Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old May 29th 2015, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

My work has sent off their first part of the PNP application back in January but this is still being processed.

My visa expires in October so it is unlikely I will have my PNP in time as I have not even sent off my own part of the PNP application yet.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can remain working in Canada while my PNP is being processed? I can't extend my visa as I am on the IEC.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old May 29th 2015, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

Application sent to BC PNP 12th March 2014
Application received by BC PNP 17th March 2014
Nominated by BC PNP 11th July 2014
Application for PR sent to CIC 15th July 2014
Application received by CIC 11th August 2014
Request for Medical 22nd October 2014
Medical done 1st November 2014
Medical received by CIC 15th November 2014
Right to permanent residency fee requested 8th May 2015
Application for PR into processing 8th May 2015
Decision Made 28th May 2015
Old May 29th 2015, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kraven
My work has sent off their first part of the PNP application back in January but this is still being processed.

My visa expires in October so it is unlikely I will have my PNP in time as I have not even sent off my own part of the PNP application yet.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can remain working in Canada while my PNP is being processed? I can't extend my visa as I am on the IEC.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Is your PNP in BC? Im pretty sure they have stopped accepting them although hopefully yours is in before the cutoff. As far as staying in the country is concerned I believe you can go on as a visitor for six months but cant work. Unfortunately this wouldnt likely be long enough for you to get your PR in time. I believe you will have to leave the country. I could very well be wrong and most likely someone more knowledgeable will correct me shortly lol
Old May 29th 2015, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Eddmac
Is your PNP in BC? Im pretty sure they have stopped accepting them although hopefully yours is in before the cutoff. As far as staying in the country is concerned I believe you can go on as a visitor for six months but cant work. Unfortunately this wouldnt likely be long enough for you to get your PR in time. I believe you will have to leave the country. I could very well be wrong and most likely someone more knowledgeable will correct me shortly lol
Nope I'm in Ontario. Once you have your PNP letter apparently you can go to the border and get a work permit. But I just highly doubt I will have my PNP letter anytime before my visa expires.
Old May 29th 2015, 11:24 am
Just Joined

karli is on a distinguished road

I would think the only alternative would be if your employer is willing to apply for an LMIA to get you a work permit in the mean time? I was in the same situation- working on an IEC visa which was due to expire while waiting for my PNP letter. Fortunately my PNP letter of nomination came through one week before my IEC expired! We made a quick dash to the border to get new work permits- fingers crossed you'll be as lucky.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's so odd, and tbh completely daft - they must know that most people will end up having their medicals expire or having to be extended as PR is unlikely to be processed in time! The mind boggles sometimes, it really does.........
After complete radio silence for 7 months we got RPRF requested last week, updated to in process end of last week and medicals received line added in today.
I'm hoping that means it will be processed before end of November and we will not have to re-do the medicals.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karli
I would think the only alternative would be if your employer is willing to apply for an LMIA to get you a work permit in the mean time? I was in the same situation- working on an IEC visa which was due to expire while waiting for my PNP letter. Fortunately my PNP letter of nomination came through one week before my IEC expired! We made a quick dash to the border to get new work permits- fingers crossed you'll be as lucky.
No my employer is not willing to do an LMIA as it has been challenging for them in the past. Plus I doubt there would be enough time for that.

Do you think speaking with an immigration lawyer would help?
Old Jun 7th 2015, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kraven
No my employer is not willing to do an LMIA as it has been challenging for them in the past. Plus I doubt there would be enough time for that.

Do you think speaking with an immigration lawyer would help?
No. You will either have the employer apply for the LMIA, hope you receive the PNP nomination letter before your current work permit expires or switch over to visitor status if neither of the 2 above come through.
You could politely explain to your employer that it is your intention to continue working for them and what would it cost them to hire someone new unless they are willing to lay you off then rehire once you get the PNP support letter.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Humgarden is an unknown quantity at this point

AINP (Alberta PNP) nomination received about October 10,2014
PR Application received by CIO Sydney October 16, 2014
'Placed in process' email' received March 19,2015
received request for medicals March 24,
Meds done and sent in about April 7, 2015
CIO Sydney requests :copy of passport page,pol. certs.,Medicals,RPRF fee, July 2,

This email today(July 2, 2015) says if I already sent this stuff , "If you have already completed all the requirements mentioned above, you can ignore this letter". I have already sent ALL of this with my original application in October 2014. What I am worried about is , has CIO lost some of this stuff? I'm thinking seriously about calling them and asking them if these items are still with my application. I would hate for them to tell me 3 months from now they don't have this or that and my app is delayed. I don't know what's best : phone call or email?
Old Jul 5th 2015, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond repute

Arrived Saskatoon with IEC WHV June 2012
Applied with SINP January 2013
SINP Approved Dec 2013
CIC Sydney received application Feb 2014
Fees/Medical requested and done March/April 2014
In Processing September 2014
Decision Made June 2015
Bio data requested on June 30th 2015, sent July 3rd 2015

Waiting for next step ...
Old Jul 5th 2015, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Humgarden
I don't know what's best : phone call or email?
I emailed them in January, it was answered at the end of May.....
Old Jul 6th 2015, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

I had three friends all email/text me over the weekend asking how long from "Final Payment" request to flag poling ? Reading on here it could be a long time, up to six months ????? Is that normal now as its a long time since i've been involved in immigration in any way.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Humgarden is an unknown quantity at this point

Received email today from CIO Sydney saying I need to send RCMP Police certificate within 60 days. I'm pretty thorough, really wondering how I missed that being a requirement.
Anybody know how long RCMP fingerprint and record check take? If CIC had just made it clear that that was required, I would gladly have send in with all my other police certain at time I submitted App.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Received email today from CIO Sydney saying I need to send RCMP Police certificate within 60 days. I'm pretty thorough, really wondering how I missed that being a requirement.
Anybody know how long RCMP fingerprint and record check take? If CIC had just made it clear that that was required, I would gladly have send in with all my other police certain at time I submitted App.
I have never heard of that before. You sure its RCMP? I thought they did that themselves.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The RCMP one is because you probably have a similar name, dob to someone in Canada with a record. You didn't miss it in your initial application this is something CIC can request at a later date.
Read this link in how to obtain them
Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.