Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Bikini bottom uk will become famous soon enoughBikini bottom uk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Hi all

I have been reading this thread with great interest. We applied Sept 05. Got no delay letters or any further responses. But rather than wait it out in grotty London, like MrMcgoo we got on with our lives we sold our house, spent a year overseas, 3 kids in tow.

At the end of last year, we took the plunge and decided to try and get a work permit by emailing to job ads from job bank and craig list it was a bit hit and miss but, the man upstairs mst have been smiling on us as my husband was offered a job within 4 weeks of sending out applications, his LMO came in 3 weeks and we were in Vancouver by March! So we are still awaiting PR but would rather wait it out here, where the weather is great, the people in our community are friendly and the kids are loving school. I have an open spouse work permit and start my new job tomorrow. Petemaz you mentioned a visit to church...it does help, I'm a great believer in spirituality and faith. Hang in there and know it's going to happen.

But definately worth applying to jobs, research Canadian resume's and change accordingly and give it a go, it beats staring out the window at the British summer!!! BB
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

ajbear is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

Hi all

Thought we would add to the thread with our timeline:

Applied Aug 04
AOR Oct 04
IA Sept 06
Med req Dec 06
Delay in getting meds due to unborn baby
Added son to application - Feb 07
Meds done May 07
PPR Jul 07
Waiting..................
Jan 08 - Vancouver island hurray.........finally
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

petemaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Will do!

I just posted a whinge on another thread and I've just noticed it's straight after one of your posts!

I've asked for more confirmation on this "meds meaning acceptance" thing.

We've got our kids names down as well for an idyllic school on a small island in commuting distance to Vancouver.
As the only school on the island they have to take our kids by law so they've said don't worry if we are late starting. My only issue is breaking the law in this country but by September we should know - I hope

We took our kids out of school in the UK to live in Switzerland for a few months and coming back has coincided with summer hols so fingers crossed it'll work out.

Cheers
Chris
MR MCGOO -Omigod! We got our PPR this morning. Reckon yours must be on its way too! Must be in the same batch - Reckon they do only work on a Thursday. ours was a white envelope - reckon they ran out of brown envelopes! Can't believe it after 2 years 9 months WE ARE IN!!! Very happy BUNNIES. Flying over on Saturday- house hunting. Doing an person hand in on the following Thursday. Champagne on ice for tonight! Let me know if you get yours - got our fingers and toes crossed for you too mate!Pretty sure your gonna hear this week.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:29 pm
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats petemaz!!

I'm away until Wednesday, I will have to cope with the anticipation!

You're turn to have a drink for me.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Will do thanks.

Just make sure they look for a white envelope - we missed it first time as all the others have been in brown.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:36 pm
Mr McGoo

Hi petemaz,
I may have just missed it but can you post your full timeline at some point when you've stopped celebrating

Cheers
Chris
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

We are new to all this, so hope this all makes sense!

November 2004 - application received at CHC
June 2006 - delay letter to say they hope to process by June 2007
November 2006 - request to update details, re-do all forms and fresh police check
January 2007- all documents resent to CHC
March 2007 - asked for updated photos, another police check and r.p.r.f.
April 2007 - all above sent to CHC
7th June 2007 - medical request
22nd June 2007 - medicals done
4th July 2007 - medicals received at CHC
30th July 2007 - PPR received Yippee!

If it doesnt make sense let us know.

Good luck!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 2:27 pm
Since 010205

l i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nice

Hi All

Just to update - we got our PPR today. Timeline below. OMG where do we start now with all that's left to do?!?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Congrats Lisa...not long now.

Are you going to drop them off by hand and pick them up in 2 weeks or are you going to trust the postal system??

Chris
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:25 pm
Since 010205

l i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nice

Originally Posted by cneldred
Congrats Lisa...not long now.

Are you going to drop them off by hand and pick them up in 2 weeks or are you going to trust the postal system??

Chris
Cheers Chris

I have trusted them to the post, 'signed for' so I can track on-line. Thought as it was Mon and I wouldn't drop them off until Thurs I would go with the post. They seem to be coming back in 3-4 weeks which is fine for us.

Still have the house in Fall River, pending sale of ours. Our buyers pulled out at the end of last week - oh joy! How's yours going?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Snap, our buyer pulled out last week. Bloody footballers, think the world revolves around them. Heard nothing from them for a month, estate agent gets in touch, 'oh, we decided to pull out', yeah kid of forgot to tell anyone about it.

Ho hum....enquiring about letting the house out now if we haven't sold by October.

Good luck your end.

Chris
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Hi petemaz,
I may have just missed it but can you post your full timeline at some point when you've stopped celebrating

Cheers
Chris
Any news? Hoping you got white envelope too!
Old Aug 4th 2007, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Skilled Worker Class Timeline from UK

hi thr..good luck with everything...our time line is AOR dec04, 90 day letter dec06, updated info req may 07, med req aug 07, med appointments sept 07.

if you a better idea on peoples timelines, there is website called <www.emigrationstory.com>, it was set up by a couple called Steve and Karen who have been thru almost all you can imagine in the emigration process.

hope this helps

mike,jools,noah and abbey
Old Aug 4th 2007, 6:04 am
Mr McGoo

Originally Posted by petemaz
Any news? Hoping you got white envelope too!
Hi petemaz,

Nothing yet
We emailed CHC 2 weeks ago but have got nothing but an automated reply.

This is horrible! Our 90 day limit for document submission is up on the 25th of August, we emailed to check that they got everything citing the fact it was sent from Switzerland and that we have moved back to the UK as grounds for contacting them - but we've had nothing.

I'm hoping it's something silly like the letter's gone to our address in Switzerland. I shall have to phone later and check.

We've been checking ECAS everyday, which also still has our Swiss address on it still.

Did anyone else notice ECAS change before they got a PPR, ours still says "In Process".

Cheers
Chris
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Spoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the rough

We are some way down the line now. We've had our Medicals, CHC rang yesterday and confirmed that they have everything except my wifes updated Police Certificate. However as per a different thread relating to seeing the progress online. Ours still says in Progress. It has been like this since we applied in Dec'04. Frankly the 'Online' progress service is a complete waste of time as it will only ever say 'In Progress' until a decision is made ! It will however, confirm whether they have your UK address registered as opposed to your switzerland address if this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.