Notorised copies for CIC?

Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:07 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notorised copies for CIC?

Just to add to the confusion

I got all of my things "certified" by a solicitor, all they confirmed was that the document was true copy of the original, signed, stamped and dated and this was fine.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
A solicitor could CERTIFY that it was a true copy - only a Notary Public can NOTARISE something for you.

In fairness, the London Instructions for FSW say that you should send notarized copies of all documents except police certificates, not certified copies. They only refer to certified translations of documents that are in languages other than English or French.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:35 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
In fairness, the London Instructions for FSW say that you should send notarized copies of all documents except police certificates, not certified copies. They only refer to certified translations of documents that are in languages other than English or French.
I know that - I was merely correcting the poster who said a Solicitor could notorise something was a true copy - they cannot. They can only certify something is a true copy.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:50 pm
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future

WOW! This thread seems to have opened up a whole caseful of cans of worms!!!
Just to satisfy my own curiosity......

WHO has had ANY problems NOT noterising the recommended documents?

I understand all of the arguments etc, and I'm not suggesting ignoring any of the previous sage advice but to keep it clear....

Has ANYONE had a problem sending in un-noterised documents?

The battle rages on!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:52 pm
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future

Ooops! That's notorised of course!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:56 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I think all of us in this discussion are still waiting to hear back from CIC...so we can fill you in once we hear back!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

Well I stand corrected, I got mine Certified. I have received my medical request and they have not asked for any subsequent document to be sent back due them not being notorised.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

I know that the notarized (certified) is used for translations but why say both when you mean certified. Why would notarized be any different for translations than for other documents?

It truly is a paperwork minefield!

Lucy
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:37 am

It really is! The whole process seems to be set up to make you fall or doubt yourself. What on earth would we do if we didn't have BE to help us out!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:49 am
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
It really is! The whole process seems to be set up to make you fall or doubt yourself. What on earth would we do if we didn't have BE to help us out!
Hear, hear!!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Adeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really nice

We have just sent everything yesterday, and didnt get anything notorised.
The letter you receive does conflict with the online guide and the online checklist. Our letter said'Submit photocopies of documents' does not mention notorising but the checklist that you print off does!! the photographs are the same the letter request 2 now and further 4 later, the guide requested 4 and the online checklist says 6!!!!!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

Have just been chuckling to myself as I read through this thread. It seems the old application paranoia I remember so well is still alive and kicking!
I remember having a similar conversation on here way back in 2005 when we were compiling our FSW application.
In the end we submitted all our documents un-notarized as we were advised by other posters that it was only necessary to get them notarized if we had any qualifications or certificates issued overseas/in another language. Our FSW was processed without issue but I remember fretting about it for a couple of years after submitting our application! I would assume that to still be the case if you are submitting to CHC in the UK.
I would say, if you are submitting an app in Canada though to play safe and get anything notarized that calls for it - they LOVE their paperwork over here! I still can't believe the amount of forms you have to sign here to get anything sorted out. The piles of official documents reign supreme here.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

Glad it's not just me freaking out about the inconsistent instructions. They certainly make it difficult for you to follw the instruction correctly when there are 3 different versions

On the Certified/Notarised debate the guide states:

Certified copies or notarized documentsTo have a copy certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”
the name of the original document
the date of the certification
his or her name
his or her official position or title
his or her signature

Who can certify copies?People authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

a commissioner of oaths
a notary public
a justice of the peace

Outside Canada:

a judge
a magistrate
a notary public
an officer of a court of justice
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:29 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to ask a friend of mine who's a dentist to certify them - if that's not good enough then c'est la vie....
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

My package is ready now to send in to London. I do not have any emploment contracts as such, but do have good letters of reference.

However, where a friend of ours who is a lawyer said she will sign them, tonight she said that she may not be able to as she is a notary public. However she can swear some oaths in. She will get back to me, but in my search I see that a local magistrate (JP) can do it and I may know one who will do it for me.

Just when you think it is safe to send it off...............

JET

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.