British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

Dammy May 17th 2012 3:57 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Daquinex (Post 10063022)
Hi All! I am interested in the MPNP, I have been following this thread all day and i must say a big thank you for your time. I am confused where or how to start as this will be a life changing move for me and i really need it. Please kindly advise of what to include in the initial email. A sample will be good if you can share. Can i email markus directly??? Could anyone introduce me to him??? I am really anxious and need your help to successfully make my request. Hope to hear from you soon. You can reach out to me at [email protected]. Thank you.
Manitobain, Dammy, New_start, love_Clouds and NostalgiaLava you are the best! Many thanks! Is dammy Nigerian???

Proudly Nigerian.

Dammy May 17th 2012 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by New_Start (Post 10065654)
You need to attach every documents to prove that you are qualified as required. For example, if you want to prove that you have completed a minimum one year post-secondary education you need to attach education certificate; if you want to prove your language ability you can attach your IELTS score. Other evidence like reference letter, bank statement are also helpful. Actually the officers will email you if you miss something.

Originally Posted by Daquinex (Post 10065409)
Thank you mostafa, that was really kind. I have been working on my email and i have been a ble to put it together. Do i just atach my resume??? What else do i need to attach to it??? Do i need to attach my degree award certificate and transcript??? :unsure::unsure:

Really don't know what is obtainable now but when I applied for approval of exploratory visit, I only attached a detailed resume of mine and my IELTS result. With the issue of maximum allowable file size that can be attached (4MB or thereabout) am a bit concerned advising you to attach transcripts, certificate, bank statements, etc.

Sending my resume and test of English language result worked for me but cannot guarantee if it will work for you.

Regards.

manitobain May 17th 2012 6:01 pm

lol.. wow.. lots of action, I have trouble following ;)

Daquinex:
yes, in your letter to need to tell about your family and detail your partners education and experience. This is important.

Attach your resume and if you have IELTS, you do not need to attach proof of all education/experience in the letter. Bring it along with you for the visit and you will need to attach the proof later -after the visit- with your online application. Big emails don't arrive...and I have been told that they don't have the time at that moment to read everything in details, they look at the details in the resume (so make sure you do this detailed enough)

employment history (someone asked this): you need to list in your application the history of the last 10 years (that's practicing it for the PR application, you will need it there as well) BUT you only need references for 5 years.

senior secondary degree: as said before, explain in a letter and attach instead of diploma. As she did further education, is there somewhere registration requirements for the follow up education (..saying that she need to have sec. diploma to be admitted ..that could help)

@lovely_cloud: don't give up, it will come :)

did I miss a question? hope not..
sunshine here today...and long weekend ahead of us (with announced clouds and rain)

cheers Ilse

lovely_clouds May 17th 2012 6:07 pm

YIPPY YIPPY YIPPY

Got it...... Finally finally finally

Ilse, Dammy, NostalgiaLava, Froid, mostafa, Leslie, travel...& every one else:

We are so happy. We got our letter of approval today. Were out of home on work for whole day. Came back home just 5 mins back, & saw the letter in todays mail

It was posted from MB on 3May.

Thank you for your support constantly. Will updatte more tomorrow :)

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10067308)

Daquinex:
yes, in your letter to need to tell about your family and detail your partners education and experience. This is important.

Attach your resume and if you have IELTS, you do not need to attach proof of all education/experience in the letter. Bring it along with you for the visit and you will need to attach the proof later -after the visit- with your online application. Big emails don't arrive...and I have been told that they don't have the time at that moment to read everything in details, they look at the details in the resume (so make sure you do this detailed enough)

employment history (someone asked this): you need to list in your application the history of the last 10 years (that's practicing it for the PR application, you will need it there as well) BUT you only need references for 5 years.

senior secondary degree: as said before, explain in a letter and attach instead of diploma. As she did further education, is there somewhere registration requirements for the follow up education (..saying that she need to have sec. diploma to be admitted ..that could help)

sunshine here today...and long weekend ahead of us (with announced clouds and rain)

cheers Ilse

lovely_clouds May 17th 2012 6:21 pm

@manitobian :
You are our lucky star . You replied today, & we got our LOA. Thank you so much. & Keep in touch always :) :starsmile:

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10067308)

Daquinex:

cheers Ilse

Dammy May 17th 2012 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10067324)
YIPPY YIPPY YIPPY

We are so happy. We got our letter of approval today. Were out of home on work for whole day. Came back home just 5 mins back, & saw the letter in todays mail

Thank you God for lovely_cloud. From the date it was posted it looks like it took two weeks (14 days) to arrive at your location. This weekend would have made it exactly 3 months since you applied.

Really happy for you and wish you well as you take the next step.

God answer mine quickly and put smile :D:D on my face just as you have done for other by way of LOA.

manitobain May 17th 2012 6:51 pm

woohoo lovely_clouds!! so happy for you! Another big step forward!

Looking forward to see you in the summer :)

Ilse

Milano97 May 17th 2012 8:07 pm

YIPPY YIPPY YIPPY

@Lovely Clouds- Tons of Congratulationsssssssssssssssssssss. Great news. Cheers !!!

Milano97 May 17th 2012 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10067346)
@manitobian :
You are our lucky star . You replied today, & we got our LOA. Thank you so much. & Keep in touch always :) :starsmile:

@Lovely Clouds- Does your LOA tells you about the Canadian Embassy which will process your PR visa ? Is it embassy in New Delhi ?

For me (when applicable)- As per country of citizenship it should be New Delhi..However , as per place of residence it can be Rome or Paris.

Violets are blue May 17th 2012 10:47 pm

Hi Lovely_clouds, huge congratulations :thumbsup: :eek:, Im so pleased for you. It was beginning to feel like it was taking a long time coming. Great news, get on to the next part now as this also takes a while :fingerscrossed:.

Daquinex May 18th 2012 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Dammy (Post 10067107)
Really don't know what is obtainable now but when I applied for approval of exploratory visit, I only attached a detailed resume of mine and my IELTS result. With the issue of maximum allowable file size that can be attached (4MB or thereabout) am a bit concerned advising you to attach transcripts, certificate, bank statements, etc.

Sending my resume and test of English language result worked for me but cannot guarantee if it will work for you.

Regards.

Good to know, i am Nigerian too. Thanks for the reply.

Daquinex May 18th 2012 12:38 am

Lovely-clouds congratulations, the good news has brought me a big smile today. I like good news, wishing every1 best of luck in their mpnp journey! Keep us updated when you can.

forourfuture May 18th 2012 1:55 am

YIPPY YIPPY YIPPY

Congratulations on your LOA! Hope you get your next steps soonest.

@Manitobain: Thanks for your support to us so far...

New_Start May 18th 2012 2:11 am

YIPPY YIPPY YIPPY

:rofl::rofl::rofl: so happy for you! waiting for mine :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

travel May 18th 2012 3:45 am

YIPPY YIPPY YIPPY

Big Big Congratulations to you. This is great news. Wish you all the best always. Do keep us posted on how things go from here.

I am sure you will be in Winnipeg sooner than later :)