British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

PMM Oct 5th 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

HI

Originally Posted by rach_woz99 (Post 7990676)
Well I got a call from my mum yesterday,

She had her application returned as she had missed a line out grrr

So her timeline is send application mid July, it was stamped by Sydney 6th August, returned 3rd October along with uncashed bankers draft as incomplete.

So she starts again! Does anyone know if she just goes back to the bottom of the pile, or perhaps because she has to return the form saying what was wrong she will be moved to another pile (wishful thinking probably!!)

At this rate, the six months validity on the bankers draft will be up before they cash it :thumbdown:

At least she intends to send it back recorded, so at least she will know they even received it!

Thanks in advance,

Bottom of the pile.

PMM Oct 5th 2009 4:56 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque (Post 7990771)
We are useing an immigration lawyer. He told us that our file would go to London once it come back from sydney. Is that not correct? should it go to Buffalo? I dont have much faith in this guy, but he his the one my husbands company uses!!:ohmy:

1. What overseas processing office did you select? That is where it will go.
2. If you selected Buffalo, you have had to be admitted to Canada for 1 year to be eligible to use Buffalo

Martin99 Oct 5th 2009 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by rach_woz99 (Post 7990676)
Well I got a call from my mum yesterday,

She had her application returned as she had missed a line out grrr

So her timeline is send application mid July, it was stamped by Sydney 6th August, returned 3rd October along with uncashed bankers draft as incomplete.

So she starts again! Does anyone know if she just goes back to the bottom of the pile, or perhaps because she has to return the form saying what was wrong she will be moved to another pile (wishful thinking probably!!)

At this rate, the six months validity on the bankers draft will be up before they cash it :thumbdown:

At least she intends to send it back recorded, so at least she will know they even received it!

Thanks in advance,

Same happened to me and it went to the bottom of the pile!!!

Cheers

Martin

Miss Clinique Oct 5th 2009 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 7991097)
Hi

1. What overseas processing office did you select? That is where it will go.
2. If you selected Buffalo, you have had to be admitted to Canada for 1 year to be eligible to use Buffalo

Not sure which office was selected, I presume the lawyer choose London as we have only been here 5 months.

Thanks for you reply.

purple80 Oct 6th 2009 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7990219)
Hi Charlie
Any change on your ECAS record yet?
Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,
Ecas updated today....

We received your application for permanent residence on May 12, 2009.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 15, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.
We transferred your application to the London England office on July 20, 2009. The London England office may contact you.
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on October 2, 2009.

Another small hurdle
Charlie

joinerboy Oct 6th 2009 6:42 am

Hi Charlie
:fingerscrossed: your med requests will be next
regards
Joinerboy:)

Martin99 Oct 6th 2009 7:54 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7992387)

Hi Martin,
Ecas updated today....

We received your application for permanent residence on May 12, 2009.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 15, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.
We transferred your application to the London England office on July 20, 2009. The London England office may contact you.
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on October 2, 2009.

Another small hurdle
Charlie

You are on your way, Charlie!

Just checked mine. No change. If all goes to plan, mine should update next week.

Cheers

Martin

purple80 Oct 6th 2009 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 7992835)
Hi Charlie
:fingerscrossed: your med requests will be next
regards
Joinerboy:)

Mmmmm, early Christmas present maybe...

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7992938)
You are on your way, Charlie!

Just checked mine. No change. If all goes to plan, mine should update next week.

Cheers

Martin

Good luck

lpn Oct 6th 2009 6:50 pm

hi to everyone, when is proof of funds actually needed? a.) in sydney cio?
b.) buffalo? c.) before medical? d.) after medical? :confused:

EVA3695 Oct 6th 2009 7:28 pm

Charlie - great news - I checked my E-cas having still not recieved an AOR and they started processing my application 28th Sep 2009 - so a few short days ahead of yours......!
Wooooooooo-hoooooooooooooo.
Also, I have my first job interview in 30 mins. Today could be a lucky day! :thumbsup:

humanist Oct 6th 2009 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 7994765)
Charlie - great news - I checked my E-cas having still not recieved an AOR and they started processing my application 28th Sep 2009 - so a few short days ahead of yours......!
Also, I have my first job interview in 30 mins. Today could be a lucky day! :thumbsup:

Interesting that some people don't seem to get an AOR and others do :blink:

Good luck with your application!

purple80 Oct 6th 2009 10:47 pm

Great news, good luck with the interview. :thumbsup:

Martin99 Oct 7th 2009 7:18 am

How did the interview go?

Cheers

Martin

Gaz67 Oct 7th 2009 6:36 pm

Hi guys finally sent off all my docs to London today , fingers crossed it will be a speedy process for me and for you all to :)

Thanx for all the help in gathering my bits n pieces together over the weeks and months :)

Will keep you informed of my status along the way :)

cheers

Gaz

just logged onto postoffice.co.uk

Track & Trace
Results
Item ZW134984893GB was posted at Simonswood House L32 8RN on 07/10/09and is being progressed through our network for delivery.;

nice to see things are working!!

EVA3695 Oct 7th 2009 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7996153)
How did the interview go?

Cheers

Martin

I got the job.! Start tomorrow - its at the village pharmacy so a good way to get to meet people...albeit sick ones.! ;)
What a great week so far.

Martin99 Oct 8th 2009 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 7998175)
I got the job.! Start tomorrow - its at the village pharmacy so a good way to get to meet people...albeit sick ones.! ;)

Well done, Eva! That will make immense difference to your life over there.

Charlie, you and I are all on pretty much the same timelines so I will keep following your progress.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Oct 8th 2009 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 7997882)
Hi guys finally sent off all my docs to London today , fingers crossed it will be a speedy process for me and for you all to :)

Thanx for all the help in gathering my bits n pieces together over the weeks and months :)

Will keep you informed of my status along the way :)

cheers

Gaz

just logged onto postoffice.co.uk

Track & Trace
Results
Item ZW134984893GB was posted at Simonswood House L32 8RN on 07/10/09and is being progressed through our network for delivery.;

nice to see things are working!!

Gaz

Thanks for sharing your timeline on this thread. I hope your application goes smoothly.

Cheers

Martin

EVA3695 Oct 8th 2009 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 7998175)

Recieved Med Requests in the post today! Stamped 29th Sep date after E-cas changed it to in process.......cant quite believe it!!!!!

purple80 Oct 8th 2009 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 8001129)
Recieved Med Requests in the post today! Stamped 29th Sep date after E-cas changed it to in process.......cant quite believe it!!!!!

Congratulations, sent you a message on FB....

Martin99 Oct 9th 2009 9:40 am

What a week! Congratulations :thumbsup:

spaa Oct 9th 2009 10:07 am

congrats!

Gaz67 Oct 10th 2009 7:55 pm

Well Done :)

Bali2010 Oct 11th 2009 3:42 pm

Congrats EVA
:D

Gaz67 Oct 11th 2009 4:54 pm

Just wandering where abouts everyone is moving to in Canada , for ourselves its gonna be Kamloops :)

Bali2010 Oct 11th 2009 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8008170)
Just wandering where abouts everyone is moving to in Canada , for ourselves its gonna be Kamloops :)

Well, I am aiming for Kelowna, but might be more job dependent if in the end nothing available there. Would still be BC though.

Alphawolf Oct 12th 2009 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8008170)

We're heading for Lethbridge AB, hopefully, all depends on CIC now, still waiting to be processed!! :frown:

purple80 Oct 14th 2009 10:09 pm

Hi all,
Medical requests have arrived dated the 6th October, also asking for RPRF fee, and proof of sufficient settlement funds which has me a little stumped, I thought AEO and currently working in Canada negated this?

Thoughts?

Charlie

EVA3695 Oct 15th 2009 1:50 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8017069)
Hi all,
Medical requests have arrived dated the 6th October, also asking for RPRF fee, and proof of sufficient settlement funds which has me a little stumped, I thought AEO and currently working in Canada negated this?

Thoughts?

Charlie

Just seen your status on FB.....
We were asked for RPRF with the med requests but not proof of funds?!
Not sure why that has been asked for. I agree with your thoughts on being here already and already working in Canada..who knows what goes through the minds of Immigration.! Get those meds booked. We are booked in for next Monday...could have been sooner but these bloody after school activities got in the way!

Martin99 Oct 15th 2009 1:36 pm

Hi all,

Thoughts?

Charlie

That was quick. Congratulations!

Still waiting for my file to begin processing. Looks like they are making rapid progress now the holidays are over.

Cheers

Martin

chanceUK Oct 15th 2009 1:57 pm

i'm still waiting for my AOR.

ECAS still says sydney eligibility review complete.

I hand delivered my documents to london on September 1st.

Martin99 Oct 15th 2009 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by chanceUK (Post 8018801)
i'm still waiting for my AOR.

ECAS still says sydney eligibility review complete.

I hand delivered my documents to london on September 1st.

My guess is that you will receive your AOR email next week.

Cheers

Martin

purple80 Oct 15th 2009 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 8017452)
Just seen your status on FB.....
We were asked for RPRF with the med requests but not proof of funds?!
Not sure why that has been asked for. I agree with your thoughts on being here already and already working in Canada..who knows what goes through the minds of Immigration.! Get those meds booked. We are booked in for next Monday...could have been sooner but these bloody after school activities got in the way!

We're booked in for the day after you....20th October!

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8018734)
That was quick. Congratulations!

Still waiting for my file to begin processing. Looks like they are making rapid progress now the holidays are over.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Martin

ndpadin Oct 16th 2009 7:44 am

Hi!!

I'm newbie here.I have sent our FSW application to Sydney yesterday 16/10/09.

Any help where I could get the list of Requirements when it's about time for me to submit the full application. Any idea please...so that I can prepare in advance the required documents while waiting for the 120 day letter.

Appreciate any reply.

All the best for us.

Gem

Martin99 Oct 16th 2009 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ndpadin (Post 8020791)
Hi!!

I'm newbie here.I have sent our FSW application to Sydney yesterday 16/10/09.

Any help where I could get the list of Requirements when it's about time for me to submit the full application. Any idea please...so that I can prepare in advance the required documents while waiting for the 120 day letter.

Appreciate any reply.

All the best for us.

Gem

You need to check the list of requirements of the local visa office, to which you will submit your file (usually London for users on this forum). These can be found on the CIC website.

Cheers

Martin

ndpadin Oct 16th 2009 8:50 am

Many thanks for your prompt reply..:thumbsup:

All the best,
Gem

Martin99 Oct 16th 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by ndpadin (Post 8020915)
Many thanks for your prompt reply..:thumbsup:

All the best,
Gem

No problem. Here is a link to the London Visa Office forms requirement:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

Cheers

Martin

ndpadin Oct 16th 2009 9:46 am

Appreciated very much, though I'm from Manila Philippines working here in Vietnam.

I have already checked the Visa office in Manila and found the information I will be needing.

Many thanks again for your support. Without this thread I don't know where to ask my query and further clarification.

Cheers,
Gem:thumbsup:

lpn Oct 16th 2009 2:51 pm

Hi all,

Thoughts?

Charlie

did they gave a deadline for the proof of sufficient settlement funds? when will the visa office need it? good luck

purple80 Oct 16th 2009 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by lpn (Post 8021612)
did they gave a deadline for the proof of sufficient settlement funds? when will the visa office need it? good luck

Why? Have already checked into it and we do not need to do this as we are employed in Canada.... Will send letter explaining this. Letter states 90 days. 60 days to have the medicals done.

Eager2bBC Oct 17th 2009 12:38 am

Just a quick question - is there a reason everyone seems to hand deliver their forms to CIC in London? Is post that unreliable or is it more of a 2 birds with one stone thing?