Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Spoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Yippeeeeeee !!!!

Just had an e-mail as follows:

GOOD TIMING !
I MAILED YOUR MEDICALS EARLIER TODAY BY FIRST CLASS MAIL
THE OFFICER ALSO WANTED UK POLICE CERTS

REGARDS

RT

Looks like things are about to get moving for us. Anyone else with a similar timeline 'Good things come to those who wait !'
Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:07 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spoons1961
Yippeeeeeee !!!!

GOOD TIMING !

REGARDS

RT

Looks like things are about to get moving for us. Anyone else with a similar timeline 'Good things come to those who wait !'
Hi Spoons

Are you family class? seems very quick if you are aor jan 2006 and 90 day letter december 2006 to be skilled worker, Good luck either way

Regards
DANNY
Old Jun 9th 2007, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Spoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the rough

Ooops, in too much of a hurry to put my details on. I've lost a year somehow. We applied Dec'04 not '05.

Still, whats a year in the whole scheme of things !
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Yippeeeeeee !!!!

GOOD TIMING !

REGARDS

RT

Hi Guys,

Was that email from your lawyer / consultant perchance?

Maybe we ought to hear soon then.

Simon
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Nope, I e-mailed CHC london with a very non pushy and polite request for information.

This was the response !
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Nope, I e-mailed CHC london with a very non pushy and polite request for information.

This was the response !
I don't suppose they added anything like: "That's funny 'cos we posted Simon's Meds request as well"?

No? - I didn't think so.

Dang!

Back to the smiling then.

Simon
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:06 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

This was the response !
i have emailed them a few times and neva got a response!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

I was warned against e-mailing, so I sent mine on the basis that meds have to be done within a certain time period. I was concerned that they may have been sent, but we may not have received them !

All I was expecting in all honesty was confirmation that they had not been sent.

This would have at least confirmed to us that we were in the to do pile and had not been misplaced, lost or sidelined.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

They did'nt exactly say

"That's funny 'cos we posted Simon's Meds request as well"?

It was more of a "It's a good job your names not 'Simon', because we ignore those" !

Good luck mate, I hope you get some good news soon as well.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

They did'nt exactly say

"That's funny 'cos we posted Simon's Meds request as well"?

It was more of a "It's a good job your names not 'Simon', because we ignore those" !

Good luck mate, I hope you get some good news soon as well.
Oooooh you cheeky bugger
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

pixieelvis is an unknown quantity at this point

Yippeeeeeee !!!!

GOOD TIMING !

REGARDS

RT

congrats, hopefully ours will come soon
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:35 am
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had my medicals and it was "almost" a pleasant experience!

I'm in Switzerland on a short contract and so as not to delay anything by having to go back England for the medicals, we booked an appointment in Geneva.

The Doctor was really friendly and absolutely great with the kids. He explained everything very clearly even though he kept saying his English was poor, which it wasn't. He did have to ask me what "testicule" was in English though - not too tough that one

Anyway, he reckons that it would take a week from the medical to CHC actually getting them and that it is always sent registered mail.

The other nice thing is for a family of 4 it cost around £375, I was quoted £708 to have it in Bristol. With flights from Stansted to Geneva costing £8 plus £15 tax each way I'd recommend a day trip to Geneva just for the medicals Only kidding.

Anyway he told us on the spot that we'd passed everything but the blood tests, which have to be sent away to be checked, and as they are only really interested in whether we've got Aids or Syphilis in the blood tests, I would like to think there should be no problem with them otherwise there will be some difficult questions being asked

We reckon about 2 more months to wait now, although we have to go back to Reading now to sit them out - what a prospect
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

retrobloke is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Our timeline is below!

Good luck to those still waiting

Your turn will come.

Graeme
Old Jun 17th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by simon876
Isn't it strange that so many of us are having a 'low' at the moment. It must be the weather.

I love the 'To Do List'. The only thing missing was: "Set trap for the postie".

Stay happy! It's sunny again (oh, no - bugger, now it's raining again).

Still smiling,

Simon
Hi Simon (and everyone else of course)
We haven´t even applied yet s we aren´t even members of this "club" yet but we have problems trying to work out the individual steps to take, i.e. what to do first. Apply, of course, and then what? When do you have to pay the fee? When do you have to do the medical/language test/etc??
In other words, we haven´t the faintest idea of the process so can SOMEBODY please help??????
By the way, just got back from Ontario, decided on Kingston. Where are you planning to go?
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:14 pm
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

First is to decide which route to do!
Getting a job offer would be quickest route - but that's not easy.
If you have a trade that is in desperate short supply in on of the provinces, you should apply for a PNP (Provincial Nominee Program).
Failing that, there is the Federal Skilled Worker program - this is the most common route but also the slowest.

If you've a job o go to you can get temporary work visa in matter of weeks then apply for permanent residency while out there. I don't know any more about this route - search for work permits or visas on this site.

The PNP means you're application for permanent residence is fast tracked, I think it's about 6 months but you have to have a qualifying job on offer.

The Federal Skilled Worker is the route I've taken - twice! This time we've got considerably further. We've just taken our medicals, it's over 2 years since we applied. If you go this route now, they are quoting 4 years to get to the point of medicals now. Don't do anything like medicals, selling your house, jacking your job in until you are sure you're going to be accepted.

The process has changed since I applied, you don't have to send in loads of documents now or shed loads of money yet. You basically just send in the simplified application form and sit tight! There may be some fee due now, I'm not sure.

The simplest thing is to go to the CIC site, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp all the details are there.

Hope that gets you started.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.