Notorised copies for CIC?

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:32 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notorised copies for CIC?

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Just to add to the confusion

I got all of my things "certified" by a solicitor, all they confirmed was that the document was true copy of the original, signed, stamped and dated and this was fine.
me too.
i think on balance a solicitor's good word supercedes that of some shonky notary.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

nextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nice

We have just had a letter notarised today to take 2 people off the original application .. It cost us £57.50 just for one letter done .. All other certificates we are getting certified by a solicitor friend we know ,, Nothing in the 90 dy letter asks us for any notarised documentation , only done this one letter so med requests dont get asked for .....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:17 am
Hello.

oicur0t is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

this is the current instruction for the 120 day deadline. I received notice of my application being passed to London on Saturday, so it states "Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates"

I am tempted to order extra copies of my birth certificate and exam results and send them, never to be returned. Sounds like it will be cheaper!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by oicur0t
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

I am tempted to order extra copies of my birth certificate and exam results and send them, never to be returned. Sounds like it will be cheaper!
You are supposed to send legal copies of birth and marriage certs (£7 each from registry office ... make sure the long ones with parents names on). It is illegal to photocopy these documents and a notary should refuse to notarise them. These legal copies don't need to be notarised as they are legal documents, not 'copies'.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:35 am
Hello.

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
You are supposed to send legal copies of birth and marriage certs (£7 each from registry office ... make sure the long ones with parents names on). It is illegal to photocopy these documents and a notary should refuse to notarise them. These legal copies don't need to be notarised as they are legal documents, not 'copies'.
that is interesting you say that as the instructions are vague in the checklist.

At the top it say "Do not send originals unless otherwise stated." It does not specifically say send original or copy of your birth certifcate in section 2. Likewise it does not say specifically either way about your qualifications.

For passport it says

Passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and
your dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing the passport
number, date of issue and expiry, your photo, name, date and place of birth.
You could say they want copies, but it is an oblique reference and not at all clear.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by oicur0t

"Include only copies of pages showing the passport
number, date of issue and expiry, your photo, name, date and place of birth."

You could say they want copies, but it is an oblique reference and not at all clear.
I don't understand what you mean by oblique reference. I think that sounds pretty explicit.

If you think it's unclear, you could send your original passport, but you probably won't get it back.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:06 am
Hello.

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
I don't understand what you mean by oblique reference. I think that sounds pretty explicit.

If you think it's unclear, you could send your original passport, but you probably won't get it back.
ok reread and it sounds fine, but the others don't ask for originals.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
I just wondered where you went to get copies of your birth certificates for £7 each because I've just looked on-line and see that the charges are from £16.50 - £25 EACH and these are from government approved private companies!

Someone else mentioned going to the registry office where they were issued, but I can't get to mine down in Cornwall.....what did everyone else do? ........and I wonder if I included an SAE whether CHC would send them back?? (Why do they need to keep them permanently?)
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
I just wondered where you went to get copies of your birth certificates for £7 each because I've just looked on-line and see that the charges are from £16.50 - £25 EACH and these are from government approved private companies!

Someone else mentioned going to the registry office where they were issued, but I can't get to mine down in Cornwall.....what did everyone else do? ........and I wonder if I included an SAE whether CHC would send them back?? (Why do they need to keep them permanently?)
This is the official Government website to use.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/or...rtificates.asp

Mark
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:45 pm
Hello.

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
This is the official Government website to use.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/or...rtificates.asp

Mark
Thanks for that. I too had only seen the more expensive copies.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)

Robin

I called Essex County Council registry and told them towns of birth and marriage and they gave me the addresses of the corresponding registry offices (three different ones). They told me to send cheqe for £7 each for long birth cert (£3.50 for short if required) and marriage cert made out to Essex County Council, together with SAE and covering letter giving certain details and dates. I posted last Friday (2nd class letter and SAE) and have already had two back. Newly made out legal certificates.

There are companies on the internet who will do this for you but you are wasting your money cos you don't need a middle man. I saw prices from £15 - £35 before I called council.

Last edited by singingringingtree; Mar 24th 2009 at 9:27 pm.
Old May 28th 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

andreip is an unknown quantity at this point

hy everyone

We need to notarize our documents for fsw and looking for a notary in london!can anyone recommend a place? For an employment contract all 10 pages need to be notarized?

thanx
Old May 31st 2009, 12:16 am
Just Joined

J2FCM is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if this has been answered before....

I am busily gathering docs in preparation for our FSW application. For two employers I simply have letters of job offers stating in one case a start date, and in the other a starting salary!? Both, however, refer me to copies of a "Staff Handbook" and "Employee Handbook" for other standard terms of employment; hours, holidays, etc., both long since mislaid or thrown out!

Do I need to obtain copies of these handbooks, and get all the pages in them notarized too? (One company has since gone into liquidation). Perhaps the offer letters, and a covering letter with an explanation would suffice? Any thoughts?

Rgds
J2FCM
Old May 31st 2009, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Hi

I just concentrated on getting as much as I could off my present company. My Boss told me to put down whatever I needed, I then gave it to him to check that it was true and one of the secretaries printed it out on letterheaded paper and he sigend it.

Off the last two companies they sent me a basic letter which stated I held what the position was from start date to end date. They did not state pay etc. In fact BP said that it was not their policy to state pay and benefits.

Therefore I suggest that you get as much as you can from your present employer - for the others get what you can but send in a cover letter stating the truth. The one in liquidation tell them about as there have been a lot hit the wall recently and I am sure they will do their checks.

Good Luck

JET