British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Billysplinter May 15th 2012 10:09 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 10061362)
Decision Made prior to med requests usually means rejection i am afraid, there have been cases where it was an error, but of late it has been a good indication of rejection.

That's the issue I don't have a clue of what the ECAS system states as I cannot get anything from it! It's such a frustrating system, and when you read through the threads it makes you realise just how many people have their lives on hold...knowing is better than not knowing if it's a Yes or No...the waiting just zaps the life out of you! Thanks for the replies.

kat-b May 15th 2012 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Billysplinter (Post 10061425)
That's the issue I don't have a clue of what the ECAS system states as I cannot get anything from it! It's such a frustrating system, and when you read through the threads it makes you realise just how many people have their lives on hold...knowing is better than not knowing if it's a Yes or No...the waiting just zaps the life out of you! Thanks for the replies.

That's annoying! At least you hve the 6-12 month wait letter, def better than a straight rejection. I still don't feel like I can relax though, afraid it just means they haven't even looked at it yet! Fingers crossed for everyone and so sorry to those who received rejections, hopefully you find another route to Canada

witchileiz May 15th 2012 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Billysplinter (Post 10061425)

Billy - have you tried all combinations to access ecas? I use my OLD file no (even though the letters show new no and say to use that from now on - but that one does not work on ecas!). I choose Immigration file no. (I think that's what it is called) and then my old B no. plus there are two (or maybe more in some cases) options for country: mine works for England, but used to be United Kingdom and colonies....

So try a whole heap of combinations - if you haven't already. They are not consistent when you see what others have to use to access their file.

Good luck!

The Sun May 15th 2012 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by julievonz (Post 10053299)
Oh boy finally !, my status has changed too. Its also 'Decision Made' but they have said they have sent us a letter on May 4th informing us of their decision. Oh well, probably a rejection. :thumbdown: At least I can move on with my life now..

Hi Julievonz, have you received your letter CHC sent to you? What is the content like? Is like we are having similar response. Though I have not received mine till now.

julievonz May 16th 2012 7:21 pm

No, I still don't have the letter, even though it was supposedly sent out on the 4th May. I will post a notice as soon as I get it and let you know what it says.

sdo1982 May 18th 2012 9:44 am

Just as a FYI:
Someone who received the 6-12 month wait letter has just got hold of their caips notes, it lists a BFD of March 2013, i.e. 12 months after the letter was sent... Looks like we could be waiting a while! :o

(BFD = Bring Forward Date before anyone asks ;-) )

kat-b May 18th 2012 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 10068561)
Just as a FYI:
Someone who received the 6-12 month wait letter has just got hold of their caips notes, it lists a BFD of March 2013, i.e. 12 months after the letter was sent... Looks like we could be waiting a while! :o

(BFD = Bring Forward Date before anyone asks ;-) )

Hi do you know if this person has passed the paper check stage i.e cic has accepted their eveidence for points, employment etc? One of the fields in the CAIPs notes is apparently called PSDEC (paper screening decision) and I was told that if that is set to 1 then your file has been paper screened. Any idea or is there an original post from this person. I am also going to send for my CAIPS notes but might be a month or so before I get them. Thanks :-)

graham and george May 18th 2012 7:13 pm

Just a quick one

Was talking to one of the directors for the company i work and asked if cic have been in contact IE reff + job duties, he said no as i have asked to give us a call when they do

SO have cic gone through our application or just send the 12 month letter just to keep us quiet

Kaye5 May 18th 2012 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by graham and george (Post 10069594)
Just a quick one

Was talking to one of the directors for the company i work and asked if cic have been in contact IE reff + job duties, he said no as i have asked to give us a call when they do

SO have cic gone through our application or just send the 12 month letter just to keep us quiet

Must admit I never actually thought they would get in touch with our employer(s)..... having produced original reference letters etc.

My guess is that they have done the "paper review", confirmed your job is on the list and that you have enough points. You now are officially "in process" and can't get your processing fee refunded. Sent you a "holding letter" and chucked the file back in the cabinet till they get enough spare time to look at it or (maybe) someone in authority says "hey, we haven't got enough electricians - dig some out from the M1 pile".

IF my guess is right, it's just a waiting game for meds and security checks. Not even going to hazard a guess at how long the wait will be.

sdo1982 May 18th 2012 7:33 pm

PAPER SCREENING DECISION (PSDEC)=1= Passed

is on 2 sets of notes that have had the 6-12 month wait letter.

kat-b May 18th 2012 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 10069624)
PAPER SCREENING DECISION (PSDEC)=1= Passed

is on 2 sets of notes that have had the 6-12 month wait letter.

Oh that's positive! :-)) At least then its more likely to mean a long wait until medicals rather than a long wait until rejection. What does everyone else think?

Just got the CAIPs consent form so will send it away tomorrow...

kat-b May 18th 2012 8:21 pm

Also does anyone know what happens between PSDEC and SELDEC? Have the 6-12 month wait people passed SELDEC as well as PSDEC? I didn't even know these acronyms existed until the past couple of days.......!!

graham and george May 18th 2012 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 10069702)
Also does anyone know what happens between PSDEC and SELDEC? Have the 6-12 month wait people passed SELDEC as well as PSDEC? I didn't even know these acronyms existed until the past couple of days.......!!

What does SELDEC stand for...

kat-b May 18th 2012 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by graham and george (Post 10069765)
What does SELDEC stand for...

Selection Decision apparently, although I have no idea what this actually means or at what point the background verifications are done.

T-11 PAPER SCREENING DECISION (PSDEC)
1 passed
2 failed
3 withdrawal

T-12 SELECTION DECISION (SELDEC)
1 passed
2 passed on discretion
3 OIC required (pro-Proclamation cases)
4 waived
5 failed
6 failed on discretion
7 withdrawn
S passed (H & C consideration) (for Refugees only)

There are loads more! The full list can be found here -

http://immigrationguides.com/content/view/203/110/

julievonz May 19th 2012 7:32 am

With reference to queries regarding 'Decision made' on your ecas prior to medicals , we got our rejection letter, which is them deciding that I don't fulfill the requirements of the skill even though I have been an IT manager for the last 7 years. Yeah right! Any way, at least we get our money back. Thats a relief!

kat-b May 19th 2012 8:26 am

Originally Posted by julievonz (Post 10070374)
With reference to queries regarding 'Decision made' on your ecas prior to medicals , we got our rejection letter, which is them deciding that I don't fulfill the requirements of the skill even though I have been an IT manager for the last 7 years. Yeah right! Any way, at least we get our money back. Thats a relief!

That's crazy!! I don't get it at all! Did they list exactly which requirements they believe you didn't fulfil or was it just a generic letter? Are you going to try another route?

Canadiandouble Jul 21st 2012 8:16 pm

Hello,

I did medicals last June and just got a letter from Ottawa saying:

"Sputum smears and cultures for Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, taken on three consecutive day and incubated for 6-8 weeks. If unable to produce sputum ore results unreliable send previous CXR (older than 6 months) or repeat CXR to ensure 6 months stability"

I have an x ray that was taken last Oct during annual check up ( > 6 months old). Do you think this x ray can be accepted or I will have to go to sputum test anyway, delaying the process?

Thanks a lot

sdo1982 Jul 30th 2012 2:19 pm

Is it just me or is it a little too quiet? :confused:
If they want to address the backlog, do you not think some people would have had med requests by now? Is my paranoia kicking in, or is anyone elses spidey sense tingling.

Bucks_Family Jul 30th 2012 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 10201058)
If they want to address the backlog, do you not think some people would have had med requests by now? Is my paranoia kicking in, or is anyone elses spidey sense tingling.

Oops, I forgot to update this thread, I updated the June/July 2010 AOR one.. we had passport requests through by email on July 18th, we dropped them into the HC in London in person on Thursday 26th, we'll pick them up on August 9th.. so things are still moving - just!

witchileiz Jul 30th 2012 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 10201058)

Yeah, me too - figuring they are either a) all in training for new rules /regs starting next year, or b) they are all off on their hols, whilst we sit here with lives on hold. So wanted our 6 yr old to start school in Sept with a class full of 'new kids' but no way now... Hey ho... I keep holding on now for end of Aug for some reason, but can see in other forums, very very little movement in any streams, and even those waiting for PPR. What IS (or isn't) going on there? *sighs again*:zzz:

kat-b Jul 30th 2012 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by witchileiz (Post 10201207)
Yeah, me too - figuring they are either a) all in training for new rules /regs starting next year, or b) they are all off on their hols, whilst we sit here with lives on hold. So wanted our 6 yr old to start school in Sept with a class full of 'new kids' but no way now... Hey ho... I keep holding on now for end of Aug for some reason, but can see in other forums, very very little movement in any streams, and even those waiting for PPR. What IS (or isn't) going on there? *sighs again*:zzz:

I knoooooow! I hate this silence too. It seemed so positive when we first got the letters but I still feel far from home and dry. Scared we all sit here in no mans land until too much times passes and then our apps are sent back to us like ore 2008! Although then again surely if they were going to reject they would hve just done it by now!!

graham and george Jul 30th 2012 8:43 pm

I think they will let it run to the 6 month mark then BANG we all get med request:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

kat-b Jul 30th 2012 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by graham and george (Post 10201652)
I think they will let it run to the 6 month mark then BANG we all get med request:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

That sounds good :-))

witchileiz Jul 31st 2012 6:21 am

Originally Posted by graham and george (Post 10201652)

So, as most of us got the letter around April/May, then we are looking at Oct/Nov+ - would be a nice Xmas present, then they could keep us strung along for Xmas and New Year (who wants to move then, anyway?), so we could be 'good to go' early Spring 2013... Spring is a good time for getting jobs, etc. (always seems to be more movement, more new posts, etc. around that time, imo).

Jeez - never thought we would still be here, contemplating a 2013 move...Come ON CIC (pleeeeeeaaaase!):fingerscrossed:

kat-b Jul 31st 2012 9:40 am

Originally Posted by witchileiz (Post 10202233)
So, as most of us got the letter around April/May, then we are looking at Oct/Nov+ - would be a nice Xmas present, then they could keep us strung along for Xmas and New Year (who wants to move then, anyway?), so we could be 'good to go' early Spring 2013... Spring is a good time for getting jobs, etc. (always seems to be more movement, more new posts, etc. around that time, imo).

Jeez - never thought we would still be here, contemplating a 2013 move...Come ON CIC (pleeeeeeaaaase!):fingerscrossed:

Yes a spring 2013 move sounds perfect then we can all get together for a celebratory beer! :-)) I know I didn't either I thought a year maybe 18 months max initially under the new 'streamlined system' ;-)

scotty1974 Jul 31st 2012 2:26 pm

I think they will let it run to the 6 month mark then BANG we all get med request
I think this is pretty close to the mark, however, I think they'll only start issuing meds to our timeline in October, some will have to wait closer to the full 12 months

we've decided that if we haven't had meds by mid-December my wife is going to apply for a WHV and we'll head over on that mid-Feb time and await PR over there