Notorised copies for CIC?

Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:31 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Notorised copies for CIC?

Evening all!! Just a quick query regarding our paperwork for CIC London. We are just about to send our paperwork off for Skilled worker after being nominated by NS immigration and we were going to get all the supporting documents notorised, but we are unsure of whether or not we need too, can't seem to find a definate answer in the paperwork! Any ideas?
Thanks
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:34 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notorised copies for CIC?

Originally Posted by Bellanova
Evening all!! Just a quick query regarding our paperwork for CIC London. We are just about to send our paperwork off for Skilled worker after being nominated by NS immigration and we were going to get all the supporting documents notorised, but we are unsure of whether or not we need too, can't seem to find a definate answer in the paperwork! Any ideas?
Thanks
I say no...only because I have just sent all my stuff off to London and did not notorize anything lol.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

What Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant future

Read the accompanying guidance material carefully. Unless it specifically states 'Notarised Copies' do not bother.

Incidentally, I sent my PR to Buffalo (ABINP) and pretty much everything had to be notarised. Go figure!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:38 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like the information is a bit sketchy and I think we will probably get them done, our lawyer that did the house sale for us will do it for nothing so we shouldn't loose out, Im sure you'll be ok Amy because there seem to be people on here that havent had them done and they have been ok! They might just use yours for loo roll if its wrong (only kidding) xxx
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:39 pm
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by What Limits
Read the accompanying guidance material carefully. Unless it specifically states 'Notarised Copies' do not bother.

Incidentally, I sent my PR to Buffalo (ABINP) and pretty much everything had to be notarised. Go figure!

Bazaar! Just goes to show the lack of consistancy!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

i didnt notarise anything and got my med request...
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:16 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

"When all else fails, read the instructions"

If you read the Appendix A Visa Office Specific Instructions for London, the following items are the only ones that are required to notarized

6. EDUCATION/TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS
• Professional qualifications certificates: notarized professional qualifications
certificates should be submitted if available. (e.g., Engineer, Computer
Programmer, Accountant, Economist, Translator/Interpreter, Architect etc.)

7. WORK EXPERIENCE
For you, the principal applicant:
• notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers,

10. NON-ACCOMPANYING FAMILY MEMBERS DECLARATION (IF APPLICABLE):
If you have a spouse, common-law partner or dependent children and you do not intend to include them in your application for permanent residence, submit with your application a notarized statutory declaration stating your intention to proceed to Canada without your family members, and confirming that you understand that your family members must meet immigration requirements in their own right if they wish to join you in Canada.
accompanied by an English or French translation

Note that only #10 is applicable to PNP applicants.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

If you read the Appendix A Visa Office Specific Instructions for London, the following items are the only ones that are required to notarized

• Professional qualifications certificates: notarized professional qualifications

7. WORK EXPERIENCE

If you have a spouse, common-law partner or dependent children and you do not intend to include them in your application for permanent residence, submit with your application a notarized statutory declaration stating your intention to proceed to Canada without your family members, and confirming that you understand that your family members must meet immigration requirements in their own right if they wish to join you in Canada.

I'm really, really sorry to be incredibly thick, but I have a journalist qualification - what do I do to get it notarized? Who do I go to? What do I ask for?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:07 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
I'm really, really sorry to be incredibly thick, but I have a journalist qualification - what do I do to get it notarized? Who do I go to? What do I ask for?
Look in the phone book under "Notary" or call any law firm. Most of them have a lawyer there that is a Notary Public. Tell them what you need notorized and they will either make you an appointment or tell you to pop in, they will also tell you what they will charge you.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:54 pm
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

7. WORK EXPERIENCE

Thankyou for your slightly patronising reply, we have the notes, but noticed in recent threads about the same subject that the information was a bit sketchy, we just wanted to make sure thats all
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Look in the phone book under "Notary" or call any law firm. Most of them have a lawyer there that is a Notary Public. Tell them what you need notorized and they will either make you an appointment or tell you to pop in, they will also tell you what they will charge you.
Many thanks AmyDavid.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:58 pm

Thankyou for your slightly patronising reply, we have the notes, but noticed in recent threads about the same subject that the information was a bit sketchy, we just wanted to make sure thats all
LOL I did laugh when I read the reply! I thought your Mum had logged on to tell you off for not reading the instructions properly....
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:37 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Appendix A
Checklist

Gather documents as listed. Check (�) each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your documents (a paper clip will do).

Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals unless
otherwise stated.

Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals.

We have notarized everything! Done this in Canada through work, no cost involved.
We're FSW not PNP.

Charlie

Last edited by purple80; Mar 9th 2009 at 1:05 am.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

You don't need a full notary service, this can be expensive. I got mine confirmed as true copies using a solicitor. Also, any certificates of birth etc have to be legal copies so you have to go to the town hall registry dept for where this took place i.e. born in a hospital in Kensington and Chelsea London, go to that town hall and request a copy of your birth cert.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:43 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

If the notes say "notarize" then notarize you must.
Perhaps other posters have got away with it but you might not.
Is it really worth the gamble, wasting a year for the sake of some paperwork?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.