LMO timelines

Old Jul 12th 2014, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO timelines

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Thanks for the morale boost
Well, I don't literally mean that it's "great". Actually, this is bad and I'm sort of frustrated at the situation. In my original post, I had a link to a scene from Seven Psychopaths in which Colin Farrell used the term "great" in same the manner as I'm meaning to use it. I edited my post and removed the link because I'm not sure if we're allowed to post videos with R-rated dialogue.

Anyway, the scene I'm referring to can be found in the red-band trailer to Seven Psychopaths. It's basically Colin Farrel's reaction to Sam Rockwell setting their Buick on fire.

Last edited by bc_guy; Jul 12th 2014 at 12:54 am. Reason: changed "red band" to "red-band"
Old Jul 12th 2014, 1:57 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc_guy
Well, I don't literally mean that it's "great". Actually, this is bad and I'm sort of frustrated at the situation. In my original post, I had a link to a scene from Seven Psychopaths in which Colin Farrell used the term "great" in same the manner as I'm meaning to use it. I edited my post and removed the link because I'm not sure if we're allowed to post videos with R-rated dialogue.

Anyway, the scene I'm referring to can be found in the red-band trailer to Seven Psychopaths. It's basically Colin Farrel's reaction to Sam Rockwell setting their Buick on fire.
I knew what you meant I was just being humorous hence the smiley
Old Jul 16th 2014, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

aparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura about

Hello, please can anyone tell me if I can apply for Permanent Residency with my Canadian offer letter. Do I have to show the funds, liabilities and assets.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 5:33 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aparna_otist
Hello, please can anyone tell me if I can apply for Permanent Residency with my Canadian offer letter. Do I have to show the funds, liabilities and assets.
What do you mean Canadian offer letter?

I assume do you mean can you apply for PR with arranged employment and your employer has provided you with an offer letter?, If so work out how many points you have and then work out what you need to get if you do not already have it such as an ECA education report, ILETS test certificate.

If you have employment you do not need to show funds
Old Jul 16th 2014, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

aparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura about

I have the employment offer.....the cic website says arranged employment means an offer letter plus LMO plus work permit...I am really confused on this part...
Old Jul 16th 2014, 8:54 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I have the employment offer.....the cic website says arranged employment means an offer letter plus LMO plus work permit...I am really confused on this part...
You require the LMIA/LMO to apply for arranged employment, a job offer is not sufficient.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

The CIC website is totally correct.
You got a job offer - great.
Your company must now apply for and obtain an LMIA, after fulfilling all the requirements as stated on the website.
You get your TWP at POE (assuming you're from the UK)
You can then apply for PR, while working on your TWP.

Good luck!
Old Jul 16th 2014, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

DrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You require the LMIA/LMO to apply for arranged employment, a job offer is not sufficient.
Do you also need the actual work permit at the application stage?
Old Jul 16th 2014, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by DrealDeel
Do you also need the actual work permit at the application stage?
Yes you need to send a copy of the permit and a copy of the LMO/LMIA together with the offer of employment and all the other required docs and a completed application pack,
Old Jul 16th 2014, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

DrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Yes you need to send a copy of the permit and a copy of the LMO/LMIA together with the offer of employment and all the other required docs and a completed application pack,
Ta muchly mate.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Heys thanks PMM and Eddmac.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Intocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to behold

LMO/LMIA can be of 3 types- meant only for tfw or meant only for PR or meant for both. This basically happens thru a check box selection in LMO application.

If you have valid job offer, based on your type of lmo, you can apply for only TFW visa, or only PR, or both. Of course, your job offer should also meet some conditions.

Now my question is-

If I have started working in Canada as temporary foreign worker in skilled category, can I not apply for PR with just a job offer(of course, with all required papers like ielts, eca...) and no lmo ? I thought I can. please correct me if my assumption is wrong.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:32 am
Just Joined

If u c the PR application form, u'll c there's an option where u have to write the LMO number.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Intocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to behold

True. But that might be applicable for candidates who are processing based on LMO.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 6:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Intocanada
If I have started working in Canada as temporary foreign worker in skilled category, can I not apply for PR with just a job offer(of course, with all required papers like ielts, eca...) and no lmo ? I thought I can. please correct me if my assumption is wrong.
It depends, but you've not given enough facts really! What PR route, how long have you worked in Canada for, and how is your job LMO exempt, intra company transfer?

Short answer is you can probably apply for PR, but without knowing the above it's impossible to say for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.