Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Sep 10th 2013, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

You need at least 2 hours time between connecting flights, depending on the number of incoming flights, immigration can take a lot of time, I nearly missed my flight to Winnipeg!

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
Cool, thanks. Was trying to decide between transfering in Toronto or Chicago - Chicago it is then!! Annoys me a bit when Skyscanner, expedia etc quote flight times with 40 minutes between flights when you havent got a snowballs chance of making them if you have to clear immigration....
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:12 am
win'peger

nitin.g is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
Ok, thanks. This thread is so long it gets difficult keeping track! I was also wondering about clearing immigration on arrival - we're flying into new York, then on to Winnipeg a couple days later, but there doesn't seem to be a direct flight from ny so we have to change either in Toronto or Chicago. Obviously we clear US immigration when we arrive in NY, but travelling from NY to Winnipeg, do we clear Canadian immigration at our final destination, or at our first point of arrival?
Given a choice, prefer to do immigration at Toronto. Immigration Officers there are more friendly, process is very streamlined, and for a new immigrant - no hassles except waiting in queues (you might have to wait 2 hrs in total at various queues). Also Services Canada has opened a counter a Toronto airport that allows you apply for SIN during immigration only.

Some people at this forum, did immigration at Winnipeg and didn't had any pleasing experience. Immigration officers here don't know much about the process either.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:18 am
win'peger

..keep around 3.5 to 4 hrs at hand for landing process at Toronto. our landing had taken 2.5 hours. Travel (who immigrated Winnipeg inAug from this thread only) took almost 3.5 hrs & barely managed to get the onward flight to Winnipeg. It's not much of a problem as you are given the next available flight by Air Canada / Westjet.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

I think what Dwight is talking about is the immigration clearance on a vistors visa for his exploratory visit.

Originally Posted by nitin.g
..keep around 3.5 to 4 hrs at hand for landing process at Toronto. our landing had taken 2.5 hours. Travel (who immigrated Winnipeg inAug from this thread only) took almost 3.5 hrs & barely managed to get the onward flight to Winnipeg. It's not much of a problem as you are given the next available flight by Air Canada / Westjet.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:28 am
win'peger

Originally Posted by Speedoflight
1)

while waiting for Nomination, I wanted to ask you guys about "Police Certificate" that we will need for final federal step,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5690E.pdf

Do I have to submit just for principal applicant or also for spouse and kids. Anyone who went through this any explanations please...
For everyone on application file. Our PCC came back along with passport after visa stamping.

Originally Posted by Speedoflight
2)

Also some people here saying that credit card is charged by CIC on this date... , what does that means please,

Can we pay fees online before sending the application and submit receipt with application to CIC NovaScotia, or can we pay directly in the bank and attach receipt.
what is that, people here mention a lot, "my credit card has been charged by CIC" do we have to pay another fee except ($550 for principal $550 for spouse and $150 for a kids)

Thank you

Speedoflight
The visa application fees is usually paid via credit card as a norm. For that, if you notice the CIC papers, there's a credit card authorization form. That form is submitted to CIC who take the charge once your file is submitted to Sydney NS

Since the whole PR process is waiting game, with not much communication from officers, the instant credit card is charged & we get alert from our CC company it is a relief to know that our papers have been found complete & that CIC has started processing the application.

I dont think There's a chance of paying the fees in advance.

Then later on You also pay RPRF fee along with or after doing Medical Tests. This fee is diff thanVisa app fees & is paid at Visa Office where your file & PR stamp is getting processed. I think there is a chance to pay it in advance; but that again is not recommended. Officers who charge visa app fee & RPRF fee are different locations and they all have their process.

Last edited by nitin.g; Sep 10th 2013 at 11:31 am.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:32 am
win'peger

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian
I think what Dwight is talking about is the immigration clearance on a vistors visa for his exploratory visit.
Oh ok. 2 hrs are enough for that
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nitin.g
Given a choice, prefer to do immigration at Toronto. Immigration Officers there are more friendly, process is very streamlined, and for a new immigrant - no hassles except waiting in queues (you might have to wait 2 hrs in total at various queues). Also Services Canada has opened a counter a Toronto airport that allows you apply for SIN during immigration only.

Some people at this forum, did immigration at Winnipeg and didn't had any pleasing experience. Immigration officers here don't know much about the process either.
Excuse me do you have proof of this I see far more mistakes made by officers in Toronto and Vancouver than Winnipeg
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Excuse me do you have proof of this I see far more mistakes made by officers in Toronto and Vancouver than Winnipeg
Oh oh nitin, you touch a nerve there?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Thanks guys - it is just for the visitor visa for the EV - I'll be traveling with three kids under 10 yrs so nothing happens quickly!! I've flown into Toronto before and experienced the queue but wasn't sure whether a journey with one airline from the US to Canada would be treated as a single trip or seperate... I think we'll just do NY to Chicago, then Chicago to Winnipeg so we can save the joy of immigration to a point where we're not going to risk missing connections.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 12:31 pm
win'peger

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Well...people make mistakes; and immi offcrs are also human beings.
So far on this forum i have not heard of harassment type experience at Toronto during landing process. Its more about waiting time & may be some mistakes. There was a tiny bit of mistake in our case as well; but nothing that cant be resolved by making a simpe phone call.
And then after hearing about landing experience of Violets at Winnipeg airport.... all that cross-questioning was not pleasing by any measure
Old Sep 11th 2013, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Belinzooni is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Does anyone has an idea what time frame one has to apply for permanent residence visa from date of issuance of LOA?

I am asking since it will be exactly 2 month tommorrow since they cinfirmed my application result has been mailed to me but I have not seen it.

I intend to wait the whole of this week, if it is not received, I email them to send to a local address in Winnipeg so that it can then be sent to me by registered mail.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Belinzooni
Hello all,

Does anyone has an idea what time frame one has to apply for permanent residence visa from date of issuance of LOA?

I am asking since it will be exactly 2 month tommorrow since they cinfirmed my application result has been mailed to me but I have not seen it.

I intend to wait the whole of this week, if it is not received, I email them to send to a local address in Winnipeg so that it can then be sent to me by registered mail.
6 month
Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Manitobain! Appreciate!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

lexismorden is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by College2003
Congrats Beno... I also got an invitation from Morden City and I am planning to visit this july. Did the MPNP officer ask you about the other part of manitoba? other than morden? because I am planning to just do my exploratory visit in Morden, since this is the place where we want to settle, especially now that you told us it is a very nice place to raise a family. i really like places like that.

again congrats and thank you for your information they are very helpful.

college
@college2003, hi hows ur exploratory visit? If you could share ur experiences and probably could give tips too, it will b much appreciated. Pls add me n my ym <snipped>. i want to ask u more... pls pls. BTW i have my invitation too but dont knw yet wen to visit

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 13th 2013 at 12:35 pm. Reason: Please don't post your email address on a public forum, thanks
Old Sep 13th 2013, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Oh Jesus I have promised, to serve the to the end,
Be thou for ever near me, my master and my friend,
I shall not fear the battle, If thou...........

Songs of praise of Jesus in my mouth.

I picked up my LOA today after breathtaken momnths of waiting.

Letter dated July 11th Posted July, 12th and Recieved September 13th, 2013.

Help praise His Holy name!

For as many that are still waiting! Keep hoping for It shall surely come.

Rgds

My Time line is as below:

EV Request: October 2012 ( a reminder sent in January & granted in February 20th, 2013)
Eploratory Visit : February 25th, 2013-March 15th, 2013
Exploratory visit Interview : March 15th, 2013
Letter of Invitation to apply : March 15th, 2013
MPNP Application Submitted : March 30th, 2013
Additional Document & Phone Interview: July 8th, 2013
LOA : September, 13th 2013 ( Letter Issued July 11th)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.