British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

Dammy May 24th 2012 7:35 am

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by New_Start (Post 10079157)
:):)

@Travel: New Start has answered your questions and there is nothing more to add. With all the explanation and response by New Start you are good to go for the EV if you are granted today. So book your ticket and hotel reservation and fly to Manitoba:D:thumbsup:

travel May 24th 2012 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dammy (Post 10079224)
@Travel: New Start has answered your questions and there is nothing more to add. With all the explanation and response by New Start you are good to go for the EV if you are granted today. So book your ticket and hotel reservation and fly to Manitoba:D:thumbsup:

Thanks Dammy, this is a great help.

I have another question though. Did you folks rent a car while in Winnipeg and did you take the LDW (Loss Damage Waiver) option with it.

I am looking forward to taking a car on rent but not sure whether it makes sense to take the LDW with it or not.

@New Start, @Lovely_Clouds: Please advise, also advise on a car rental company.

lovely_clouds May 24th 2012 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10079624)

I have another question though. Did you folks rent a car while in Winnipeg and did you take the LDW (Loss Damage Waiver) option with it.

I am looking forward to taking a car on rent but not sure whether it makes sense to take the LDW with it or not.

@travel... we didn't take any such waiver. We opted for only the basic expenses. Petrol also - we didnt opt for any extra. While returning car, we made sure to leave more petrol than what they gave us with car.

People driving on winnipeg roads have been much more friendly than you can ever ever find on any Indian highway or city road.

travel May 24th 2012 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10079635)
@travel... we didn't take any such waiver. We opted for only the basic expenses. Petrol also - we didnt opt for any extra. While returning car, we made sure to leave more petrol than what they gave us with car.

People driving on winnipeg roads have been much more friendly than you can ever ever find on any Indian highway or city road.

Thanks Lovely_Clouds,

Which rental agency did you get the car from and how much did it cost you. I might take the car from them as well.

lovely_clouds May 24th 2012 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10079095)
Thanks New_Start,

I am the sole earning member in my family. Although we do have one joint bank account and even our house is on both of our names.

If I combine the balance in both our account then we exceed the required funds by a large amount for every single day in the last 3 months. My only concern is that what if they want that the required funds should be in the account for every single day in the last 6 months. I hope I am wrong since I dont remember reading that the required funds should be present in your account continuously for a period of 6 months.

@Manitobain: Please advise on this.

@Lovely_Clouds: What is your opinion on this.

Do we need to have the required funds to be in our account for a continuous period of last 6 months ?

Hello @travel,

I believe your wife is also an application in your PNP application.. correct?
You can show balances across all bank accounts of you & your wife. So far you have a steady income in your bank account and you maintain a steady balance (sometimes going up, sometimes going down)... I dont think it should be much of a problem.
But again, the big question is .. what is the degree of fluctuation in account balances on month-on-month basis. You shall have an explanation ready, in case an immigration officer asks during interview.

If you have some other forms of deposits like - mutual funds, company FD's, ULIPs etc; you can show there balances as well towards your funding worth.

Moreover, like New_Start said : during the interview, the officers will not calculate the worth exact and also may not have time to look at a detailed background history.

lovely_clouds May 24th 2012 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10079025)
Had a couple of questions , especially to people who have completed their EV.

I am preparing the document set that I need to take along and just wanted to check if it is necessary to take along a property evaluation certificate too. I have the necessary cash funds as per the requirements so I was wondering if the property evaluation certificate would be required or not.

Rest of the documents that I plan to take along for both me and my wife are as follows. Please let me know if I am missing anything.

1. Birth Certificates
2. Educational Certificates (High School, Senior Secondary and Graduation)
3. Passport for self and photocopy of passport for wife and kid
4. Vocational Certificates for courses and exams done by me
5. IELTS Certificate
6. Bank Statements for last 6 months
8. Complete Work History for last 17 years with Appointment, Resignation, Experience letters from each employer.
9. Couple of reference letters that I requested recently from my past managers.

Do let me know if I am missing anything or should be taking along something else as well.

These documents shall be more than enough. Other thing I can think of is:-
1) May be some form of proof of property value; and loan (if any) on the property.
2) Just look at the net worth aspect and also carry any current valuation of MF's, ULIP's or any other deposits as well (if any). these can be in your name or in your wife's name.
3) Marriage Certificate (if available)

Dammy May 24th 2012 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10079624)

Did not rent a car since I only needed just one bus from where I stayed to downtown Winnipeg and coupled with the fact that I was the only one on the visit and not with my spouse. Most of my visits revolve around downtown and since I wanted to experience the public transport system. Please note that if you have to make trips to downtown you have to make provision for parking fees.

travel May 24th 2012 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10079660)
These documents shall be more than enough. Other thing I can think of is:-
1) May be some form of proof of property value; and loan (if any) on the property.
2) Just look at the net worth aspect and also carry any current valuation of MF's, ULIP's or any other deposits as well (if any). these can be in your name or in your wife's name.
3) Marriage Certificate (if available)

Thanks Lovely_Clouds,

Will carry these additionally as well. You are a great help as always. Do let me know from where and for how much did you get your car rental.

manitobain May 24th 2012 5:37 pm

:) nothing to add from my side, New_Start is the new pro ;))

...nevermind lovely_clouds :)

and yes, parking fees in downtown Wpg are rather annoying (for someone used to free parking in rural). lol I managed to get lost twice yesterday in Wpg...and happy to be out of it again...(but that's just me and my aversion against cities)

ra_XOr May 24th 2012 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10073029)
ahh..no.. getting a loan would only give the proof of "liquid" funds, it would not change the situation otherwise. As you said, you will then need to show the loan as debt and therefor you need to prove your assets as well.

;) good try though...

I found a way to officially evaluate my appt and will get an English copy as well. :)

So, do i have to ask them for a specific statement in the evaluation report? Is it better to state the evaluation amount in Canadian $ ??

Again, do i have to get the full fund in liquid or the evaluation will be enough? It worth about 73,000 $ and i maintain about 6,000 $ cash currently in my and my spouse accounts.

:(:( I start to feel that i don't meet the needed criteria.

Mostafa

nordex May 24th 2012 8:51 pm

Hey Everyone,
When I joined this forum (because of this topic) I was impressed by the fact that everyone want to give unselfish help to another, so I was thinking that I can contribute too, but as I read this topic I can see that everything that I'm facing, somebody has faced too. So I'm just looking and reading.

But, as Markus replied me and approved my exploratory visit I am in doubt with one thing. It may sound like a stupid question, and I think no one has asked this before.
What is the best time for exploratory visit?

I'm asking this because I may want to make my trip to Winnipeg in mid July. I know that summer is generally time for vacations, and I'm wondering if my chances of finding job decreases in vacation months or increases because so many people are on their vacations and potential employer can better see that he need more workers.
Also I know that flight tickets are more expensive in vacation months and can be up to 30% lower in August. So what do you experienced "explorers" think?

Dammy May 24th 2012 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by nordex (Post 10080283)
Hey Everyone,
When I joined this forum (because of this topic) I was impressed by the fact that everyone want to give unselfish help to another, so I was thinking that I can contribute too, but as I read this topic I can see that everything that I'm facing, somebody has faced too. So I'm just looking and reading.

But, as Markus replied me and approved my exploratory visit I am in doubt with one thing. It may sound like a stupid question, and I think no one has asked this before.
What is the best time for exploratory visit?

I'm asking this because I may want to make my trip to Winnipeg in mid July. I know that summer is generally time for vacations, and I'm wondering if my chances of finding job decreases in vacation months or increases because so many people are on their vacations and potential employer can better see that he need more workers.
Also I know that flight tickets are more expensive in vacation months and can be up to 30% lower in August. So what do you experienced "explorers" think?

When was your EV approved?, this will help others waiting for their own EV to have an idea of when theirs will likely come.

My understanding is that there is no specific time of the year for EV, as long as you have shared your visiting period with Markus and has approved and agreed your interview date.

I believe if you have interviews scheduled for the period you are considering and do all your bookings (airline and hotel) early enough, you can still make a success out of your trip but the call is yours as to the time you prefer.

Regards.

manitobain May 25th 2012 1:44 am

nordex: as long as you can get some job interviews under your belt, the time doesn't play that big of a role.
Depends maybe if your kind of job has a "season" or if it is all the same year round?
Also, do you have kids and need/want to visit schools and such? In that case you would want to wait until Sept, when schools starts again ..and flights get cheaper.

And ..more important, fix a date with Markus first before you book your flight, as he might as well have a period of vacation planned?

Raxor:I think you will be good, if you can show both, they will know that worse case scenario you could take a loan on your appt. in a hurry, if need be.

New_Start May 25th 2012 3:04 am

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10080006)
:) nothing to add from my side, New_Start is the new pro ;)) happy to be helpful;););)

...nevermind lovely_clouds :)

and yes, parking fees in downtown Wpg are rather annoying (for someone used to free parking in rural). lol I managed to get lost twice yesterday in Wpg...and happy to be out of it again...(but that's just me and my aversion against cities)

If the officers go to Russia this June, it means I have to wait much longer to get my LOA?! :(:(:(

travel May 25th 2012 7:55 am

In my opinion during an EV the most crucial part is to be able to show your employability.

For people who have already done their EV how did you folks manage this successfully. Did you actually appear for job interviews? Did you meet with recruitment agencies and discuss your case with them? Did you actually walk in directly to offices of companies in your field of work?

Also how many such meetings / interviews should one have at a minimum to be able to convince the officers of your employability.

Till now I have been able to manage two confirmed meetings with recruitment agencies and a meeting with a senior level professional in a reputed organisation working in Winnipeg. Somehow I have this feeling that these may not be enough. Please let me know your thoughts and feedback.