Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by brandon2014
Thanks very much WannabeManitobian

I'm flying off to Brandon Manitoba next week, have all my required documentation (originals and certified copies). Can I submit the online app whilst I am there?

Will also be attending the online app seminar.
ok, let me try to sort this out. I have the feeling, somewhere something gets mixed up.
When I wrote earlier on, that you need to fullfill the conditions in order to send an online application, I meant that you either need to have family or friends here, so you can go the family or general stream, or you have to be working at least 6 months here to apply through the employer direct stream or go the study route.
If you have not gotten the ok to do an Exploratory Visit from Manitoba Immigration, you cannot go via the strategic stream...as this is requirement in that stream. If you haven't received word from them, your visit to Brandon will be purely a recce trip to learn about the area, but it won't help you with immigration (unless you find during that time an employer willing to go through the LMO process for you, so you can apply for a WP).

It doesn't help you that you have all other requirements and paperwork ready for the process, without the invitation letter from MPNP (which you receive after the interview) you cannot apply via the strategic stream. The only other exception is, if MPNP does a recruiting trip to a country and hands sometimes invitation to apply out at that occasion...but I believe that hasn't happen in your case?
Old Sep 8th 2013, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

Almost 2 months and still no sight of the LOA, fingers crossed, hope it comes soon, any news from others?
Old Sep 8th 2013, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Atelman is an unknown quantity at this point

WannabeMonitobian, I believe your LOA is on the way or will be issued very soon)) Did you insert Manitoba mailing address in the application? I did and my timing is close to yours.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Atelman, I did not insert a Manitoba mailing address as I do not know anyone there, I have included the mailing address of my residence country. Have you received your LOA?

Originally Posted by Atelman
WannabeMonitobian, I believe your LOA is on the way or will be issued very soon)) Did you insert Manitoba mailing address in the application? I did and my timing is close to yours.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Atelman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi WannabeMonitobian, not yet, pending.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

UriR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Atelman
Hi WannabeMonitobian, not yet, pending.
MPNP File # on June 30th, also still on the waiting list.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Has anybody else been through their EV yet? I seem to remember there were a few people set to go over in august? Hopefully these have been successful and being entirely selfish, i'm keen to hear how these went to prepare for my own visit (which I had to reschedule to November as I couldn't get holidays from work earlier and couldn't bear the though of spending 6k to get my family across and not see any hockey!!)
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Teh Anomaly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
Has anybody else been through their EV yet? I seem to remember there were a few people set to go over in august? Hopefully these have been successful and being entirely selfish, i'm keen to hear how these went to prepare for my own visit (which I had to reschedule to November as I couldn't get holidays from work earlier and couldn't bear the though of spending 6k to get my family across and not see any hockey!!)
Check back a few pages. I believe the last to go on EV is speedoflight. My Wife is set to go on October.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 7:04 am
Handsome

iforti is an unknown quantity at this point

Exploratory Visit bible.

Originally Posted by Speedoflight
Yes sure @wannabe...

sorry for the delay

Thanks to all.
Let me share some of my experience.

my experience

You have to proove everything that you wrote on questionare/ resume, if you let's say said that you have $15000 in funds, you have to show that you have that amount, if you said you have bachelor degree, worked from this date to that company, you have to proove it. This was important.

People here in forum said that, Manitoba is empty, not to many people I thought that Im not gonna see anyone on the street, Winnipeg is similar to every big city in America or Europe, it has everything on it, people are nice, busy, friendly etc.

I am trying to write things that are not repeated here in forum, because my EV was almost same to everyone else ...I stayed 9 days between winnipeg,morden, winkler, carmen, altona.

Dont be shy, get in every store, shop or business, and ask for everything, if someone is not good at you, I mean if doesn't smile, maybe they have no time, don't worry go to other store, you will find someone else, dont give up, just wake up in the morning and start hunting,

Everyone here is saying do your homework, thats right do your home work every evening, I bought a 3$ nootebook and a pen and wrote everything, making notes, what did you do, how much is a rent, insurance for a used car, new car, its not hard beleive me, dont forget to do your budget.

Also I was registered to Regional library in Pembina Valley in Winkler became member. Open bank account at local bank, they required 2 pieces of photo ID, or if you dont have two, birth certificate is OK. Did furniture research at the Brick and some other cheaper furniture, asked for gym for recreations monthly fee is 50$,also car insurance and Autopac for driving license, MtS and Rogers Cable for internet and TB, childcare for kids ,settlement services for newcomers its very important to go there they provide you with lots of information.

I met with Real Estate agents, asked every thing, to rent you need to deposit 1/2 of the rent .I asked for "Copy of tenancy agreement" ask for that you have all details, also I visited a lawyer for buying a house transfering ownership, because if you buy a house you will have to deal with Real Estate and when you are done with them you need to go through laywer for transferring ownership.

My advise to all:

Imagine yourself arrived there as an landed immigrant with Permanent resident card in your pocket and ask yourself what are you going to do there your very first day, imagine you dont have kids with you now, you are alone...

Explore explore explore as this is your new life, challenge, dont think as a tourist attractions or destination

Its a great advantage for us that we have been accepted for EV, because we can explore everything, its a great opportunity before we move there permanently

Turn enginees on and move forward.

Thanks for everyone here, everyoooone

Also if you want to be successful, I strongly recommend that you read the forum from the first page.

yours,
Speedoflight
Old Sep 9th 2013, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Speedoflight is an unknown quantity at this point

1)

while waiting for Nomination, I wanted to ask you guys about "Police Certificate" that we will need for final federal step,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5690E.pdf

Do I have to submit just for principal applicant or also for spouse and kids. Anyone who went through this any explanations please...

2)

Also some people here saying that credit card is charged by CIC on this date... , what does that means please,

Can we pay fees online before sending the application and submit receipt with application to CIC NovaScotia, or can we pay directly in the bank and attach receipt.
what is that, people here mention a lot, "my credit card has been charged by CIC" do we have to pay another fee except ($550 for principal $550 for spouse and $150 for a kids)

Thank you

Speedoflight

Last edited by Speedoflight; Sep 9th 2013 at 9:22 am.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Ok, thanks. This thread is so long it gets difficult keeping track! I was also wondering about clearing immigration on arrival - we're flying into new York, then on to Winnipeg a couple days later, but there doesn't seem to be a direct flight from ny so we have to change either in Toronto or Chicago. Obviously we clear US immigration when we arrive in NY, but travelling from NY to Winnipeg, do we clear Canadian immigration at our final destination, or at our first point of arrival?

Last edited by dwight-van-man; Sep 9th 2013 at 10:18 am.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
Ok, thanks. This thread is so long it gets difficult keeping track! I was also wondering about clearing immigration on arrival - we're flying into new York, then on to Winnipeg a couple days later, but there doesn't seem to be a direct flight from ny so we have to change either in Toronto or Chicago. Obviously we clear US immigration when we arrive in NY, but travelling from NY to Winnipeg, do we clear Canadian immigration at our final destination, or at our first point of arrival?

You will clear immigration at Toronto!

Toronto to Winnipeg is a domestic flight!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

BenoCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian
Almost 2 months and still no sight of the LOA, fingers crossed, hope it comes soon, any news from others?
Hi WannabeManitobian,

Over 3 months now and still waiting, Hope to hear good news soon

Beno
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Teh Anomaly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you guys get your LOA's soon! We are just following your footsteps!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AVACON
You will clear immigration at Toronto!

Toronto to Winnipeg is a domestic flight!
Cool, thanks. Was trying to decide between transfering in Toronto or Chicago - Chicago it is then!! Annoys me a bit when Skyscanner, expedia etc quote flight times with 40 minutes between flights when you havent got a snowballs chance of making them if you have to clear immigration....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.