Notorised copies for CIC?

Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:28 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notorised copies for CIC?

Well thats it everything notorised and sent off, now for the waiting game I suppose fingers crossed it's not going to take forever
xx
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

I think it's confusing because so many people on here are applying through different routes, and they are all different. The important thing I guess is to read the instructions for your type of visa and not worry about the others.

We're applying through FSW and it looks like we have to get everything notarized (except police certificates and transcripts, which must be original). The last time we got a single document notarized the notary charged us £10. Hopefully that won't be per document or it will cost a fortune!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

sixpence will become famous soon enoughsixpence will become famous soon enough

If the requirement list doesn't say it has to be notarized, you dont have to. If they ask for original, send originals. If they ask for copies, send photocopies. It is very important to follow the instruction than getting a delay in processing for not forwarding the required documents.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
I think it's confusing because so many people on here are applying through different routes, and they are all different. The important thing I guess is to read the instructions for your type of visa and not worry about the others.

We're applying through FSW and it looks like we have to get everything notarized (except police certificates and transcripts, which must be original). The last time we got a single document notarized the notary charged us £10. Hopefully that won't be per document or it will cost a fortune!
I spoke to a notary yesterday afternoon after reading through this thread. She confirmed it is normal to get copies of every official document notarised (but she would say that?), as MarkSurrey says, except for police certs and sealed transcript (degree cert though has to be notarised she says). She also said that legal copies of birth/marriage certs need to be done - is that true?

She quoted £75 for first document and £15 each thereafter, or £180 ph whichever is cheaper for us (neither!). Didn't ask about copies of passport pages though.

Last edited by singingringingtree; Mar 10th 2009 at 3:49 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:55 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
I spoke to a notary yesterday afternoon after reading through this thread. She confirmed it is normal to get copies of every official document notarised (but she would say that?), as MarkSurrey says, except for police certs and sealed transcript (degree cert though has to be notarised she says). She also said that legal copies of birth/marriage certs need to be done - is that true?

She quoted £75 for first document and £15 each thereafter, or £180 ph whichever is cheaper for us (neither!). Didn't ask about copies of passport pages though.
Goodness thats sounds expensive! Our Lawyer didnt charge last time or this morning to do it, license to print money hey, I must be in the wrong job!!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bellanova
hey, I must be in the wrong job!!
Just what i was thinking Claire!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bellanova
Goodness thats sounds expensive! Our Lawyer didnt charge last time or this morning to do it, license to print money hey, I must be in the wrong job!!
Certainly sounds like it's worth ringing around.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi

My husband and I are gathering our docs together to send to CHC London and also wondering what needs to notarised/certified so this thread is proving to be very useful if not confusing!

I personally think the instructions for the London office are certainly enough to make anyone confused. The below extract uses the word notarised/certified interchangably when referring to copies of translations:

Gather documents as listed. Check (􀀻) each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your documents (a paper clip will do). Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals unless
otherwise stated. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy
of the originals.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

Does this mean that notarised/certified can be used interchangably for copies of other documents because as we know these are 2 totally different things and incur different fees?

I know this whole question of notarising/certifying has been discussed several times but the wording on the instructions is misleading.

Anyone seen notarise and certify used interchangably like this before?

Lucy
Old Mar 10th 2009, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

nextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nice

As said before our letter states exactly as sixpence has said .. Makes me think that some letters sent are definetly worded differently ..
Julie
Old Mar 10th 2009, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

same for us, we didnt get anything notarised and have received med requests!

Originally Posted by z030209
i didnt notarise anything and got my med request...
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:09 pm
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by rufus2000
same for us, we didnt get anything notarised and have received med requests!

Thats good news! Well lets hope that everyone who didn't get them notorised gets through as well, good luck everyone!!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:10 pm
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by singingringingtree

Definately shop around that just sounds SO expensive, good luck with your search xx
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

Even though it said notorised copies, I don't think this means that you have to use a notary public to do this you can use a solicitor to stamp the copy and sign it. A notary is supposed to make enquiries to check that it is legitimate and this is why is it more expensive. I went to a notary and he read all the documentation from CIC and said a solicitor could notorise it as a true copy but he did it for me anyway and only charge £50 for around 15 documents.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ga1lf
Even though it said notorised copies, I don't think this means that you have to use a notary public to do this you can use a solicitor to stamp the copy and sign it. A notary is supposed to make enquiries to check that it is legitimate and this is why is it more expensive. I went to a notary and he read all the documentation from CIC and said a solicitor could notorise it as a true copy but he did it for me anyway and only charge £50 for around 15 documents.
That's interesting ... I called three solicitors and all said I would have to go to a public notary. I guess it is just hitting on the right one who is prepared to do it.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:05 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ga1lf
A solicitor could CERTIFY that it was a true copy - only a Notary Public can NOTARISE something for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.