Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by travel
Just wanted to share this news. I finally got the invite . It took almost 3 months. Now begins the preparation for the visit. I have a question about applying for a temporary VISA for my travel.

Can I mention about being invited to MB to do an EV in my VISA application. Any folks here who have already gone through this process could please guide me. Is it okay to attach a print of the email that confirms that I have been granted permission to visit and get interviewed by the MPNP.

Otherwise what purpose should I mention for my travel request.

Your inputs will be very helpful.
@travel -

yup. attach a photocopy of the email received from Manitoba authorities, attach a print out of EV from Manitoba Immigration website, and write an introduction letter specifying your purpose of visit - clearly mentioning the approved visit from Manitoba Immigration & Labour department.

Also, get an approval from the officer, who granted you EV visit approval, to use their official contact information on the TRV form. The Manitoba Immigration officers are very helpful & cordial in this regard.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manitobain
All:
I would like to forward the info I got this morning from Sarah:
The changes to the MB Program starting with April 2013 will only affect the settlement services and English language classes (sigh..hence now I might need to worry about my funding for next year, as I don't think Ottawa has a clue about rural MB)
BUT it has nothing to do with the Provincial Nominee Program itself as this is funded by the Province!!

There is no changes of the PNP in the making that Sarah knows of ..so think that's good news!

cheers
Ilse
Hi Ilse and Everyone else...

This is partially a great relief. Atleast the immigration programs are not hampered. I do wish the funding issues get resolved. The officers still have a year to find alternative funding routes and build the plans.

Now, just praying that the online PNP application system is fixed from its technical problems / difficulties soon.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
@travel -

yup. attach a photocopy of the email received from Manitoba authorities, attach a print out of EV from Manitoba Immigration website, and write an introduction letter specifying your purpose of visit - clearly mentioning the approved visit from Manitoba Immigration & Labour department.

Also, get an approval from the officer, who granted you EV visit approval, to use their official contact information on the TRV form. The Manitoba Immigration officers are very helpful & cordial in this regard.
Thanks lovely_clouds,

I did exactly what you mentioned. I got an approval from the officer who gave me the permission. The officer has sent me an email confirming that I can attach a printout of his email along-with my VISA application. BTW which VISA office did you apply at and in how many days did you get a response ?

Here is what I am attaching with my VISA application.

1. Completed VISA Form
2. Completed Family Information Form
3. Copy of appointment letter from my employer
4. Copy of last 6 pay slips
6. Bank statement of last 6 months.
7. Photographs
8. Passport
9. Printout of email from MPNP officer granting me permission to visit.
10. Printout of email from MPNP officer confirming that I can use their contact details and attach a printout of their email along with my VISA application.

However I do have a few more questions regarding the VISA. It will be great is forum members can help me these.

1. Do I need to book / block airline tickets and attach that with my VISA application. Is this a requirement. It will be great if you can tell me how you managed this. Did you book tickets or alternatively attach an itinerary with the application.

2. Did you book / block any hotel or accommodation and attach printouts of the same with the VISA application.

3. Did you also submit any proof related to Leave Application from your work place during this time. Is this also a requirement for applying for the VISA.

4. The VISA form is a 5 page document including the barcodes that get generated. When taking a printout should this be done as two-sided printing or single side prints.

Thanks
Travel
Old Apr 20th 2012, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks lovely_clouds,

I did exactly what you mentioned. I got an approval from the officer who gave me the permission. The officer has sent me an email confirming that I can attach a printout of his email along-with my VISA application. BTW which VISA office did you apply at and in how many days did you get a response ?

Here is what I am attaching with my VISA application.

1. Completed VISA Form
2. Completed Family Information Form
3. Copy of appointment letter from my employer
4. Copy of last 6 pay slips
6. Bank statement of last 6 months.
7. Photographs
8. Passport
9. Printout of email from MPNP officer granting me permission to visit.
10. Printout of email from MPNP officer confirming that I can use their contact details and attach a printout of their email along with my VISA application.

However I do have a few more questions regarding the VISA. It will be great is forum members can help me these.

1. Do I need to book / block airline tickets and attach that with my VISA application. Is this a requirement. It will be great if you can tell me how you managed this. Did you book tickets or alternatively attach an itinerary with the application.

2. Did you book / block any hotel or accommodation and attach printouts of the same with the VISA application.

3. Did you also submit any proof related to Leave Application from your work place during this time. Is this also a requirement for applying for the VISA.

4. The VISA form is a 5 page document including the barcodes that get generated. When taking a printout should this be done as two-sided printing or single side prints.

Thanks
Travel
Hi there,

The Visa office we visited was at Nehru Place. We got our visa within 3 business days. They also have real time tracking on website; and they also update by sending SMS's. Pretty decent service.

Among all those docs, if you can also attach a letter from employer that you are currently employed with him and that he is aware about your leave with travel to Canada and that he is ok about it.... and that you will join job after the vacation is over.
This letter is the final document that visa officers check in case of travel visa. It gives them a surety that you are going only for a short visit only.

1. Flight tickets : yes
2. Hotel / Itinerary : yes
3. Leave letter : Ideal to attach, like i explained above.
4. Single side prints, and 2 copies of the barcode page.

Well, that's what we did.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

@travel -

you can also attach the Travel Insurance copy as part of travel itinerary.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

@travel -

you can also attach the Travel Insurance copy as part of travel itinerary.
@lovely_clouds: Did you actually book an airline ticket even before you got the VISA? Or did you just block it, can you please guide me on how to proceed on this.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

@lovely_clouds: Did you actually book an airline ticket even before you got the VISA? Or did you just block it, can you please guide me on how to proceed on this.
You can consult your travel agent for the best practice on this one.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, nice to be back at the forum. So much has happened since my last update and want to say a big thank you for all the well wishes concerning my invitation to apply letter after my EV trip. I have been working on filing my online application which I just completed some few hours ago

Got an acknowledgement immediately with a note that I will get a file number within 48 hours (Tuesday hopefully if there are no technical issues and pray there wouldn't by God's grace).

Was that your experience lovely_clouds, New_Start, etc?

@NostalgiaLava: How far with your application? Hope you are on track on submitting it online. All the best.

@lovely_clouds: nice to have you back and hope your nomination comes out quickly since it is expected between 2-3 months and you have already marked 2 months waiting.

@travel: all what lovely_clouds mentioned is just fine to go with your application. On the airline booking you need to work with your travel agent. What I did was to book for a flight with an option to change it if need be and my travel agent got something like that for me. Talk to a travel agent they know what to work out something for you.

Regards.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Brian C is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks to Lovely for your detail and informative supports
Best wishes for your application
Brian
Old Apr 21st 2012, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dammy
Hello all, nice to be back at the forum. So much has happened since my last update and want to say a big thank you for all the well wishes concerning my invitation to apply letter after my EV trip. I have been working on filing my online application which I just completed some few hours ago

Got an acknowledgement immediately with a note that I will get a file number within 48 hours (Tuesday hopefully if there are no technical issues and pray there wouldn't by God's grace).

Was that your experience lovely_clouds, New_Start, etc?

@NostalgiaLava: How far with your application? Hope you are on track on submitting it online. All the best.

@lovely_clouds: nice to have you back and hope your nomination comes out quickly since it is expected between 2-3 months and you have already marked 2 months waiting.

@travel: all what lovely_clouds mentioned is just fine to go with your application. On the airline booking you need to work with your travel agent. What I did was to book for a flight with an option to change it if need be and my travel agent got something like that for me. Talk to a travel agent they know what to work out something for you.

Regards.
Hey @Dammy.

congrats on your very successful EV trip; and all the best for your application.

We are just waiting on our application result now. With each day passing, our eagerness simply increases and we await the bell of postman to bring in the letter. he he he

Dammy, we are about the complete the website of B&B. Would you mind paying it a visit and let me know if some content needs to be updated. Also, would you like to write a testimonial to be showcased on the website?
Old Apr 21st 2012, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brian C
Many thanks to Lovely for your detail and informative supports
Best wishes for your application
Brian
Thanks Brian
Old Apr 21st 2012, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey @Dammy.

congrats on your very successful EV trip; and all the best for your application.

We are just waiting on our application result now. With each day passing, our eagerness simply increases and we await the bell of postman to bring in the letter. he he he

Dammy, we are about the complete the website of B&B. Would you mind paying it a visit and let me know if some content needs to be updated. Also, would you like to write a testimonial to be showcased on the website?
@lovely_clouds: thanks for yor wishes and do hope sooner than later your nomination letter will definitely come in. On the website project, it will be an honor to do a testimonial for Francis and Anya. They were two wonderful people to associate with and they spoke highly about you and your hubby. Am looking forward to getting the link to the to the website

Dammy
Old Apr 21st 2012, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dammy
@lovely_clouds: thanks for yor wishes and do hope sooner than later your nomination letter will definitely come in. On the website project, it will be an honor to do a testimonial for Francis and Anya. They were two wonderful people to associate with and they spoke highly about you and your hubby. Am looking forward to getting the link to the to the website

Dammy
Hi dammy.... pls check your pm.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi dammy.... pls check your pm.
Okay will do that right away.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

You can consult your travel agent for the best practice on this one.
Thanks a lot Lovely_Clouds,

Was busy with my IELTS and could not reply earlier. As always thanks a lot for your all your help and guidance. Will keep the forum updated as I proceed.

Right now booking accommodation and flights and tomorrow I apply for my visitor VISA.

Cheers
Travel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.