British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

Believing May 30th 2012 9:54 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

@Manitobian, Violet, Lovelycloud, Dammy et al.

It has taken me more than two days to read all your comments. What an encouragement and determination. May the Lord reward us all.

BTW...I am from South Africa and I want to share few tips for the Nova Scotia part of the application experience and my ability to land two interviews scheduled via Skype.

BTW I applied under general stream and I got to this forum because I was monitoring other violet's thread. my nomination took 6 months since it was a paper based application and before my LOA arrived and I have done the following:

1. I have gone through over and over the CIC checklists as well as the application guidelines. Which you can find here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...pplication.asp
2. Applied for my police clearance certificate from 2 countries e.g Nigeria and South Africa.
3. Decide to make paymentt via credit card as this will afford me the opportunity to monitor transaction. But NOTE make sure you call your card issuer about the transaction and inform them otherwise this option might be a big problem.
4. Completed all the forms online (filling them on the computer) as it a fillable PDF forms. You do not "submit" the forms online, but you fill them online. As soon as you are done filling, when you click "print", the system automatically checks/reviews your application and then generates a barcode for you when it is satisfied that everything has been filled. Then it allows you to print the form. If a barcode is not generated, you should know your application is not entirely filled. I had to do it 2 times with mine, to understand how it worked.

Now, I have to remind you that when the system checks/reviews your application, it does not review in a "right vs wrong" kind of way, it just checks that all required fields have been filled.
5. I sent my application to Nova Scotia on the 10th April 2012 and the CC was encased on the 2 May 2012, and I got AOR on the 9th May and my Ecas changed to In-Process on the 24th May.

So I am currently waiting for my medical and at the same reading more and more info. You will do yourself a great deal of help by reading extensively.

Good luck to all of us.:thumbsup:

Dammy May 31st 2012 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Believing (Post 10091579)
@Manitobian, Violet, Lovelycloud, Dammy et al.

It has taken me more than two days to read all your comments. What an encouragement and determination. May the Lord reward us all.

BTW...I am from South Africa and I want to share few tips for the Nova Scotia part of the application experience and my ability to land two interviews scheduled via Skype.

BTW I applied under general stream and I got to this forum because I was monitoring other violet's thread. my nomination took 6 months since it was a paper based application and before my LOA arrived and I have done the following:

1. I have gone through over and over the CIC checklists as well as the application guidelines. Which you can find here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...pplication.asp
2. Applied for my police clearance certificate from 2 countries e.g Nigeria and South Africa.
3. Decide to make paymentt via credit card as this will afford me the opportunity to monitor transaction. But NOTE make sure you call your card issuer about the transaction and inform them otherwise this option might be a big problem.
4. Completed all the forms online (filling them on the computer) as it a fillable PDF forms. You do not "submit" the forms online, but you fill them online. As soon as you are done filling, when you click "print", the system automatically checks/reviews your application and then generates a barcode for you when it is satisfied that everything has been filled. Then it allows you to print the form. If a barcode is not generated, you should know your application is not entirely filled. I had to do it 2 times with mine, to understand how it worked.

Now, I have to remind you that when the system checks/reviews your application, it does not review in a "right vs wrong" kind of way, it just checks that all required fields have been filled.
5. I sent my application to Nova Scotia on the 10th April 2012 and the CC was encased on the 2 May 2012, and I got AOR on the 9th May and my Ecas changed to In-Process on the 24th May.

So I am currently waiting for my medical and at the same reading more and more info. You will do yourself a great deal of help by reading extensively.

Good luck to all of us.:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum. I have been doing the filling too so as to buy time while awaiting my LOA.

Cheers.

Believing May 31st 2012 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dammy (Post 10092671)
Welcome to the forum. I have been doing the filling too so as to buy time while awaiting my LOA.

Cheers.

@Dammy,

Thanks for welcoming me my brother. Sho wa?

Dammy May 31st 2012 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Believing (Post 10092680)
@Dammy,

Thanks for welcoming me my brother. Sho wa?

Mo wa pa:rofl::thumbsup:

Daquinex May 31st 2012 9:41 pm

Welcome believing! Another Nigerian in the house I guess, good to know. For the none Nigerians I will like to interpret believing's msg- Sho wa? Means hope you are good and Dammy answered Mo wa pa- I am okay!
Guys i would suggest you use private message to communicate so we do not offend our friends who do not understand. Thank youuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Believing Jun 1st 2012 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Daquinex (Post 10093663)
Welcome believing! Another Nigerian in the house I guess, good to know. For the none Nigerians I will like to interpret believing's msg- Sho wa? Means hope you are good and Dammy answered Mo wa pa- I am okay!
Guys i would suggest you use private message to communicate so we do not offend our friends who do not understand. Thank youuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Thanks for pointing that out! It was not meant to cause any grief so apology for that,

Dammy Jun 1st 2012 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Daquinex (Post 10093663)

Apology to all and point noted.

Regards.

Daquinex Jun 1st 2012 3:05 pm

Hello to you all, please can we get updates on recent timeline for EV request??? Many thanks.

travel Jun 1st 2012 5:05 pm

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let you all know that I am beginning my EV tonight. Actually I am in the aircraft waiting to take off. Will try to update everyone as often as I can. I reach Winnipeg on Saturday afternoon and will be there till 15 June.

Wish me luck :)

Travel

nordex Jun 1st 2012 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10095120)
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let you all know that I am beginning my EV tonight. Actually I am in the aircraft waiting to take off. Will try to update everyone as often as I can. I reach Winnipeg on Saturday afternoon and will be there till 15 June.

Travel

travel, I wish you great great luck on your exploratory visit.
btw, ask Mr. Markus when he's gonna schedule me an interview:)
he didnt reply me even though I sent him reminder letter

Dammy Jun 1st 2012 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by nordex (Post 10095135)
travel, I wish you great great luck on your exploratory visit.
btw, ask Mr. Markus when he's gonna schedule me an interview:)
he didnt reply me even though I sent him reminder letter

All the best Travel on your EV. As requested by Nordex kindly inform MPNP that members of the forum are waiting for their confirmations:rofl:

Gustekp Jun 2nd 2012 8:23 am

@Travel,success is your as you embark on your EV.Just like nordex and Dammy has mentioned,quite a few number of us are waiting for our letter.Pls put in a word on our behalf.

All the best

FROID Jun 2nd 2012 9:26 am

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10095120)
Hi Folks,

Travel

Dear Travel
Be safe and wish u all the best

travel Jun 2nd 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks everyone. I am at Toronto airport. Just waiting to get into the last flight to Winnipeg. Will send more updat es as soon as possible. So far things look promising. I came through New York and am dead tired. Have been in the plane for almost 16 hours now. Another 2 hours to go I guess.

I will remember your requests for Markus and will do whatever I can. Wishing you all luck. My EV took 6 months to come through, so my suggestion is to wait. They do not forget, it its just that they may be very busy. Cheers :)

Gustekp Jun 3rd 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks Travel.

Wishing you luck.

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10096496)
Thanks everyone. I am at Toronto airport. Just waiting to get into the last flight to Winnipeg. Will send more updat es as soon as possible. So far things look promising. I came through New York and am dead tired. Have been in the plane for almost 16 hours now. Another 2 hours to go I guess.

I will remember your requests for Markus and will do whatever I can. Wishing you all luck. My EV took 6 months to come through, so my suggestion is to wait. They do not forget, it its just that they may be very busy. Cheers :)