Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Apr 14th 2012, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hey Manitobian,

I would like to thank you for your restless efforts to help and support people around. I hope you are in great health these days after the strong flu you cached.

Do you know any information about the "120 Days" waiting period instead of usual "60 days" for EV invitation?

Thanks,
Mostafa
Old Apr 14th 2012, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

H Mostafa! Yes am restored

Think the 120 days versus 60 are purely prevention measurements from pnp. They have higher volumes these days, so don't want to run the risk of promising something they can't keep. So, it might not be within 60 days but I can't see them taking 120 days
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:23 am
Just Joined

mtbiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

I also got their response, standard questionaire and the "within 120 days" waiting period.

Praying & hoping that we could get the result soon.

Thanks for the encouragement Ms. Ilse. Cheers!
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Dear fellow members,

Hello to all of you. We had been traveling lately with very limited to no internet connectivity.

@dammy, @nostalgiaLava : Congrats to both of you in getting the invitation to PNP from the interview. You both posted the update simultaneously - did you both got interviewed same day?
Kudos to you; and all the best for the PNP online application now.

@new_start : we got our file number within 24 hours of applying online. Did you check your spam mail folder? When we login for our online PNP application now, we only see option to modify our details; and that file is already in process. Do you also get the same options on login?

@ra_Xor : During our visit, we took rented car from Enterprise-rent-a-car for the entire duration. We did carry our international driving license along. But, they could give car rental to us with our country license itself. I will recommend to carry an international license to avoid any problems when you are there in Manitoba.
Frankly, I am not sure what the law states. Other people on forum may be able to suggest better.

@JaySuper : I believe "Proof of Income" per se is not required. But, they are more interested in knowing about the employment history of principal applicant as well as secondary applicant - along with all employment certificates (which usually contains the salary info as well), and they also want to know about your assets & liabilities... to ensure you have the funding required for settlement in Manitoba if you are selected. And yes, you must carry the originals or notary attested photocopies for all the documents as they review them during the interview.

Re: the timeline, @manitobian had recently done a post on this thread about timeline from PNP to PR. You can check that out to get some idea.

@milano97 : Hope you are prepared for the EV.

Cheers to all

@ lovely_clouds: nostalgiaLava and I had the interview the same day. Funny enough she went in before me and we are happy got.

Cheers.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manitobain
H Mostafa! Yes am restored

Think the 120 days versus 60 are purely prevention measurements from pnp. They have higher volumes these days, so don't want to run the risk of promising something they can't keep. So, it might not be within 60 days but I can't see them taking 120 days
Thanks to GOD.

So, I didn't got the standard questionaire email !!! i just got the standard 60 days waiting email.

Is this any kind of bad or good sign?

Mostafa
Old Apr 15th 2012, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Milano97 is an unknown quantity at this point

@dammy, @nostalgiaLava Congratssssss guys
@ lovely_clouds: Thankss

Cheers
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

maple44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to Dammy and NostalgiaLava for your interviews !!!

I sent my first e-mail last Thursday with 6 attached documents (total size:
approx 6.0 MB). I still didn't receive any reply, hope it will take some days.
Maybe I should reduce the size of attachments.

Have a nice week with advances in the process for all!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 12:46 am
Just Joined

mtbiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi maple44, I think you should consider sending them another email with a bit smaller attachment size.

I have sent them thrice since they failed to receive the attachment due to big file size (11mb & 5mb). I tried to trim down the size or resolution of the scanned documents (enough to make it readable) leaving me with a compressed 2mb size. I kept the original size of our resume though.

@Ra_Xor, the standard questionnaire only includes basic inquiries like why do you want to migrate to MB, etc.

Surely your 60 days is better than our 120 days waiting period. it is understandable on our part why they gave us “within 4 waiting months” as they mustve been receiving tons of applications daily.

If God permits, we all would get the result sooner than what they’ve specified.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dammy
@ lovely_clouds: nostalgiaLava and I had the interview the same day. Funny enough she went in before me and we are happy got.

Cheers.
Congratulations!

And for my online application I got this email: With regards to your recently submitted Manitoba Provincial Nominee Online Application (MPNP) please be advised; due to technical difficulties of the MPNP online application system, your application file number has not been generated and sent to you. Please be assured we are working to resolve this issue, and your data remains secure until such time that it has been migrated to our servers.

So it happens. I'm waiting for my file number.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hello Ilse,

Good to see you back in action. I hope you have recovered completely and are in good health

I was reading the news link posted by @Former_Lancastrian.
Whats your take on it? Whats the buzz in Manitoba?
Is your municipality / department also impacted with the budget cuts?

For Ilse and all the senior members & Canadians on the Forum:
We are not able to understand some aspects related to the news. Will be great if you can share your thoughts, knowledge and news about them:-

1) The news did say that Federal Citizenship & Immigration Department will relocate their office. Is the Notre Dame Ave office (in Winnipeg) managed by Federal or by Manitoba Govt?

2) News also talks about the administering the program will be controlled by Federal. Is Minister Kenney talking about the post PR settlement services, or is he also including the PNP programs, features & applicants screening + evaluation as well?
I refer to following para from the news:-
Newcomers in both provinces will continue to receive access to language training and other settlement services they need to successfully integrate into Canada’s economy

3) If federal govt wants to bring everything under same administration & bring the programs in-line with all provinces, how are they going to justify the PNP streams like "Strategic Initiative" which do not exist in any other province at all. Can these changes mean an end to Strategic Initiative?
Each province has it's own format of PNP program as needed by their provinces. That's what PNP is all about. How can Minister Jason Kenney bring all those different programs to same platform?

4) Whats the likely impact of public job-cuts in Manitoba? I did see a news from CBC mentioning 1600 (approx) job cuts at Federal level in Ottawa.

5) I read a comment from "Me Talking" on this news page, where he mentioned the lines from Minister Kenney's speech - "if the Premier doesn't have the money to put into the program, the federal government will take the program away and it is our money and Manitoba has nothing to complain about it."
If this statement is true -
(1) It is really insulting and unacceptable from someone of Minister's cadre. He should try to be a role-model finding solutions to problems rather than be a bully.
(2) Where does the funding come for PNP programs of other provinces?

6) Finally, is this still a planned item (can change) or is it "a done deal" (can not change - to be implemented)?

I am still trying to read more about the topic. Will share & discuss more as I find more.
To my understanding, the takeover will finally affect immigrants after they successfully moved to MB (settlement support), but won't impact those who are in process of PNP?
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:42 am
Just Joined

maple44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot mtbiker !! I will print and re-scan again the docs at a lower resolution, since I couldn't do this directly in my graph processing software.
Hope have this finished today and e-mail them again the information.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

where2now will become famous soon enough

Hi all

I've emailed a request for an exploritory visit to the Pembina Valley area on the 5th of April and haven't had an acknowledgement or response of any kind so far. Just wondering whether this is normal or should I email again, I only attached my resume so not too a large file

Comments / advice welcome thanks
Old Apr 16th 2012, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Brian C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
For the EV purpose, how long can we apply for TRV (1 year / multiple entry visa possible?)
Brian
Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

All:
I would like to forward the info I got this morning from Sarah:
The changes to the MB Program starting with April 2013 will only affect the settlement services and English language classes (sigh..hence now I might need to worry about my funding for next year, as I don't think Ottawa has a clue about rural MB)
BUT it has nothing to do with the Provincial Nominee Program itself as this is funded by the Province!!

There is no changes of the PNP in the making that Sarah knows of ..so think that's good news!

cheers
Ilse
Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

@ Brian: you can try for a multi-entry visa...but might only get a single-entry only...as you purpose is really only a one time visit as for now?
Those visa's totally depending on the country you are applying from...some reputations of citizens are better than others.

@where2now: it's probably NOT totally normal..but give them a week longer. There has been big confusion with changes announced through CIC, so they might have been temporarly distracted from answering emails . Also their "technical difficulty" in the online application sure didn't help...so give them a bit slack?

Ilse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.