Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Nov 1st 2013, 1:44 pm
Handsome

iforti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by fols
Congrats to everyone making progress with the EV visit and immigration process.I dropped out at some point.but i am backl now lol.

A little update,i have my EV request,yet to go for my EV visit,can people help me here pls,any info i need to know as regards the visit.

Did anyone apply for TRV using letter of invitation ,from?

many Thanks
You dont need a letter of invitation... the letter of invitation is the letter sent from MPNP which u were accepted for EV.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 1:59 pm
Handsome

Originally Posted by twinkle01
I wonder what happened to teh anomaly. could you please share your wife's ev experience. There are a lot of us here who would like to hear your story. Thank you.
For all that intend to do the EV... this is my experience...

1. As you land in Winnipeg go straight and see housing opportunities.. meet with realtor.... u need at least one of them and go with him to see prices of houses, rents and neighbourhoods.

2. You need to go to grocery stores, compare prices of food products, clothes etc.

3. Go to schools/ day cares for children.

4. You need to check Autopac, for changing the driver's license, buying a car etc.... go to auto shops and see the prices of cars.

5. Go and see bank opportunities, possibly open an account in banks, you need a birth certificate, it means a lot for immigration officer.

6. See libraries, leisure and what u do in a free time.

7. Talk to some possible employers, at least 4 of them and collect business cards, application for employment etc.

8. At the end Its mandatory to make a budget dividing Expenses and Incomes with total of how much you earn and how much you spend for you and your wife.... including moving expenses....

9. As Speedoflight (in case u haven't heard of him, hes a member here too) said... u need to take a notebook- not the laptop and a pen, to write everything you see and do there.

10. Dont sleep, just run, run, run and get that Invitation.

11. Good luck

Last edited by iforti; Nov 1st 2013 at 2:06 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by iforti
For all that intend to do the EV... this is my experience...

1. As you land in Winnipeg go straight and see housing opportunities.. meet with realtor.... u need at least one of them and go with him to see prices of houses, rents and neighbourhoods.

2. You need to go to grocery stores, compare prices of food products, clothes etc.

3. Go to schools/ day cares for children.

4. You need to check Autopac, for changing the driver's license, buying a car etc.... go to auto shops and see the prices of cars.

5. Go and see bank opportunities, possibly open an account in banks, you need a birth certificate, it means a lot for immigration officer.

6. See libraries, leisure and what u do in a free time.

7. Talk to some possible employers, at least 4 of them and collect business cards, application for employment etc.

8. At the end Its mandatory to make a budget dividing Expenses and Incomes with total of how much you earn and how much you spend for you and your wife.... including moving expenses....

9. As Speedoflight (in case u haven't heard of him, hes a member here too) said... u need to take a notebook- not the laptop and a pen, to write everything you see and do there.

10. Dont sleep, just run, run, run and get that Invitation.

11. Good luck
Thank you for the concise info,i am printing this out at the moment. lol. How did you get the employer contacts you met,any insight on this please?
Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
Thanks guys - it is just for the visitor visa for the EV - I'll be traveling with three kids under 10 yrs so nothing happens quickly!! I've flown into Toronto before and experienced the queue but wasn't sure whether a journey with one airline from the US to Canada would be treated as a single trip or seperate... I think we'll just do NY to Chicago, then Chicago to Winnipeg so we can save the joy of immigration to a point where we're not going to risk missing connections.
Hi Dwight,

Did you present ticket booking while applying for your TRV,i am applying to London office.
Many Thanks

Last edited by fols; Nov 1st 2013 at 4:05 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 10:45 pm
Handsome

Thank you for the concise info,i am printing this out at the moment. lol. How did you get the employer contacts you met,any insight on this please?
You go and see employers, dont be shy, meet them, talk to them about the possibility of your employment to them... And in the end, you ask about the business card which they all are ready to give you... Collect as much ad you can... the more the better... I've had around 20 of them... Its too much but was better for me...
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Successful4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dwight,

Did you present ticket booking while applying for your TRV,i am applying to London office.
Many Thanks
Am not sure if its required, but when i made my application from London office, i did reservation on KLM which i used to support my application. though i did not pay for the ticket till after i received my visa.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Successful4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

For those who have applied for the nomination after EV waiting nomination certificate, Does any know if you can call to find out the status of your application?
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

htar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Successful4ever
For those who have applied for the nomination after EV waiting nomination certificate, Does any know if you can call to find out the status of your application?
I think, they can consider your call if you passed 120 days waiting, otherwise there will be a routine reply.
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Hi Dwight,

Many Thanks
Hi, can't help I'm afraid. I'm in the UK which is in the visa waiver program so I don't need a TRV...
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

I received my LOA on 29 Sep. 2013, anybody knows What is the timeline for the VO to request the medical?
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 9:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by htar
I received my LOA on 29 Sep. 2013, anybody knows What is the timeline for the VO to request the medical?
isn't that a timeline spreadsheet in your signature? So aren't you better placed than anybody else to know the average timescales?!
Old Nov 4th 2013, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
isn't that a timeline spreadsheet in your signature? So aren't you better placed than anybody else to know the average timescales?!
Dear Sir,
The spreadsheet is an opened sheet for everybody to add his timeline, and it is not accurate, it is a personal diligence. if I am sure I wouldn't ask.
This is an invitation for colleagues to add themselves accurately and specially the latest ones.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Successful4ever
Am not sure if its required, but when i made my application from London office, i did reservation on KLM which i used to support my application. though i did not pay for the ticket till after i received my visa.

Thanks for the info,would work on this.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 8:15 pm
Handsome

Originally Posted by htar
Bro
Put this LOA date in spreadsheet cause there is another date that u provided, right ?.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iforti
Bro
Put this LOA date in spreadsheet cause there is another date that u provided, right ?.
iforti
I mentioned the LOA wrong, I mean my AOR of CIC on 29 August same as spread sheet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.