Wikiposts

LMO timelines

Old May 31st 2014, 2:41 am
Just Joined

aparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: LMO timelines

I've been trying to contact my employers...she has always been slow in responding...the advertisement for the said position has been on since nov 2013 and was taken out for some time after the LMO was applied for and the ads appear again now sine 5 days. I really think this whole LMO process and the whole Temporary Worker process should be cancelled once and for all...instead of just playing with people's lives like this....Canada used to be called a coutry of immigrants....I feel so unwelcome here now...
Old May 31st 2014, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Intocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to behold

That is a problem for sure. the advertisement should be running for atleast four weeks before lmo is applied and the advertisement should continue till lmo is approved. Ofcourse, this ad should be in job bank or province website.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 10:28 am
Just Joined

aparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura aboutaparna_otist has a spectacular aura about

So finally I got the news that I was dreading. The LMO was rejected due to insufficient advertising. The ad for the position was on since Nov 2013 in a lot of websites including the company website, but was taken off as soon as I got the offer letter. Since the LMO was applied, there was only 1 ad for the position on the national occupational therapy website. I had told the HR person to continue advertising in all the career sites but she did not listen. Now, she has been told to keep advertising till at least 28 days and then re-apply. Does anybody know for sure if there is a way to expedite the LMO on re-application?
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

If you look at a previous reply to this thread by me in February 2014 you'll see that my OH's LMO was expedited and only took a couple of days after re-submitting. Seems to need the HR person to speak directly to someone at HRSDC. They certainly didn't promise anything - quite the opposite - but since the employer made a case for expedition on re-application it was granted, and was very speedy. They'll be able to re-apply 28 days after the ad was re-posted, which, i think from your posts, is about 3 weeks away.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 11:25 am
Just Joined

I had just called Service Canada to ask the exact time it would take if the employer requests for expediting on re-application. They said if the employer requests for faster processing, they will take a decision within 3 weeks, and there is no appealing a rejected LMO. But what if they reject the LMO the 2nd time too.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Intocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to beholdIntocanada is a splendid one to behold

I think you got to stay positive and your employer should do everything perfectly and then hope for the best.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 10:42 am
Just Joined

LouiseKatherine03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Well we also got the news we were dreading, our Lmo was rejected again, so that's the 2nd time, all based on advertising, the 1st one being because they hadn't advertised it all locally and nationally, and this time they hadn't fully described the full job description, which when I look at it on the job bank, it is clearly the same as all the other job listing on there. They are clearly trying to make money out of this small business and forcing them to recruit a HR agency to resubmit this Lmo. They have told us they will pay for her services but are desperate for carpenters that in the process they will have to grab whoever comes along. How long do you think this process will take now they have recruited a 3rd party representative to resubmit?

So gutted, any advice would be appreciated!
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseKatherine03
Hi Everyone

Well we also got the news we were dreading, our Lmo was rejected again, so that's the 2nd time, all based on advertising, the 1st one being because they hadn't advertised it all locally and nationally, and this time they hadn't fully described the full job description, which when I look at it on the job bank, it is clearly the same as all the other job listing on there. They are clearly trying to make money out of this small business and forcing them to recruit a HR agency to resubmit this Lmo. They have told us they will pay for her services but are desperate for carpenters that in the process they will have to grab whoever comes along. How long do you think this process will take now they have recruited a 3rd party representative to resubmit?

So gutted, any advice would be appreciated!
Its strange that carpenters are on the Federal Skilled Trades Workers list but they are having trouble getting an LMO approved

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Why do you think they are rejecting them, and will a 3rd party recruitment agency speed it up any quicker? It's all so confusing.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseKatherine03
Why do you think they are rejecting them, and will a 3rd party recruitment agency speed it up any quicker? It's all so confusing.
IMHO they are rejecting them as the employer is not meeting or supplying all the info required for the LMO.
Carpenters are skill level B.
This is what the employer has to do
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/forei...al/index.shtml

Are you sure the employer is doing this?
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:45 am
Just Joined

I know...i think instead of rejecting it so many times ......they shd just stop this LMO process and do away with the Temporary worker permit too.......its s way of mentally torturing foreign nationals who hope to get some work experience here.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by aparna_otist
I know...i think instead of rejecting it so many times ......they shd just stop this LMO process and do away with the Temporary worker permit too.......its s way of mentally torturing foreign nationals who hope to get some work experience here.
Sometimes the employer is to blame by not following the guidelines and rules.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:57 am
Just Joined

I agree and I think they should make it easier for first time lmo employers to guide them through the application. My husband had a job offer in November last year and we are still waiting in limbo along with our 3 fed up children. How long would we now have to wait for resubmitting? Do the third party rep have to wait another four weeks before applying again?
Old Jun 8th 2014, 12:46 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Sometimes the employer is to blame by not following the guidelines and rules.
+1

I would say that most of the time the employer is to blame for not following the advertising requirements. It's fully explained in the guidelines so I don't understand why they have such difficulty adhering to them.

Old Jun 13th 2014, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

MovALot has a spectacular aura aboutMovALot has a spectacular aura aboutMovALot has a spectacular aura about

I just had some fantastic news from Canada, LMO positive, that took 6 weeks

Last edited by MovALot; Jun 13th 2014 at 2:14 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.