Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:26 pm
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Originally Posted by suzyqueue
New to all this - had medicals 6 weeks ago and waiting final verdict - hopefully not too much longer??

In answer to altalink timelines are as follows: AOR Feb 05, Updates requested Dec 06, Updates sent Jan 07, final fees requested Apr 07, Meds requested Jul 07. Meds done 17 Aug 07 - now waiting.

We suffered delays due to the fact that we moved and despite telling CHC three times, they kept sending requests to old address. Top tip - if you move make sure that you re-direct mail for at least a year!

See there is to be a postal strike next week which may well hold things up even further!

Would love to know if anyone has some best guess estimates in how long it takes to receive final decision after medicals are taken.
Hi,
It took just shy of 8 weeks between meds and PPR for us, meds were done 15th June 2007. Our meds were done in Switzerland and we moved back to UK a week later, so it may have taken longer than most peoples because of that, but the recent average looks like about 4-5 weeks.

I didn't pay everything up front, but I don't think that makes a difference. From what I've read on the forums, the consensus is that it's the luck of the draw. Each officer gets a batch of apps to process and if you are underneath a particularly difficult case or the officer is ill or on holiday, you get delayed!

Good luck with your PPR ... I know what a horrible wait that is

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by simon876
Hmmm, I'm not so sure. We paid up front too but I don't think that made any difference. They still asked us for proof of payment in our 90-day update!

Simon & Laura
I can't remember being aked for proof of payment in our 90 day update letter. They just asked for update on proof of funds. Hope I haven't missed something important. That would be just my luck at the moment.

I do have my receipt just in case payment is queried.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alison33
For all of you out there still waiting the long wait. Would be interested to hear how many of you paid all of the fees up front when you initially submitted the application as we did.

I'm thinking because they don't have to push us for any more monies they don't seem to be in any hurry to send us our med requests.

Would especially be interested in those that applied between Feb and June 05 - Did you guys all send full amount? I now wish we had hung on to the ROLF for a bit longer and maybe we would have moved along a bit faster? Just wondering...

We paid all fees up front, AOR Feb 05, had medicals 21 Aug. I don't think paying up front delays the process any longer than it would not paying it.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lace
We paid all fees up front, AOR Feb 05, had medicals 21 Aug. I don't think paying up front delays the process any longer than it would not paying it.
Hi,

I agree with you Lace. I dont think it's money orientated at all, I think they are just that clogged up with applications & paperwork, that they can't cope due to a staff shortage.

Last show we went to in Oct 06, I actually got to speak with a Canadian officer. She was very nice & very informative, however she add that there was just two officers based at London, dealing with applications!

She further added they work 10 till 3 so you can see why things take for ever..

Cheers
Old Sep 29th 2007, 7:48 am
Mr McGoo

Originally Posted by grthespark
Hi,

I agree with you Lace. I dont think it's money orientated at all, I think they are just that clogged up with applications & paperwork, that they can't cope due to a staff shortage.

Last show we went to in Oct 06, I actually got to speak with a Canadian officer. She was very nice & very informative, however she add that there was just two officers based at London, dealing with applications!

She further added they work 10 till 3 so you can see why things take for ever..

Cheers
Wow! Only 2 officers to cover the UK and large parts of the middle east!
I suspect they do shift things to other offices though.
On my first, failed, application in 2002 the rejection letter came from the Consulate in Sweden.

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, We applied Oct 04 and we didn't pay all the fees up front. I don't think that made a difference but it's hard to tell as we had to hold things up waiting for a baby to be born. We were asked to pay with our medical requests originally received in March..
Medicals taken 2nd August and still waiting for PPR..

Angela (silently going mad with the wait)
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Wow! Only 2 officers to cover the UK and large parts of the middle east!
I suspect they do shift things to other offices though.
On my first, failed, application in 2002 the rejection letter came from the Consulate in Sweden.

Cheers
Chris
Hello Chris,

Well that's what she claimed, I was shocked too. This would certainly expalin the length of time that things seem to take when dealing with London.

I'm fairly sure I read this in the Monthly Emigrate paper too, as there was an article on the time factor, & an officer actually replied. This was then published stating more or less what we was told at the London show.

Would they deal with the Middle East applications from London? But then like you said "Your refusal letter was from Sweden" Personally, having just returned from Calgary & talking to college staff out there, they were telling me they are overwhelmed with applications from the UK!

So much so, that they have brought in night staff to work through the night, to try a get on top of the huge back log. I just think from applications in London to college's in Canada they have just been swamped & as the lady said at the college "We've never been down this road before" & basically the system is just jammed!

It's a case of sit back & wait, or so it would seem. If you read some of these threads on here, some peole wait Month's for LMO's yet others get a reply in a matter of weeks!

When we applied to London for PR in Oct 2006. Our confirmation letter finally arrived in Feb 2007! despite the CIC website saying you will receive confirmation within 1 month! Yet they cashed the cheque within 1 day of receipt!

I'd like to bet that Canada has never had so many applications in the last 50 years, than it's received in the last 4

Cheers

Gary
Old Sep 30th 2007, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

suzyqueue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lace
QPRanger & Lace - Med dates are very close! - will let you know if/when we hear anything. Please can you also reply if/when you get yours.

Did not pay our fees us front, had a seperate request for fees.

Many thanks and fingers crossed.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:09 pm
Sutton On

QPRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem I think you will all soon get to know when we get them as will half the south coast of England.

Nick
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 10:30 am
Just Joined

suzyqueue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by QPRanger
No problem I think you will all soon get to know when we get them as will half the south coast of England.

Nick
Nick,

It has arrived - turned up in this mornings post! Still in shock and immensely relieved - yours shouldn't be too far behind.

Just over six weeks between meds and letter.

Best of luck.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:40 am
Sutton On

Well done you must be so relieved are you going to go up & hand in its a lot quicker apparrently.

Now i'm going to be checking inbox for email from lawyer evey 2 mins instead of every 5 seems to be all I do lately. Even got my mobile to check throughought afternoon and evening (our lawyer seems to always send Toronto lunchtime)

Keep saying if its going to happen its going to happen but wish it was that simple it would seem the posts of Simon876 chewing the furniture is now suddenly normal rational behavour for us.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:49 am
Mr McGoo

Nick,

It has arrived - turned up in this mornings post! Still in shock and immensely relieved - yours shouldn't be too far behind.

Best of luck.
Congrats suzyqueue,
I hope everything else goes well for you ... now the hard part is over!

Cheers
Chris
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Nick,

Best of luck.
Well done suzyqueue.

Enjoy the moment. Now the only decision is to post or deliver the passports to CHC?

If you can, have a day out in London. Remember, Royal mail are supposed to be on strike from Thursday.

All the best.

Simon
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future

Nick,

Best of luck.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

It must be a great feeling, ours shouldn't be too far behind yours. What date did you have your medicals?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:50 pm
Sutton On

We are same date as you 21st Aug so be interesting to see who gets the nod first ours has to go to our lawyer in Toronto so will take a few days to hear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.