Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Nov 12th 2013, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Teh Anomaly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Atelman
LOA! Issued on 16th October, received by mail today.
Congrats Atelman!

We sent in our MPNP online application last night...exactly 1 month after the MPNP interview. Now the waiting game begins for us...

Last edited by Teh Anomaly; Nov 12th 2013 at 2:32 am.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Atelman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Teh Anomaly! Wish you good luck and fast processing time!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

timshel75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Im new on this forum. I finally finished reading all pages of this thread, and I would like to thank every body for the precious help provided in this forum.

We are in the application to got to Winnipeg for an exploratory visit very soon. After vacation in Manitoba we decided we want to settle there and have been accepted for exploratory visit. However I have recently being contacted for a 12 months job in Ontario that would be under a work permit.

My question is would that prevent us from succeeding in the Manitoba PNP process ? We do want to settle in Winnipeg in the long term, but the PR process will take at least one year so this 12 months job opportunity in Ontario would give me a first canadian experience while our PNP and PR application are processing. However we are afraid it would ruin our Manitoba PNP application. In that case I will reject the offer..but I would like your advise first ?

Many thanks !
Old Nov 12th 2013, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timshel75
Hi all,

Im new on this forum. I finally finished reading all pages of this thread, and I would like to thank every body for the precious help provided in this forum.

We are in the application to got to Winnipeg for an exploratory visit very soon. After vacation in Manitoba we decided we want to settle there and have been accepted for exploratory visit. However I have recently being contacted for a 12 months job in Ontario that would be under a work permit.

My question is would that prevent us from succeeding in the Manitoba PNP process ? We do want to settle in Winnipeg in the long term, but the PR process will take at least one year so this 12 months job opportunity in Ontario would give me a first canadian experience while our PNP and PR application are processing. However we are afraid it would ruin our Manitoba PNP application. In that case I will reject the offer..but I would like your advise first ?

Many thanks !
Put yourself in the shoes of a Manitoba PNP officer. Someone has applied for the EV visit to Manitoba and wants to be nominated for the Manitoba PNP. You now take the job offer in Ontario. You then apply for the Manitoba PNP while working in Ontario with no job in Manitoba. What would you do?
With the job in Ontario would you be eligible to apply for Ontario PNP?
Quite a few have used the Manitoba PNP route to get PR and have then moved to other Provinces which is NOT what the Manitoba PNP is for.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

htar is on a distinguished road

I believe the officer will say apply to OPNP.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Teh Anomaly is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Teh Anomaly! Wish you good luck and fast processing time!
Thank you! Your LOA arrived in less than 3 months? Damn, thats fast!
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:40 am
Just Joined

timshel75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Put yourself in the shoes of a Manitoba PNP officer. Someone has applied for the EV visit to Manitoba and wants to be nominated for the Manitoba PNP. You now take the job offer in Ontario. You then apply for the Manitoba PNP while working in Ontario with no job in Manitoba. What would you do?
With the job in Ontario would you be eligible to apply for Ontario PNP?
Quite a few have used the Manitoba PNP route to get PR and have then moved to other Provinces which is NOT what the Manitoba PNP is for.

As I said my plan, and I have matured it since a long time, is to settle in Manitoba.
This offer is just a 12 months and came up recently as unexpected. I was just thinking of it as covering for the gap until I got the right to live in Manitoba...

But I understand it may not be a good idea as it may be misunderstood even though I have no plan to live in Ontario..so I won't accept the offer.

I have read that people use the Manitoba PNP route to get PR and then moved in other province and I think is really unfair because there are lots of people who would like to move to Manitoba, truly, and they may be prevented because of these people trying to screw the system
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

My opinion,
The officer deals with facts and not feelings.
Offer = Ontario, Ontario = OPNP
I ve seen this case before in the early period of sending the expression of interest mail.
And the officer replied "You have a strong ties outside Manitoba, we advise you to try another stream in Ontario"
That's what I can remember.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Belinzooni is an unknown quantity at this point

LOA! Issued on 16th October, received by mail today.
Congrat Man! Happy for you
Old Nov 14th 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Atelman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, Belinzooni! Wish you fast progress at CIC!
Old Nov 15th 2013, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Just had our EV meeting - and got our letter! If anyone wants a detailed breakdown of what happened in the meeting, i'll post later when I can get wifi rather than pay for data..
Old Nov 15th 2013, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats!Told you it would be a piece of cake and not to get stressed!

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
Just had our EV meeting - and got our letter! If anyone wants a detailed breakdown of what happened in the meeting, i'll post later when I can get wifi rather than pay for data..
Old Nov 15th 2013, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats dwight
Old Nov 15th 2013, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Thanks guys - has been a really positive trip to Winnipeg and we had so much research material to take along to the meeting, I really hoped it would go well. The meeting itself was good, quite nerve wracking to start with but once we started talking, and detailing all we'd done and why we thought we were good candidates, it was downhill all the way! Definitely helped knowing what to expect from everyone else's experiences! So just some forms to fill in now )
Old Nov 15th 2013, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Belinzooni is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news dwight! congratulation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.