British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

e4ma May 16th 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Thank you Dammy for your swift response.:):):):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:: thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup

Well as regards letter from my employer,i just started working with a new employer in March this year and as such am stalk as regards Leave advice...

What do i know?

Meanwhile,apart from jobbank,how else may i contact list of employers for unscheduled interview during exploratory visit.

I would not like to live in the coolest Manitoba,who will advice me of the best city to explore?

I have four children Aged 10,8,6 and 2 and their education matters most to us.

AT ALL,

How did you get a confirmed hotel Reservation and what is the amount paid,if any.Which hotel is the cheapest for every amount matters to us as we are coming from Africa.

Regards

e4ma May 16th 2012 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by New_Start (Post 10052384)
I don't face the same problem but in my case I didn't have a birth certificate when I was born. But we do have documents that show my parents' name. The notary here made a birth certificate based on the documents. So maybe you can either provide document to prove that you changed name, or make a new birth certificate, and explain it through email?

:thumbsup::fingerscrossed:

Thank you dear.

i LIKE The way you pieced my questions with genuine and accurate information.

I already have those in place and do kindly tell me how you came about a confirmed hotel reservation as well the hotel you stayed. I am indeed looking for the cheapest hotel to lodge.

Started working with a new employer and getting a Reference Letter and Leave Letter should stand on my way? What do you advice.

I attend Roman Catholic and will be willing to settle in nice decent city.Which area did you advise i should explore?

My NOCS are 1122/0631.

I am a project management professional and a Strategic Marketing Management Professional.

Please do let me know.

Thank you,

e4ma

lovely_clouds May 16th 2012 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10063330)
Lovely_Clouds, I am sure your letter will come soon, I had to wait for over two months to get confirmation for the EV and I can understand the anxiety. However in the end things do work out. It is easier said than done, but believe me just have faith and it will come through.

Just to give you an idea. It takes 12 days (Excluding holidays) for a postal letter to reach India from London. I have experienced this many times. Canada is almost double the distance. So even if they do process the application within 3 months, it would almost another month for it to reach us. Don't worry and wish you all the best.

@travel: Hey, I never knew about such timelines. I always had used FedEx. This info helps. Going by your calculation, we shall expect post mail in another week's time. Thanks.

lovely_clouds May 16th 2012 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by FROID (Post 10063333)
Dear Lovely clouds,
Again you are the best :thumbsup:
Hoping u to receive ur letter ASAP :fingerscrossed: I know ur feeling. I felt it last week when I was waiting to TRV and it was not late that much.

Regarding IELTS Results: I don't have but I 'll try with my employer to provide me with a letter stating that English is our formal business language. I believe that will be fine in addition to Markus assessment during the interview.(Am I right)

My bank statment states that I have a personal loan but I have balance more than the required fund by CIC

For the notarization issue: I am waiting for manitobain.........

I think PNP is for the CIC permenant residence. so I will start filling those app. and not MPNP app......Am I right?

thanx

Hello Froid : a correction - PNP online application is for Manitoba only. You can apply to CIC only after you get letter of approval, which is the output of PNP online application process.

Having a sufficient bank balance helps definitely. I believe the personal loan will also have an impact. I will request expert advice from @manitobian on this matter.

Daquinex May 16th 2012 6:43 pm

Hi everyone, i need your help to start. What do i require in my initial request email and what documents will i need to attach. YOur response will be well appreciated. Thank you.

ra_XOr May 16th 2012 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Daquinex (Post 10064865)
Hi everyone, i need your help to start. What do i require in my initial request email and what documents will i need to attach. YOur response will be well appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Daquinex,

You can find all the necessary information if you reviewed this thread from the beginning, very detailed and describe the full process steps.

Anyhow, simply you need to fulfill the following criteria for Strategic Recruitment Consideration:-

1.You are between the ages of 21 to 49
2. You have completed a minimum one year post-secondary education or training program for which you have received a diploma or certificate
3.You have worked at least 2 years in the past 5 in a full-time occupation and can demonstrate that you could be employable in Manitoba in that occupation within the first year of permanent residence in Canada
4.You can demonstrate a minimum of 6 points in English or French based on the MPNP language grid and/or a minimum score of 5 on an IELTS exam
5. The MPNP is satisfied that you do not have stronger ties to other provinces in Canada and have good potential to settle permanently in Manitoba.
6.You must contact the MPNP at least 2 months in advance to discuss the possibility of an exploratory visit
7.The MPNP agrees to an interview with you during your exploratory visit BEFORE you arrive in Manitoba.

Then you have to attached a detailed resume with the email and attach any other documents that support your request.

I hope you found this information useful.

Best Regards,
Mostafa Sherif

Daquinex May 16th 2012 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Daquinex (Post 10063145)
Thank you for your reply, appreciated! :) I am working on my request letter now and i will be attaching my resume. Is that suffiecient enough or do i need more documents and if so what other documents would you advice? Do i need to include my family in the request even though i will do not plan to visit with them initially? Please refrence your details required in the letter as per your previous post, i guess i have missed or havent seen that yet. :starsmile:

Originally Posted by ra_XOr (Post 10065357)
Hi Daquinex,

You can find all the necessary information if you reviewed this thread from the beginning, very detailed and describe the full process steps.

Anyhow, simply you need to fulfill the following criteria for Strategic Recruitment Consideration:-

1.You are between the ages of 21 to 49
2. You have completed a minimum one year post-secondary education or training program for which you have received a diploma or certificate
3.You have worked at least 2 years in the past 5 in a full-time occupation and can demonstrate that you could be employable in Manitoba in that occupation within the first year of permanent residence in Canada
4.You can demonstrate a minimum of 6 points in English or French based on the MPNP language grid and/or a minimum score of 5 on an IELTS exam
5. The MPNP is satisfied that you do not have stronger ties to other provinces in Canada and have good potential to settle permanently in Manitoba.
6.You must contact the MPNP at least 2 months in advance to discuss the possibility of an exploratory visit
7.The MPNP agrees to an interview with you during your exploratory visit BEFORE you arrive in Manitoba.

Then you have to attached a detailed resume with the email and attach any other documents that support your request.

I hope you found this information useful.

Best Regards,
Mostafa Sherif

Thank you mostafa, that was really kind. I have been working on my email and i have been a ble to put it together. Do i just atach my resume??? What else do i need to attach to it??? Do i need to attach my degree award certificate and transcript??? :unsure::unsure:

New_Start May 17th 2012 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Daquinex (Post 10065409)
Thank you mostafa, that was really kind. I have been working on my email and i have been a ble to put it together. Do i just atach my resume??? What else do i need to attach to it??? Do i need to attach my degree award certificate and transcript??? :unsure::unsure:

You need to attach every documents to prove that you are qualified as required. For example, if you want to prove that you have completed a minimum one year post-secondary education you need to attach education certificate; if you want to prove your language ability you can attach your IELTS score. Other evidence like reference letter, bank statement are also helpful. Actually the officers will email you if you miss something.

Daquinex May 17th 2012 2:34 am

Originally Posted by New_Start (Post 10065654)
You need to attach every documents to prove that you are qualified as required. For example, if you want to prove that you have completed a minimum one year post-secondary education you need to attach education certificate; if you want to prove your language ability you can attach your IELTS score. Other evidence like reference letter, bank statement are also helpful. Actually the officers will email you if you miss something.

Thank you, that should get me started hopefully. Would you suggest any other important thing i should take note of or that i need to know?:thumbsup:

New_Start May 17th 2012 2:39 am

Originally Posted by e4ma (Post 10064282)

Thank you dear.

I already have those in place and do kindly tell me how you came about a confirmed hotel reservation as well the hotel you stayed. I am indeed looking for the cheapest hotel to lodge.

Started working with a new employer and getting a Reference Letter and Leave Letter should stand on my way? What do you advice.

I attend Roman Catholic and will be willing to settle in nice decent city.Which area did you advise i should explore?

My NOCS are 1122/0631.

I am a project management professional and a Strategic Marketing Management Professional.

Please do let me know.

Thank you,

e4ma

Maybe everybody following this thread stayed in Bed&Breakfast, and if you check the previous post you can find the infomation (sorry I did't save the website info). While actually B&Bs are not cheap compare with hotel or motel. If you want to find a cheapest hotel you still have to look for more info. I noticed some really shabby hotels in downtown, if I were you I will ask before book it.

I'm not familiar with other cities in Manitoba, but according to your profession I would say you may find more job opportunities in Winnipeg.

New_Start May 17th 2012 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Daquinex (Post 10065664)
Thank you, that should get me started hopefully. Would you suggest any other important thing i should take note of or that i need to know?:thumbsup:

Take it easy. As long as you are qualified, employable and show your willingness to stay in Manitoba, the officers don't have reasons to reject a potential tax payer.:cool:

forourfuture May 17th 2012 4:07 am

Originally Posted by e4ma (Post 10064282)

Thank you dear.

My NOCS are 1122/0631.

Please do let me know.

Thank you,

e4ma

E4ma,

You may try some links to find rooms. Hope it helps sometime:

http://www.bbcanada.com/manitoba/winnipeg/winnipeg
http://www.travellerhut.com/City/Winnipeg.htm

Daquinex May 17th 2012 5:11 am

[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by New_Start (Post 10065682)
Take it easy. As long as you are qualified, employable and show your willingness to stay in Manitoba, the officers don't have reasons to reject a potential tax payer.:cool:

okay, trying to calm down. It's amazing how anxiety completely takes over in writing this email. Cant wait to send my email.

travel May 17th 2012 2:09 pm

Need your advise on a very important issue. How important is it to provide the senior secondary school certificate for your spouse. She is a dependent applicant and although she has her graduate degree certificates we cannot find her school certificates.

I am the primary applicant and have all required documents.

Please advise on how this can be managed.

I am working on the online MPNP application and was wondering what I should about this. I have uploaded her high school certificates and her graduation degree but we cannot locate her senior secondary certificate.

Dammy May 17th 2012 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10066772)
Need your advise on a very important issue. How important is it to provide the senior secondary school certificate for your spouse. She is a dependent applicant and although she has her graduate degree certificates we cannot find her school certificates.

I am the primary applicant and have all required documents.

Please advise on how this can be managed.

I am working on the online MPNP application and was wondering what I should about this. I have uploaded her high school certificates and her graduation degree but we cannot locate her senior secondary certificate.

Your spouse can do a letter explaining why she cannot provide her senior school certificate. She can also in addition provide other documents like continuous assessment results, etc while in school.

Scan these letter and the other documents that you are using to validate her claim and when applying online pick the option "Other" and by the side explain the type of documents that you are using in place of certificate or transcripts.

Regards