Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Aug 7th 2012, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

FROID is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by manitobain
I am not sure if there is a quota per class (yes, there is an overall PNP quota per province) ...especially not for the strategic stream, as specifically this stream seems to depend a lot on the power to be of politician (iceland initiative, ukrainian/russian...now ireland). Looks to me as if they capped the EV and favoring other initiatives...and the re-organization of the department might not have been the most efficient move?
Dear Manitobain
Does this issue affects me as I am travelling for my scheduled EV after 10 days, if they had reached the cap, that means chances of getting the Nomination letter has been dramatically decreased. Do suggest completing my EV after 10 days or it is better to postpone !!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FROID
Dear Manitobain
Does this issue affects me as I am travelling for my scheduled EV after 10 days, if they had reached the cap, that means chances of getting the Nomination letter has been dramatically decreased. Do suggest completing my EV after 10 days or it is better to postpone !!
I believe the "cap" means EV not nomination. They just initiated another recruitment mission in China. If the nomination cap has been reached they won't bother taking more applicants.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Manitobain
Hi Froid,

if your EV and your interview have already been arranged and confirmed, I would suggest not to postpone it unless you are asked by MPNP to do so.
All the best for your EV and enjoy the time!

Best regards
Conmar
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Dear Manitobain
if you are invited GO!! You are only getting an invite to apply to be nominated with your visit, you then have to go through the online application which can take between 3 and 6 months by now. So chances are that you will be nominated beginning of the new year anyway.

But as you have your invite, they will have you counted in somewhat already (or so I strongly hope)

@soulli82: the more you bug them, the slower they will get?? I am trying to find out...but I haven't been able to get through either last week. Will keep on trying and let you guys know once I know more.

Ilse
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

robertlowe855 is an unknown quantity at this point

good morning, It's been a month since I applied online and got the conf. email.
Did not get anything else from them since, I guess no news is good news...
Old Aug 7th 2012, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

soulli82 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are invited GO!! You are only getting an invite to apply to be nominated with your visit, you then have to go through the online application which can take between 3 and 6 months by now. So chances are that you will be nominated beginning of the new year anyway.

But as you have your invite, they will have you counted in somewhat already (or so I strongly hope)

@soulli82: the more you bug them, the slower they will get?? I am trying to find out...but I haven't been able to get through either last week. Will keep on trying and let you guys know once I know more.

Ilse
Thanks manitobain.

soulli,
Old Aug 7th 2012, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

here is what I know by now:
EV requests: should only be made for 2013 beginning of January, it won't be looked at in 2012 but I got assured that it will continue in 2013.
EV requests granted: business as usual, make sure you get your visit done in 2012 to give more ppl a chance in 2013.
EV requests received by PNP and being looked at: no clear answer...it will be up to higher management to decide on those. I got the feeling, that as long as management doesn't decide how to proceed, they are kinda hanging in the air. Once scenario could be to allow visit for early 2013.

Generally: due to high demand in PNP and lot of applications (in all streams), one officer got pretty much pulled off the strategic stream to help with assessing applications. So for now it is only Markus and an administration help...both of them having other duties as well.
I sure hope they have a better plan for 2013!

Nothing really clear for those waiting...sorry..but best I could achieve. Funds don't seem to allow for hiring additional officers...I dared to suggest that.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

add-on: above explanation is for exploratory visit requests only.

PNP application processing itself is going ahead as usual to make sure they fill up their quota.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

hurricane74 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Manitobain, in terms of the recruitment event, will they processing application at the event? I sent my certificates, ITELS and CV with my request, will they be aware of my request and details?

Thanks
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

FROID is an unknown quantity at this point

PNP application processing itself is going ahead as usual to make sure they fill up their quota.
Dear friends
Thanks a lot for ur support and wishes.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hurricane74
thanks Manitobain, in terms of the recruitment event, will they processing application at the event? I sent my certificates, ITELS and CV with my request, will they be aware of my request and details?

Thanks
the recruitment event in Ireland is employer based. They try at the moment to get employers to apply for LMO's, so the idea is for you to show up at the event with your CV and references and such and talk to the employer directly. If you can impress the employer enough, he will give you a job offer and with it hopefully an LMO. You then would apply for a WP (unless you are from a country needing a TRV, you can do that directly at Port of Entry when arriving). There is no PNP at that stage, but after 6 months of working you can then apply for the employer direct stream of the PNP. So in these terms it could be a very fast decision you would have to make...but it only gives you a temporary work permit and a good outlook for PNP later on.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Hi Manitobain,

Hope you are doing well, been a long time since I posted, have been awfully busy at office.

Just wanted to ask you if there is any way to find out which month's online aplications are being processed currently. Any information would be really helpful , it extends the patience threshold by at-least a month

Thanks
Travel
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

maple44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Manitobain for the information about the perspectives of processing of our applications. We hope that the EV could be programmed later for this year, or at least for the first months of 2013. The good new is that the MPNP program has not been stopped for a longer time, like the FSW.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

hurricane74 is an unknown quantity at this point

the recruitment event in Ireland is employer based. They try at the moment to get employers to apply for LMO's, so the idea is for you to show up at the event with your CV and references and such and talk to the employer directly. If you can impress the employer enough, he will give you a job offer and with it hopefully an LMO. You then would apply for a WP (unless you are from a country needing a TRV, you can do that directly at Port of Entry when arriving). There is no PNP at that stage, but after 6 months of working you can then apply for the employer direct stream of the PNP. So in these terms it could be a very fast decision you would have to make...but it only gives you a temporary work permit and a good outlook for PNP later on.
Many thanks for this Manitobain (as always), I've sorted my ticket and flight.
I'll do my researching into WP.

Thanks

again
Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by travel
Hi Manitobain,

Hope you are doing well, been a long time since I posted, have been awfully busy at office.

Just wanted to ask you if there is any way to find out which month's online aplications are being processed currently. Any information would be really helpful , it extends the patience threshold by at-least a month

Thanks
Travel
hey! sounds like your are working 18 hrs now? ...
I can see if I can sneak that question in....

Last time I asked, I got told 4-6 months time..lol..this might be another angle to ask about it, so I will try. Otherwise I'd go by: expect 6 month at least and do a lil dance if it goes faster?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.