International Experience Canada

Old Mar 4th 2011, 4:41 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by britishcobra
Yeah maybe, I think IF i get the go ahead and I can have a visa I will attempt to call immigration or email then and ask a few questions. although you can never get a straight answer from them!
Yeah, I definately think it may be a case of 'who you see' at the border. The guy I had last year seemed pretty new/incompetant and just processed it all with barely a question before the expiry date.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 8:17 pm
Travelbug

poubelle is an unknown quantity at this point

What insurance is everyone going to buy? Any good buys found so far?
Old Mar 4th 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poubelle
What insurance is everyone going to buy? Any good buys found so far?
I have no idea, looking into it at the moment but i have no idea what a good deal is!

and thanks for the airtransat recommendation! I have just booked Manchester - Vancouver with them! £253 total, saved me a fortune! Fly out on Friday 13th May and im sat on isle 13!!! Nothing like a good omen!
Old Mar 4th 2011, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

I just realised I put the wrong date of birth down for my dad on the application.

It's actually really hard work being as stupid as me.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 12:24 pm
Travelbug

Originally Posted by mansfield250
I have no idea, looking into it at the moment but i have no idea what a good deal is!

and thanks for the airtransat recommendation! I have just booked Manchester - Vancouver with them! £253 total, saved me a fortune! Fly out on Friday 13th May and im sat on isle 13!!! Nothing like a good omen!
Awesome! Have you just bought a one-way ticket? that's what's currently throwing me, because you can't buy one for like May 2012, and they're non-refundable non-changeable.

I read some reviews about the airline that worried me a little bit, but that's only because I hate flying. I was hoping it was going to be a massive plane but since they work with Thomas Cook, it's not. It'll be okay, but the scaredy cat inside me was like OHMAAAN.

Good work flying out on the 13th! What's your plan when you're there?
Old Mar 5th 2011, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome! Have you just bought a one-way ticket? that's what's currently throwing me, because you can't buy one for like May 2012, and they're non-refundable non-changeable.

I read some reviews about the airline that worried me a little bit, but that's only because I hate flying. I was hoping it was going to be a massive plane but since they work with Thomas Cook, it's not. It'll be okay, but the scaredy cat inside me was like OHMAAAN.

The plane will be a standard size and will be near enough the same as what you'd get with another airline. The only thing that will change is how much leg room you get and what if any in flight entertainment systems... so don't worry about that
Old Mar 5th 2011, 1:04 pm
Travelbug

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
The plane will be a standard size and will be near enough the same as what you'd get with another airline. The only thing that will change is how much leg room you get and what if any in flight entertainment systems... so don't worry about that
I think that's what worries me as they were the 2 things that freak me out - no space, and being bored. As soon as I'm bored I have an overwhelming need to get off the plane. I'm just more aware of this since I'll be flying alone. I'm going to buy an iPhone I think, and just while away the hours with that. And some books. And I'll just hope my knees arn't up towards my chin!

Is your Mum back from her holiday? Have you bought your flight yet?!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got a one way ticket, i dont think you need to have a return flight booked, just need to prove you can afford one!

Im just going to get in a hostel, hopefully meet some like minded people and find any sort of job really! i play a lot of sports so il probably join some sports clubs as well.

you say your of to Toronto? better take some thermals!! whats your plan? got any work lined up?

Edit - the plane should be an Airbus A330 its just a faily standard plane to be honest, i looked at the reviews as well and weighed up the pros and cons but at the end of the day i have saved about £150 so its a no brainer really

Last edited by mansfield250; Mar 5th 2011 at 3:07 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 3:49 pm
Travelbug

Originally Posted by mansfield250
I just got a one way ticket, i dont think you need to have a return flight booked, just need to prove you can afford one!

Im just going to get in a hostel, hopefully meet some like minded people and find any sort of job really! i play a lot of sports so il probably join some sports clubs as well.

you say your of to Toronto? better take some thermals!! whats your plan? got any work lined up?

Edit - the plane should be an Airbus A330 its just a faily standard plane to be honest, i looked at the reviews as well and weighed up the pros and cons but at the end of the day i have saved about £150 so its a no brainer really
yeah i agree with the pros and cons. a flight with BA is like, £750 excluding tax so I would rather save £500 (that I currently dont have spare!) and sit on a smaller plane.

I've got a job on a summer camp until the end of September. I think I'll go to Toronto for a few days before i'm due there, stay in Haiburton with some days out on my days off, and then hopefully meet some folks who want to travel like I do, and go from there. I'll need to work and play, but a ski season should be quite cool (literally!). Ideally, after doing Niagra and NYC, I'd like to work from Montreal and go West, end up in Vancouver. Maybe then work down with a car and see Seattle, LA and Las Vegas, go back to Canada, work and play again and then come home May 2012.

Ideally..of course.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

britishcobra is an unknown quantity at this point

I've flown on the thomas cook planes frequently and they're fine. its simply less leg room but i'm pretty small anyway so i always put my feet up and then the entertainment system is bascically you can watch films and change channels...but you don't realy get a choice. film A starts at say 2pm and then will replay at 4pm so you cant pause it and watch it whenever you want. but yeh if you're saving 500 quid you can't really complain
Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishcobra
I've flown on the thomas cook planes frequently and they're fine. its simply less leg room but i'm pretty small anyway so i always put my feet up and then the entertainment system is bascically you can watch films and change channels...but you don't realy get a choice. film A starts at say 2pm and then will replay at 4pm so you cant pause it and watch it whenever you want. but yeh if you're saving 500 quid you can't really complain
How many carry on bags did you have? I could easily fit in what I need to their 20kg hold allowance. I figure my trusty Dunlops aside, I can get anything that doesn't fit in my hold luggage out there!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

britishcobra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
How many carry on bags did you have? I could easily fit in what I need to their 20kg hold allowance. I figure my trusty Dunlops aside, I can get anything that doesn't fit in my hold luggage out there!
Whenever i've been you're allowed one suitcase/bag of 20kg and a 5kg hand luggage. I've been over a few times, smiled sweetly and the guy has let me off, probably wouldn't work if i got a woman but has worked so far. Although my boyfriend was over last time he was here and they were trying to charge him £75 in the end we took out some jeans and trainers and a bottle of cider and it was then under.. i think the airport scales are a bit dodgy. Although i have seen people checking in wth 2 suitcases to thomas cook so I've been trying to ring and find out if i can and just pay a bt extra but nobody seems to want to answer the phone at canadian affair and thomas cook don't answer my questions!!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 8:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

They probably paid extra to upgrade their seats to premium, by doing so they would get 30k luggage allowance. You can also add extra luggage allowance after you have booked, but before your flight, by going through this webpage: http://flythomascook.custhelp.com/ap...etail/a_id/334

"If you have already purchased the standard 20 Kgs allowance via www.flythomascook.com, any extra weight allowance you require is then classed as excess baggage. You are able to pre-book excess baggage with Thomas Cook Airlines directly."

If you are flying AirTransat (who have much better premium economy cabins) then go to: http://www.airtransat.co.uk/en/gamme...voyageur&id=25 to see the excess baggage rates at check in.

Old Mar 5th 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's what worries me as they were the 2 things that freak me out - no space, and being bored. As soon as I'm bored I have an overwhelming need to get off the plane. I'm just more aware of this since I'll be flying alone. I'm going to buy an iPhone I think, and just while away the hours with that. And some books. And I'll just hope my knees arn't up towards my chin!

Is your Mum back from her holiday? Have you bought your flight yet?!

Going Thomas cook and paying for extra legroom seats is still much cheaper than any other airline. Plus you might find piece of mind being next to the exit. I find with that extra room I strangely get less bored, it becomes much more comfortable and is just like sitting on a couch for a few hours. It's actually not that long of a flight really.

Plus, I'm 6"4 and I had no real issues with legroom in normal seat. Ryanair or sleazyjet are worse.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 12:06 am
Just Joined

moonpalace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, does anyone know if we have to wait to get our accpetance letter before we can go out to Canada? I was told that I'd gone through to the second stage on Feb 4th and have heard nothing since. I booked my flight for the 17th of March. I'm aware that I can't start work until I do.

Argh the suspence is killing me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.