LMO timelines

Old Jul 17th 2014, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Intocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: LMO timelines

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It depends, but you've not given enough facts really! What PR route, how long have you worked in Canada for, and how is your job LMO exempt, intra company transfer?

Short answer is you can probably apply for PR, but without knowing the above it's impossible to say for sure.
I would work very soon in Canada if I get the work permit. I fall under the category NOC 2174. My job is definitely not LMO exempt. Instead, a LMO was processed for TFW visa(Only TFW) which is positive. But, had a word with HR and HR said they would support for PR. May be, I did not dig into details. But, I learned from another forum that PR can be applied in this particular scenario with out LMO once I land in Canada. The PR route would be FSW. Planning to apply(if I can) ASAP bcoz I want to avoid Express entry.

Please correct me if I am not correct

Last edited by Intocanada; Jul 17th 2014 at 7:25 am.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Intocanada
I would work very soon in Canada if I get the work permit. I fall under the category NOC 2174. My job is definitely not LMO exempt. Instead, a LMO was processed for TFW visa(Only TFW) which is positive. But, had a word with HR and HR said they would support for PR. May be, I did not dig into details. But, I learned from another forum that PR can be applied in this particular scenario with out LMO once I land in Canada. The PR route would be FSW. Planning to apply(if I can) ASAP bcoz I want to avoid Express entry.

Please correct me if I am not correct
I'm confused. You don't need a LMO to apply for PR, if you're there working on a valid work permit and have an offer letter of permanent employment, then that suffices for the 'arranged employment' of FSW apps.

I'm obviously misunderstanding what you're asking, I'm not sure why you think you'd need another LMO for a PR app? The LMO is only needed until you've got the TWP, after that it's redundant. But hopefully the above answers your question!
Old Jul 18th 2014, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Intocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to behold

christmasoompa,
I thought LMO(PR) would be required to study whether the skill is really a shortage in long term.
But your post answers all my concerns. I think I am now pretty clear on how to move towards PR. Thank you very much.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

aparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura about

So Eddmac did you get any news on ur LMO? I suppose it's 6 weeks since ur application was filed.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aparna_otist
So Eddmac did you get any news on ur LMO? I suppose it's 6 weeks since ur application was filed.
Not yet, it's due tomorrow, but hoping to hear early next week.

Old Jul 24th 2014, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

aparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura about

Okk....good luck to you. Hope its positive this time for u n for me too..
Old Jul 24th 2014, 2:14 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping my LMIA takes 6 weeks or less
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Well my employer contacted service canada about my. LMO application, he was told it's taking an average of 8 weeks in BC now. No mention of the 30 business days that he was quoted previously

Guess I have another couple of weeks waiting.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:35 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eddmac
Well my employer contacted service canada about my. LMO application, he was told it's taking an average of 8 weeks in BC now. No mention of the 30 business days that he was quoted previously

Guess I have another couple of weeks waiting.
Just get use to waiting, it's now two months since my PR app went in and have heard nothing. Two weeks since the LMIA went in and maybe another 6 weeks to wait on the LMIA or who knows possibly another 8 weeks or more.

Judging by the processing speeds currently for CIC I'm thinking it could be another 2 months before I get PER on my PR app.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Tats just sad....I wonder wat the waiting time is in Newfoundland...Last time too they said the same...tat it will take a minimum of 8 weeks..but got the decision in 6 weeks last time.....hey btw wud u know if the LMIA is resubmitted wud it have a new file no. or the same old one.
Old Jul 26th 2014, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Hoping my LMIA takes 6 weeks or less
Good luck, Mikeypm
Old Jul 26th 2014, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by dishwashing
Good luck, Mikeypm
Thanks dishwashing
Old Jul 26th 2014, 3:11 am

Just a thought but shouldn't this thread be renamed the LMIA Timelines
Old Jul 26th 2014, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Just get use to waiting, it's now two months since my PR app went in and have heard nothing. Two weeks since the LMIA went in and maybe another 6 weeks to wait on the LMIA or who knows possibly another 8 weeks or more.

Judging by the processing speeds currently for CIC I'm thinking it could be another 2 months before I get PER on my PR app.
They're up to May 13th applications now despite the delay from Hurricane Arthur. You're halfway there. This hurricane season is projected to be a relatively quiet one, so I think that NS has already seen its first and last hurricane for the season.
Old Jul 26th 2014, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by bc_guy
They're up to May 13th applications now despite the delay from Hurricane Arthur. You're halfway there. This hurricane season is projected to be a relatively quiet one, so I think that NS has already seen its first and last hurricane for the season.
My understanding is there only up to May 12th applications so it's looking like September at the earliest before I hear anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.