Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old Aug 10th 2015, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by desire68
Hey Eddmac, We were requested to check our Schedule A and pay the RPRF back on the 2nd July 2015. I was well excited ind paid it the same day. The ecas shows "in process" but i need to get a BOWP as ours expires this month. The thing is, i went on the CIC to apply and i cant see anywhere to send the completed form. I paid the $155+$100 fees for the permit on line but CIC want you to sign up for MyCIC and it leads nowhere as the site is having some issues right now. I truly thought we would be landed by now so worrying a little right now. We are so close and i dont want to mess it up. Any advice would help right now.
Thanks.
Mike
Hi Mike,

I have never applied for one, so don't know for sure. At a guess I would think you could get one at a port of entry?
Hopefully Former Lancastrian can confirm or refute this guess though lol

Going by Amtobi's timeline, one would think that further progress on yours is imminent, although I know one persons experience can be very different from another's.

Best of luck with it.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eddmac
Hi Mike,

I have never applied for one, so don't know for sure. At a guess I would think you could get one at a port of entry?
Hopefully Former Lancastrian can confirm or refute this guess though lol

Going by Amtobi's timeline, one would think that further progress on yours is imminent, although I know one persons experience can be very different from another's.

Best of luck with it.
CBSA cannot issue BOWP at a POE.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for clarifying that FL, any idea how the chap can get one, if the web site is playing up?

Can you call to Service Canada or something, or is online the only way?
Old Aug 10th 2015, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for clarifying that FL, any idea how the chap can get one, if the web site is playing up?

Can you call to Service Canada or something, or is online the only way?
They can call the CIC info line at 1 888 242 2100 and hope somebody at that end can suggest something.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
They can call the CIC info line at 1 888 242 2100 and hope somebody at that end can suggest something.
Cheers Buddy

Hopefully I will get PR before I need to make use of this information myself!
Old Aug 10th 2015, 9:59 pm
Finally I'm LANDED

desire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for your help in my absence Eddmac. Well i can tell you that i have not slept very much between 3am and 6am when i eventually got back on to the CIC. Ive been sorting through more forms and i've actually talked to 2 people from CiC today. What a go around. Right, firstly, i needed a BOWP but not the open part as im tied to my employer so i only need to pay the $155 bridging permit fee and not $100 open permit fee.
Dont celebrate yet though, there's more. Under the new rule changes as of April this year, my employer now needs to complete a (LMIA) Labour market impact assesment form and pay a fee to the tune of $230. THEN my wife needs a BOWP (the full version) so the $155+$100for the privilage of having an open permit and both the kids need visitors permits so that they can continue going to school $100 each please mister!

I'm gunned! I seriously thought that i was in the home straight but this has felt like almost starting the process all over again, oh and before i forget, i can pay online but i have to paper submit my forms as my process is not part of the EE. Man, i need a very large drink of some sort! What lovely time im having with this NOT!!!!
Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by desire68; Aug 10th 2015 at 10:01 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

wow that sucks buddy.

I really really hope that I don't have to go through that and I get my PR prior to my permit expiring. On a somewhat related note, I received an LMO (prior to LMIA) for my position, which said it was valid for 4 years. Would this preclude me from having to get an LMIA on expiration of my work permit, as there would technically be another two years left on my LMO and should I just be able to get a BOWP directly?
Old Aug 10th 2015, 11:06 pm
Finally I'm LANDED

desire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to behold

Well you would hope so but they change the rules so often that its hard to keep up. I didn't even know about the LMIA until late last night as i thought that i was done with that end of the process.
I wold say that your LMO should be fine but please do yourself a favour and keep checking the CiC for updates. I will be now as i dont want any more expensive surprises.
Cheers,
Mike
Old Aug 13th 2015, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desire68

I'm gunned! I seriously thought that i was in the home straight but this has felt like almost starting the process all over again, oh and before i forget, i can pay online but i have to paper submit my forms as my process is not part of the EE. Man, i need a very large drink of some sort! What lovely time im having with this NOT!!!!
Cheers,
Mike
Wow, that's depressing when you think you are done with the forms.
Hope it all goes smoothly and your decision made comes through quickly.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

We are currently sitting at the 'in process' stage of our application, having paid RPRF back in May (medicals all received).
So I think they have everything they need, or we would have heard something back by now.

My question, we are due to head off to the UK for 2 weeks and just wondering if by some fluke the COPR was issued while we were away would that cause any problems for us re-entering on our TWP's?

Is there another step in between in process medicals received and issuing COPR I'm missing?
We will log on and check online to see if a decision has been made but going by other posters that often means nothing anyway.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
We are currently sitting at the 'in process' stage of our application, having paid RPRF back in May (medicals all received).
So I think they have everything they need, or we would have heard something back by now.

My question, we are due to head off to the UK for 2 weeks and just wondering if by some fluke the COPR was issued while we were away would that cause any problems for us re-entering on our TWP's?

Is there another step in between in process medicals received and issuing COPR I'm missing?
We will log on and check online to see if a decision has been made but going by other posters that often means nothing anyway.
No it won't cause any problems as the work permits would still be valid.
Having the COPR forms issued doesn't confer PR status the actual landing with the forms does.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
No it won't cause any problems as the work permits would still be valid.
Having the COPR forms issued doesn't confer PR status the actual landing with the forms does.
Thankyou.
It would be so lovely if we had a decision before we left but I think that would be asking too much.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

I just got a nice letter (email) from CIC asking for copies of my passport bio data, my police certs, for me to check my schedule A info and to pay my RPRF.

This looks like my application is moving along nicely
It certainly looks like we're following a few weeks behind you Eddmac - we got the same email today and I was finally able to log into view the account online! Although it just shows as "Application received". I've paid the fees now though

Is there somewhere to check they've received your medicals? We went somewhere emedical enabled and I assume they've been received or we'd have heard (back in May). They did ask for a further blood test from me as I had gestational diabetes in my middle pregnancy 8 years ago (not in my most recent 14 months ago though lol).

I can't help but get excited! We've been on our TWP since 7th September last year and I'm hopefully; not optimistic, but hopeful, that we'll have PR by Easter.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen
It certainly looks like we're following a few weeks behind you Eddmac - we got the same email today and I was finally able to log into view the account online! Although it just shows as "Application received". I've paid the fees now though

Is there somewhere to check they've received your medicals? We went somewhere emedical enabled and I assume they've been received or we'd have heard (back in May). They did ask for a further blood test from me as I had gestational diabetes in my middle pregnancy 8 years ago (not in my most recent 14 months ago though lol).

I can't help but get excited! We've been on our TWP since 7th September last year and I'm hopefully; not optimistic, but hopeful, that we'll have PR by Easter.
I would love to think youre right, but remember who we are talking about eh?
I just checked and my application shows as "medical results received"
It has said that since about 1 week after i did the medical.
Best of luck!
Old Aug 18th 2015, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen

If they asked for further blood tests then they must have received the medicals (otherwise I assume they would not know about the GD?).
If it's any reassurance we completed our medicals back in November last year (also emedical) and they didn't change the status to medicals received til May this year.
They seem to do things differently on a case by case basis just to keep everybody guessing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.