Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Wikiposts

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Originally Posted by simon876
Eddie Stobart or Norbert Dentressangle?
Lol Simon,

Yes its true! Statistic's say, that you cannot travel on a Uk motorway without seeing an Eddie Stobart vehicle within 20 min's & thereafter every 30 min's..

Having travelled South to Southampton last week I found this to be true certainly within the first 20 min's, but nothing for an hour! Coming on Eddie get another couple of trucks!

Gary
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Oh yeah, just worked out I've had my Mac a year now, I get another new one next week.

You probably don't want to get me started on this, or I will show my true inner geekness

I still run Windows (I develop in Microsoft stuff - SQL, Reporting Services etc) but find it runs much better on a Mac using Parallels.

I'm desperately holding back the nerd in me now, so I'll end this post now.

RAM, Gigabytes, Bus speed ... damn it slipped out, sorry.
Sniff, sniff - is that the smell of an anorak chafing??
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:36 pm
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Sniff, sniff - is that the smell of an anorak chafing??
I'm not the one counting Eddie Stobart trucks!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

I'm not the one counting Eddie Stobart trucks!
Neither was I. It'll be one of them spotters oi reckon.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yarr,

Ye better prepare for September 19th - International Talk Like A Pirate Day!!

http://www.yarr.org.uk/

Cap'n Chaos
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:19 am
Mr McGoo

Yarr,

Ye better prepare for September 19th - International Talk Like A Pirate Day!!

http://www.yarr.org.uk/

Cap'n Chaos
I talks a bit loik tha' anyways.
Any one be wan'in' lessons?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

I talks a bit loik tha' anyways.
Any one be wan'in' lessons?
Ah-har my heartys, oi'll be thinkin' that theres many a lubber who'll be wantin' the 'elp of our tongues afore yon day's out.

Scurvy dog
Old Sep 12th 2007, 1:11 am
Mr McGoo

Ah-har my heartys, oi'll be thinkin' that theres many a lubber who'll be wantin' the 'elp of our tongues afore yon day's out.

Scurvy dog
You really do have too much time on your hands, don't you?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

You really do have too much time on your hands, don't you?
Never too busy to talk to friends.

P. Stachio
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough

Hello,

I am completely new to the forum ( only found it tonight) so please accept my apologies if I havent followed etiqette in terms of postings.

I was wondering whether anyone can offer some advice please.

My family and I applied for Skilled Worker Permanent Residency in the UK for Canada in June 2005. We received the 120 day letter on March 6th 2007 and submitted updated info May 2007 - we have not heard anything since.?

On the basis of the experience of others could anyone please advise how long we will need to wait to get the medical forms and the final visa Docs.

Many thanks,

Peter
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bonsai
Hello,

I am completely new to the forum ( only found it tonight) so please accept my apologies if I havent followed etiqette in terms of postings.

My family and I applied for Skilled Worker Permanent Residency in the UK for Canada in June 2005. We received the 120 day letter on March 6th 2007 and submitted updated info May 2007 - we have not heard anything since.?

On the basis of the experience of others could anyone please advise how long we will need to wait to get the medical forms and the final visa Docs.

Many thanks,

Peter
Welcome Bonsai. Just post a thread, you'll soon get an answer. Watch out for Mr Mcgoo he is an "Apple Mac Man" Very dodgy

Welcome have fun

Gary
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough

Gary,

Thanks.

I think that I am missing something - how do I post a brand new thread?

Peter
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:28 am
Mr McGoo

Hi Bonsai,
Despite this thread going way, way, WAY off topic, this is a thread for your question.
If you scan some of the earlier posts you will see plenty of timelines.
My timeline is only a few months ahead of you - docs sent mid-March, Med request mid-June. You've also hit the summer holiday period which might delay it further. If there are complications that may delay it too.

Check your paperwork for any time periods they mention, if it's close to one then maybe email them.

Ignore Gary, I was a long term PC user, but I saw the light (nothing to do with dodgy electricians )!
Mac users are more cultured anyway - see I will have lived in 3 different countries this year as proof, all because I own a Mac (get my 2nd one tomorrow!) ... Better stop now before I get over excited thinking about it

Good luck
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bonsai
Hello,

Many thanks,

Peter
Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum.

We applied Dec 2004 and were asked for our update in Dec 2006. We only received our medical requests in late June and have only just been told that our request for passports is being sent out.

Sadly, slow is one speed the CHC seem to do quite well. As Mr Mcgoo says, there is the holiday period to take into account as well.

Good luck though.

PS: Ignore the childish bickering that goes on between some members. I'm neither interested in computers (my only anorak is the one I wear when I'm cycling) nor able to re-wire your house (to whatever standard - "was that earth or live? - ah, never mind")

You won't find me indulging in that sort of behaviour - I'm far too old (apparently).

Simon
Old Sep 12th 2007, 7:17 pm
Mr McGoo

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum.

We applied Dec 2004 and were asked for our update in Dec 2006. We only received our medical requests in late June and have only just been told that our request for passports is being sent out.

Sadly, slow is one speed the CHC seem to do quite well. As Mr Mcgoo says, there is the holiday period to take into account as well.

Good luck though.

PS: Ignore the childish bickering that goes on between some members. I'm neither interested in computers (my only anorak is the one I wear when I'm cycling) nor able to re-wire your house (to whatever standard - "was that earth or live? - ah, never mind")

You won't find me indulging in that sort of behaviour - I'm far too old (apparently).

Simon
Childish bickering? ... but he started it!

Bonsai,
I forgot to welcome you to the forum, how rude of me!

I hope you can find all the info you need on here, it's been invaluable to me.
The timelines are not to be read as gospel, they just give you an indication.
Some people get lucky and are processed quickly, others seem to have to wait an eternity (look up Karen1), most are somewhere in the middle.

Good luck
Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.