Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Old May 30th 2007, 9:45 am
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

I had trouble finding a thread with timelines for this class, so thought I'd start one. I'm UK citizen so applied through London.

AOR March 2005
120 day letter 20 Dec 2006 (arrived 3 Jan 2007! Two weeks lost already!)
Updated Items sent 30 March 2007 including imminent address change (this is relevant, read on)

No acknowledgement of receipt so emailed, got this response on 3rd May 2007

Please note that we do not send out acknowledgement of receipt of
documents as a general rule however I can advise that your documents
have been received and have been attached to your file. We are currently
assessing applications which were submitted to our office at the end of
February 2005. As your application was submitted at the beginning of
March 2005 your file should be due for assessment within the next 6
weeks. Although we cannot provide a guarantee, as each application is
dealt with on a case by case basis and some applications may take longer
for assessment then others, it is likely that you will receive further
communication from our office in the next two months or so.
Checked on-line application 28 May 2007 no change,
checked again 29 May 2007 Address changed - assuming/hoping our file is now being looked at?!

Please add your timelines to this thread.
Old May 30th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Hi mrmcgoo,

Sorry to hear your tale of woe. It looks as if you are in the same situation as many of us.

Our timeline is shown below, but I am sure that doesn't make you feel any better. We applied under the SW category and despite bombarding Canada with my CV, have not managed to get a job offer yet. My problem is that, whilst I have skills that meet NOC codes - three separate ones in fact, I cannot get an LMO.

The problem with timelines is that you head off down a road of trying to guess when you might hear, based on the experiences of others. I have come to the conclusion that only madness lies down that path!

Many have tried emailing and contacting CHC. We have resisted that based mainly on the advice of our immigration lawyer and the note on the CHC site which strongly advises applicants not to contact them. Having said that, it seems to have worked for some (but it might just be coincidence).

I am sure that Karen1 and ZoeM might share similar stories - they both have mid-2004 AOR's!

So, all we can do is wait. Grrrrrr!

Still smiling though.

Simon & Laura
Old May 30th 2007, 11:02 am
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Simon & Laura,
I understand what you're saying about relying on timelines and I don't rely on them, but you can gauge a sense of how the process moves from peoples time lines, for instance I do know that even if I get the call for medicals, it will probably be a good 6 months before I get a visa.

On the subject of contacting CIC, I have found emailing them to work - with some caveats.
Don't bombard them with trivial stuff.
Don't ask about your case specifically, make it a general question. The reply I posted was from an email asking if they acknowledged receipt of the updated application information and, if possible, a rough idea of timescales. Keep it general and they don't mind. The fact they answered specifics about my case was down to them putting 2 and 2 together.

In 2 years I've emailed them 3 times, mainly to clear up ambiguous requests and each time they have replied courteously and within 48 hours.

I didn't mention my file number or address in any email. I can only assume they used my email address and name to track down my file.

Good luck with your application!
Old May 30th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
On the subject of contacting CIC, I have found emailing them to work - with some caveats.
Don't bombard them with trivial stuff.
Don't ask about your case specifically, make it a general question. The reply I posted was from an email asking if they acknowledged receipt of the updated application information and, if possible, a rough idea of timescales. Keep it general and they don't mind. The fact they answered specifics about my case was down to them putting 2 and 2 together.

In 2 years I've emailed them 3 times, mainly to clear up ambiguous requests and each time they have replied courteously and within 48 hours.

I didn't mention my file number or address in any email. I can only assume they used my email address and name to track down my file.
Hmmm,

Cunning stuff and maybe very wise. Any technical/ambiguous queries we have had, have gone via our lawyers so I guess that has removed the need for us to contact CHC.

Likewise, good luck.

Simon
Old May 30th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Karen1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
I had trouble finding a thread with timelines for this class, so thought I'd start one. I'm UK citizen so applied through London.

AOR March 2005
120 day letter 20 Dec 2006 (arrived 3 Jan 2007! Two weeks lost already!)
Updated Items sent 30 March 2007 including imminent address change (this is relevant, read on)

No acknowledgement of receipt so emailed, got this response on 3rd May 2007

Checked on-line application 28 May 2007 no change,
checked again 29 May 2007 Address changed - assuming/hoping our file is now being looked at?!

Please add your timelines to this thread.
Timeline below - as Simon says: still smiling!
Old May 30th 2007, 4:29 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

our timeline is below...getting more and more fed up as each day goes by!..now at the point where we are now in two minds whether to bother with going to canada at all!
Old May 30th 2007, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
our timeline is below...getting more and more fed up as each day goes by!..now at the point where we are now in two minds whether to bother with going to canada at all!
Hi Cheeky_monkey

I know exactly how you feel (now going in our 34th month and no sign of medicals yet).

We desperately want to go to Canada - our life would be so much better. However, we have and still sometimes do wonder whether it's worth all the waiting. We're so fed up of waiting when others seem to keep passing us by, but I'm sure that if/when it eventually happens all these negative feelings will just disappear.

I've just looked at Judy's TO DO LIST - it's great, and I'm going to try and focus on things I still need to do. I'm going to be more proactive so that when we do finally reach the end of the waiting game there will be less to do. That's the theory anyway!

Keep your chin up, it will happen in the end.

Karen
Old May 30th 2007, 10:15 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

thnks karen...does start getting u down as you say when others seemed to be passing you by!...thts what really grates more than anything else!
Old May 30th 2007, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

thnks karen...does start getting u down as you say when others seemed to be passing you by!...thts what really grates more than anything else!
I totally agree with you - my mind is focused on a brown envelope with a maple leaf on it; how sad is that? This is what the process does to you.

Hope we all hear soon.

Karen
Old May 31st 2007, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Isn't it strange that so many of us are having a 'low' at the moment. It must be the weather.

I love the 'To Do List'. The only thing missing was: "Set trap for the postie".

Stay happy! It's sunny again (oh, no - bugger, now it's raining again).

Still smiling,

Simon
Old May 31st 2007, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

fedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nice

You poor thing you must be as so fed up, the waiting around towards the end makes life completely unbearable (you only have to look at some of my threads!). I'd got to the point where I couldn't have cared less if they had have refused us because I just wanted a decision so I could stop living in limbo and get on with life it was torture. The very day I started looking at the alternatives with regards to living in England ie: estate agents windows I got a call from my mum to say the PPR letter had arrived. It was just at my lowest point. None of it makes any sense, its all so frustrating and I hope you get your letter soon (Thursdays seem to be the day they do some work) - fingers crossed for you and everyone else out there in the same boat
Old May 31st 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

fedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nice

Originally Posted by simon876
Isn't it strange that so many of us are having a 'low' at the moment. It must be the weather.

I love the 'To Do List'. The only thing missing was: "Set trap for the postie".

Stay happy! It's sunny again (oh, no - bugger, now it's raining again).

Still smiling,

Simon
I put a post on this time last Thursday at the end of my tether - don't think I have experienced anything so stressful before in my life and then my mum rang with the news that the envelope had arrived and everything changes. So an hour later I was posting my good news on the forum before I had even contacted my husband. It will come very soon for you all as you all deserve some good news as you've all been waiting such ridiculous timelines - you must post your good news asap BIG LUCK TO YOU ALL
Old May 31st 2007, 1:55 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

Great idea for a thread!

My timeline is in my signature: still early days for me but I thought I'd add it anyway in case others are at a similar point, and we can keep a beady eye on each other!
Old May 31st 2007, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

Hi,

AOR Jul 05, updated docs request needs to be in by 6th june 07. I literally feel like banging my head against the wall/desk somedays as the waiting is sooooooo unbearable. I find myself rocking back and forwards making all sorts of funny sounds! Most of my friends and colleagues are used to it by now and just let me be - i do get some funny looks though

I would like to be able to say 'hey whatever, what will be will be' but unfortunately Canada seems to fill my every waking thought and most of my sleeping ones to - will this nightmare never end??????????
Old May 31st 2007, 5:19 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batfink
Hi,

AOR Jul 05, updated docs request needs to be in by 6th june 07. I literally feel like banging my head against the wall/desk somedays as the waiting is sooooooo unbearable. I find myself rocking back and forwards making all sorts of funny sounds! Most of my friends and colleagues are used to it by now and just let me be - i do get some funny looks though

I would like to be able to say 'hey whatever, what will be will be' but unfortunately Canada seems to fill my every waking thought and most of my sleeping ones to - will this nightmare never end??????????
Same AOR as myself, nothing here too but wouldn't expect any until later ones come through right up to July 05

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.