acknowledgment of your application from CHC London as I am only a few days behind you?

Thanks

Martin

Gaz67 Sep 5th 2009 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7872196)
Hi Gav

Yep you are right - they want the same forms which you originally sent in.

Hi Peeps,
We posted our docs off end of May got 120 day letter Aug 7th, the day our son was born :)

Now just gathering the rest of the docs we need to send , we didn't photocopy our original forms we sent to Sydney :( so had to redo them all

Not a problem as we had to add the lil one onto it anyways, but it might be slightly different plus i found another certificate i included as extra evidence.
Would two different forms which were not exactly the same affect our App?
As in do they tally the 2 together in processing ?

Also i received 120 day letter in an email do we also get conformation by Post?

We Expect to send the pack to london within 2 weeks

Cheers

Gaz

Martin99 Sep 5th 2009 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 7907294)
Hi Peeps,
We posted our docs off end of May got 120 day letter Aug 7th, the day our son was born :)

Now just gathering the rest of the docs we need to send , we didn't photocopy our original forms we sent to Sydney :( so had to redo them all

Not a problem as we had to add the lil one onto it anyways, but it might be slightly different plus i found another certificate i included as extra evidence.
Would two different forms which were not exactly the same affect our App?
As in do they tally the 2 together in processing ?

Also i received 120 day letter in an email do we also get conformation by Post?

We Expect to send the pack to london within 2 weeks

Cheers

Gaz

Gaz

I only received the 120 day notice by email so don't wait for a letter!

Cheers

Martin

Flyingscottie Sep 5th 2009 7:54 pm

Yep, just an e-mail!

Martin99 Sep 8th 2009 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie (Post 7907553)
Yep, just an e-mail!

Saw the photos of your final FSW application pack. Mine was so big that I had trouble fitting it into the dropbox at the CHC in London!

Cheers

purple80 Sep 9th 2009 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7907212)
Hi Purple80

Can you please let me know when you receive any acknowledgment of your application from CHC London as I am only a few days behind you?

Thanks

Martin

Hi,
Sorry only just noticed this, I have just updated the other thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604046

Ecas for us now states:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 12, 2009.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 15, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.
We transferred your application to the London England office on July 20, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

We have not received an AOR yet....

Martin99 Sep 9th 2009 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7917131)
Hi,

Ecas for us now states:

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 15, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.
We transferred your application to the London England office on July 20, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Many thanks. Nothing received at my end either!

Martin99 Sep 9th 2009 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7917989)
Many thanks. Nothing received at my end either!

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7917131)
Hi,

Ecas for us now states:

Sorry. I meant to ask you when the following information appeared on your ECAS record:

Cheers

Gaz67 Sep 9th 2009 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie (Post 7907553)
Yep, just an e-mail!

thanx guys... saved me waiting for the postman to deliver the non incoming goods lol :)

Gaz

purple80 Sep 9th 2009 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7918195)
Sorry. I meant to ask you when the following information appeared on your ECAS record:

Cheers

Hi,
Not sure, I checked this morning and it had been updated, I cannot remember when I checked last, sure it was last week some time....:blink:

Charlie

Martin99 Sep 9th 2009 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7918373)
Hi,
Not sure, I checked this morning and it had been updated, I cannot remember when I checked last, sure it was last week some time....:blink:

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie.

Cheers

markan Sep 10th 2009 3:05 am

Applied Sydney NS Federal Skilled Worker July 8th 09, received confirmation Sept 9th 09, 2 months.Send it all off to London in next few days.
Mark