International Experience Canada

Old Mar 6th 2011, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

kc85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Third6
I just realised I put the wrong date of birth down for my dad on the application.

It's actually really hard work being as stupid as me.
lol third6 don't worry- if it makes you feel any better- i don't know my biological dad so i simply put in d.o.b field 'do not know-not in contact!' so hey pretty much same thing & tbh @ a guess i rele don't think they will be that anal checking up on that stuff like that so don't worry!

how long till your file being processed now? i estimate first week of april till i hear back- thats if they miss the typo i made on the iec dec- which i'm really hoping- or thats gonna set me back serious time but im hoping they would ave notified me by now @ least if they don't like it!

this is why i wont look over my app anymore cos like an essay im bound to find more mistakes so im burying my head in the sand lol
Old Mar 6th 2011, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kc85
lol third6 don't worry- if it makes you feel any better- i don't know my biological dad so i simply put in d.o.b field 'do not know-not in contact!' so hey pretty much same thing & tbh @ a guess i rele don't think they will be that anal checking up on that stuff like that so don't worry!

how long till your file being processed now? i estimate first week of april till i hear back- thats if they miss the typo i made on the iec dec- which i'm really hoping- or thats gonna set me back serious time but im hoping they would ave notified me by now @ least if they don't like it!

this is why i wont look over my app anymore cos like an essay im bound to find more mistakes so im burying my head in the sand lol
My mum was born in 59 and my dad 54 but I put them both down as 59 for some reason.

My file was sent to London on Feb 21st so two weeks tomorrow. Some people on the Bunac Facebook group are about to start their 5th week of waiting so I think I'm gonna stop worrying and focus all my energy on my dissertation seeing as it's due on April 4th haha.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poubelle
yeah i agree with the pros and cons. a flight with BA is like, £750 excluding tax so I would rather save £500 (that I currently dont have spare!) and sit on a smaller plane.

I've got a job on a summer camp until the end of September. I think I'll go to Toronto for a few days before i'm due there, stay in Haiburton with some days out on my days off, and then hopefully meet some folks who want to travel like I do, and go from there. I'll need to work and play, but a ski season should be quite cool (literally!). Ideally, after doing Niagra and NYC, I'd like to work from Montreal and go West, end up in Vancouver. Maybe then work down with a car and see Seattle, LA and Las Vegas, go back to Canada, work and play again and then come home May 2012.

Ideally..of course.
Some great plans! NYC is worth a visit, not my favourite place in the world but you have to go there! I will be staying in vancouver til at least october as some of my family are flying out so i will want to see them. Ill be going down to Seattle at some point and after the year probably visit LA and Vegas. I really want to move over to Japan then Australia after the year but its all down to money really!
Old Mar 6th 2011, 4:11 pm
Z81
Just Joined

Z81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

I have been reading this thread for the past couple of weeks. My application was sent to London last Wed so am currently waiting on my Letter of Introduction. I am incredibly excited but at the same time terrified that they are going to reject me!

Anyway, was just wondering why you all want to go to Canada. I've been in love with the idea of Vancouver for a long time and after six years of working in textiles in London, I feel like a change of scene. I don't plan to go until around September time and don't really have a clear idea of what I will do once I get there... other than go skiing after work! ha!!
Old Mar 6th 2011, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Z81
Hey guys,

I have been reading this thread for the past couple of weeks. My application was sent to London last Wed so am currently waiting on my Letter of Introduction. I am incredibly excited but at the same time terrified that they are going to reject me!

Anyway, was just wondering why you all want to go to Canada. I've been in love with the idea of Vancouver for a long time and after six years of working in textiles in London, I feel like a change of scene. I don't plan to go until around September time and don't really have a clear idea of what I will do once I get there... other than go skiing after work! ha!!
I have a friend who is a big snowboarder and he loves it in Canada, he says everyone is friendly, relaxed etc and its generally a very clean pleasant place to be so thats why im off! like you im off to vancouver just for a change of scenery!

If your app has been sent to London i cant see it getting rejected
Old Mar 6th 2011, 4:50 pm
Z81
Just Joined

Z81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I think it will be okay! Just worry about it. The idea of getting my LOI makes me practically skip from the tube to work!! When are you going?
Old Mar 6th 2011, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mansfield250
I have a friend who is a big snowboarder and he loves it in Canada, he says everyone is friendly, relaxed etc and its generally a very clean pleasant place to be so thats why im off! like you im off to vancouver just for a change of scenery!

If your app has been sent to London i cant see it getting rejected
You say that... but I've just read someone on the BUNAC page saying their application was rejected at the London stage because she didn't select "no" to the "accompanying you to Canada" despite not having a spouse or children.

Last edited by ChrisBan; Mar 6th 2011 at 4:57 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
You say that... but I've just read someone on the BUNAC page saying their application was rejected at the London stage because she didn't select "no" to the "accompanying you to Canada" despite not having a spouse or children.
Jeez thats harsh!

Z81 - Im going May 13th, cant wait!
Old Mar 6th 2011, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez thats harsh!

Z81 - Im going May 13th, cant wait!
As you got your letter already, what did you do for that first page... leave the spouse/children section blank including the yes/no boxes? I thought Paris checked your application over for this type of thing, because from what the IEC page says, London is about checking your application meets Canadian Immigration law

Last edited by ChrisBan; Mar 6th 2011 at 5:34 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

superhans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I'm another IEC hopeful, and have been reading this thread for a while. Finally got my act together and sent my form to Paris last Tuesday, and it was delivered yesterday.

Now this has worried me slightly. I left those boxes blank too! I just wrote N/A in the columns as I have no spouse or childeren. Surely that makes sense?? What did everyone else do?
Old Mar 6th 2011, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

kimmiebow is an unknown quantity at this point

now im panicing as i didnt mark the no either.

if they reject it for that it is a rediciouls reason as if there is nothing in the coloum then why would you need to say no.

im flying out on wednesday on a visitor visa till mine comes threw but now im panicing about it
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

Anyone have any ideas on insurance?

Just looking into booking a flight now. Though i'm still deciding between flying from glasgow to toronto, spending the night then getting a bus (2days, 23 hours) from toronto to vancouver, or flying from glasgow to london, waiting at gatwick for 12 hours and flying to vancouver direct...
Old Mar 6th 2011, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

As you got your letter already, what did you do for that first page... leave the spouse/children section blank including the yes/no boxes? I thought Paris checked your application over for this type of thing, because from what the IEC page says, London is about checking your application meets Canadian Immigration law
Just checked now and I left them blank, did not put a single thing in spouse, child 1 and child 2 and left the yes no part blank
Old Mar 6th 2011, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just checked now and I left them blank, did not put a single thing in spouse, child 1 and child 2 and left the yes no part blank
Okay sweet
Old Mar 6th 2011, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

mrtomsterman is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread worries me a lot! I also left the yes/no part blank on page 1
I just pray that I get the LOI in my inbox soon so I can stop panicking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.