Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Wikiposts

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Gents,

Many thanks for the replies - it is a real help to get an idea when things might be finalised. It is much appreciated.

I intend to try and grab an official at the emigrate show in October if I hear nothing in the interim. A few days later I am off to Ottawa for a recce so hopefully things will start moving soon.

As for computer envy I am using an Atari ST..............if only.

Peter
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Hi Bonsai,
Despite this thread going way, way, WAY off topic, this is a thread for your question.
If you scan some of the earlier posts you will see plenty of timelines.
My timeline is only a few months ahead of you - docs sent mid-March, Med request mid-June. You've also hit the summer holiday period which might delay it further. If there are complications that may delay it too.

Check your paperwork for any time periods they mention, if it's close to one then maybe email them.

Ignore Gary, I was a long term PC user, but I saw the light (nothing to do with dodgy electricians )!
Mac users are more cultured anyway - see I will have lived in 3 different countries this year as proof, all because I own a Mac (get my 2nd one tomorrow!) ... Better stop now before I get over excited thinking about it

Good luck
Hehe, Lol Chris

Yes I'll give you that, there are some real dodgy Sparkie's that's for sure... I can see you're itching to tell us about your new toy!

So come on out with it

I bet it's like a Christmas morning in your house at the moment

Have fun with it
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:45 am
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Gary, As you asked .... received my new 17 inch beast this morning, it was fully up and running in less than 2 hours, you don't get that sort of satisfaction from a PC!

This two hours included transferring windows and all it's software, all done by simply restarting the old mac and pressig "T"!

Last time I did it, with a PC, it took a whole day and had all sorts of driver issues for days to come.

Thanks for the therapy, Gary, that was such a release!

Back to immigration matters, Bonsai, the queue for the CIC staff will be massive! You'll have to start lining up early! Good luck. Having said that you can get loads of info at the show.

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Gary, As you asked .... received my new 17 inch beast this morning, it was fully up and running in less than 2 hours, you don't get that sort of satisfaction from a PC!

This two hours included transferring windows and all it's software, all done by simply restarting the old mac and pressig "T"!

Last time I did it, with a PC, it took a whole day and had all sorts of driver issues for days to come.

Thanks for the therapy, Gary, that was such a release!

Back to immigration matters, Bonsai, the queue for the CIC staff will be massive! You'll have to start lining up early! Good luck. Having said that you can get loads of info at the show.

Cheers
Chris
Sounds great! I don't know much about Apple Mac I must admit, other than what my friend had. Which he said, was a load of hassle. Putting that aside I have heard some good things too!

Like your's for instance I can see you're thrilled with your new toy It's obviously true about Santa

Enjoy

Gary
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Would you guys like to be alone for a while?

I'm sure we could find you a nice, safe, padded thread for you somewhere.

Now, if its bikes you want.... how about a full carbon frame with a 50/36 double chainset for those high cadence rides.....eh?

Simon
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:17 pm
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simon876
Would you guys like to be alone for a while?

I'm sure we could find you a nice, safe, padded thread for you somewhere.

Now, if its bikes you want.... how about a full carbon frame with a 50/36 double chainset for those high cadence rides.....eh?

Simon
What's it's top speed ... in GigaHertz
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Silly devil!

I must confess I lose my bottle around 45 mph. I start thinking, "This polystyrene helmet really isn't gonna help at this speed."

To answer your question, if I come off the bike at top speed, its not Gigahertz, its "gonna hurt"

Simon
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

altalink will become famous soon enough

Just bouncing this back to the top of the pile ... in case anyone has new info ?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

petemaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Been offline for a while! landed in Ontario a month on ago! Stayed in an Apartment/Hotel for the first three weeks which was expensive (by Canadian standards - but not by Uk) Moved into a fab house last Saturday. Everything going alot smoother than expected!

Mr McGoo - I have sent you a message.

Any questions anyone - feel free to ask!

Good luck everyone.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:57 am
Just Joined

suzyqueue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by altalink
Just bouncing this back to the top of the pile ... in case anyone has new info ?
New to all this - had medicals 6 weeks ago and waiting final verdict - hopefully not too much longer??

In answer to altalink timelines are as follows: AOR Feb 05, Updates requested Dec 06, Updates sent Jan 07, final fees requested Apr 07, Meds requested Jul 07. Meds done 17 Aug 07 - now waiting.

We suffered delays due to the fact that we moved and despite telling CHC three times, they kept sending requests to old address. Top tip - if you move make sure that you re-direct mail for at least a year!

See there is to be a postal strike next week which may well hold things up even further!

Would love to know if anyone has some best guess estimates in how long it takes to receive final decision after medicals are taken.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:59 am
Sutton On

QPRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our meds Aug 21st be interesting to see the difference for next contact.

Our lawyer in Toronto is contact so hopefully they wont use royal mail but will make it few days before we hear.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

For all of you out there still waiting the long wait. Would be interested to hear how many of you paid all of the fees up front when you initially submitted the application as we did.

I'm thinking because they don't have to push us for any more monies they don't seem to be in any hurry to send us our med requests.

Would especially be interested in those that applied between Feb and June 05 - Did you guys all send full amount? I now wish we had hung on to the ROLF for a bit longer and maybe we would have moved along a bit faster? Just wondering...
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by QPRanger
We had our meds Aug 21st be interesting to see the difference for next contact.

Our lawyer in Toronto is contact so hopefully they wont use royal mail but will make it few days before we hear.
Our PPR was sent to our lawyer in Toronto too. As I had sent a polite enquiry to CHC by e-mail, they kindly telephoned me to say that the PPR was in the post.

Sadly, it took 6 days to reach our lawyers and we didn't get our PPR until 9.30 p.m. on Thursday 13th, literally hours after we could have taken our passports to London (grrr.)

Oh, well ... we collect our visas next Thursday.

May your wait pass quickly.

Simon & Laura
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Alison33
For all of you out there still waiting the long wait. Would be interested to hear how many of you paid all of the fees up front when you initially submitted the application as we did.

I'm thinking because they don't have to push us for any more monies they don't seem to be in any hurry to send us our med requests.

Would especially be interested in those that applied between Feb and June 05 - Did you guys all send full amount? I now wish we had hung on to the ROLF for a bit longer and maybe we would have moved along a bit faster? Just wondering...
Hmmm, I'm not so sure. We paid up front too but I don't think that made any difference. They still asked us for proof of payment in our 90-day update!

Simon & Laura
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

petemaz is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied and paid our fees up front November 2004 - got out visas August 16th 2007 - nearly 3 year wait. Landed Ontario September 2nd.

Not sure whether paying up front made any difference - the whole thing seems to take for ever for everyone!

Good luck folks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.