Wikiposts

LMO timelines

Old Jan 27th 2014, 4:34 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO timelines

Originally Posted by floatsy
I just got off the phone with prospective employer - he said it is likely to be soon as already indicated. He was friendly and upbeat so fingers crossed! Gotta say it is kinda nice of them to wait this long for me
Fingers crossed you hear soon
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

I just got off the phone with prospective employer - he said it is likely to be soon as already indicated. He was friendly and upbeat so fingers crossed! Gotta say it is kinda nice of them to wait this long for me
So, did you get the LMO yet? Also, what's the NOC code for your job?
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! We went for 2171 as I have strong experience here but Ive also done business side studies, requirements studies and business analysis etc.
Good luck
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

After 10 weeks SErvices Canada rang employer and said it was being declined since corporate addess (ie: po box) not listed in job, only the physical address. HR tried to argue the case, but HRSDC held steady and lmo can't be resubmitted until 18th feb. They have told employer (health authority) that they can include a case for it to be expedited when it is resubmitted (ie: job's been open a year with no applicants, and they are turning patients away as below capacity) and so it may or may not be eligible for fast tracking. But HRSDC will not say what fast tracking means in practice - is it a week quicker or 10 weeks quicker? This is the first LMO of many that the employer has had declined - just our luck in our up and down rollercoaster of trying to get to Canada! We got flights a while back as there was a really good offer on, but we were at least realistic enough at the tiem to check they coudl be cancelled relatively cheaply, so we are doing that, and hope things are sorted before our house sale completes. If not,, new adventure somewhere else!!
Old Feb 11th 2014, 12:58 am
Just Joined

scott_b is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I'll be at 17 weeks come Friday and still waiting.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

At 4.5 months it was hard

Good luck on yours, Scott B!!!
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

At 4.5 months it was hard

Good luck on yours, Scott B!!!
When was the exact date of your LMO lodgement? I believe that mine was lodged on the 24th of October. I'm still waiting on an answer. I really hope that I don't have 6 more weeks to wait (which would make it 4 and a half months).
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:14 am
Just Joined

stoney46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone applied to alberta for lmo as mine should be going in soon?
Old Feb 12th 2014, 3:52 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc_guy
When was the exact date of your LMO lodgement? I believe that mine was lodged on the 24th of October. I'm still waiting on an answer. I really hope that I don't have 6 more weeks to wait (which would make it 4 and a half months).
Mine went in April 2013 had the LMO come through middle of September, bear in mind yours has been through the Christmas period which may add delays
Old Feb 19th 2014, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well guys, my BC fast food job unexpectedly got its open LMO rejected for some undisclosed reason. It seems like I'll have to wait all over again for this one to re-apply. Luckily, I have a few backup jobs who are also waiting on LMOs, but I really wanted this one in BC more than the rest of them.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

Further to my previous post about the LMO being declined due to a clerical error, (NOC 3142) it was resubmitted late on 17th Feb, the day we were meant to be flying out! Having cancelled our flights, it was approved today - so that took 3 days. (Plus several thousand dollars in flight cancellation fees and buying new flights). The employer had been advised to write a case for why it shoudl be expedited, and obviously it worked (remember, the previous 'research' had already been done). The case was around impact on patients, not the fact it had been declined for such a small reason.

So now looking at coming out some time in next few weeks with LMO, copy of signed job contract, medical details and money in hand! Luckily our kids, despite only starting their new school year 3 weeks ago, are all pretty happy about it.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 10:25 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sliam37
Further to my previous post about the LMO being declined due to a clerical error, (NOC 3142) it was resubmitted late on 17th Feb, the day we were meant to be flying out! Having cancelled our flights, it was approved today - so that took 3 days. (Plus several thousand dollars in flight cancellation fees and buying new flights). The employer had been advised to write a case for why it shoudl be expedited, and obviously it worked (remember, the previous 'research' had already been done). The case was around impact on patients, not the fact it had been declined for such a small reason.

So now looking at coming out some time in next few weeks with LMO, copy of signed job contract, medical details and money in hand! Luckily our kids, despite only starting their new school year 3 weeks ago, are all pretty happy about it.
Phew - and congrats!

What a pain in the bum though, could you not get your flights transferred rather than cancelled?
Old Feb 20th 2014, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

We could have, but it was $50 per ticket plus the difference in price per ticket (we'd got a really good deal before), and only $150 per ticket to cancel. If we'd known it woudl come through so quick we'd have transferred, but the risk was transferring then later on then needing to pay another transfer fee and potentially differnce as well. There are 5 of us so it adds up! Were also hoping Air NZ would have one of their good offers on sometime soon - but the only one now is to the Pacific Islands, which isn't really much help. We made the right decision with the information (lack of!) we had at the time - we were even offered free accommodation in Canada to wait out the LMO but were very sensible and decided it was a safer option to stay here and earn money rather than come out with no income for potentially 5 months and then be declined again! So, not regretting it, just shows the huge benefit some information earlier in the piece coudl have had.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

It seems like LMOs are taking varying amounts of time for different applications. For example, I was waiting on two separate LMOs from the same visa office. One of my jobs was in BC and the other in Saskatchewan. The BC job was rejected a week ago, but I just noticed that they applied for their LMO long after the job in Saskatchewan did. The last time I checked, BC, the Yukon, Saskatchewan and Manitoba all send their applications to the same Service Canada center in Vancouver.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 6:57 am
Just Joined

LouiseKatherine03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I'm also new to this forum, my husband and I are currently living in England, he was offered a job in Medicine Hat, in November last year after he seen the advertisement on the jobs bank. They didn't have an LMO in place so started the application from scratch, it came back as declined based on the advertising! His employer has contacted a local HR recruitment agent to help expedite the LMO, her fees are pretty high, would it guarantee a positive LMO this time and if not, what should they do if it gets declined (negative) again? So confused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.