International Experience Canada

Old Jan 17th 2013, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Kassibien will become famous soon enoughKassibien will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IEC UK - I'm in the DARK- New e-apps

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
These 2 x OB Bulletins outline the changes
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2013/ob490.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob486.asp

Efficiency or Govt cutbacks you decide
I think its a conspiracy!!! haha, thanks for the reply. So it appears Febuary 1st is the UK IEC Opening?? I wish they did a easy-to-read version for dummies (ie:me!)
Old Jan 17th 2013, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by acrylicus
ITS OPEN!!!!!! GO GO GO

*EDIT*

Lol it helps to read it all
I was all excited for a minute there But yay for progress!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 6:14 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean we will need to scan our police certs, passports etc and upload them online. Wonder if there will be any quality issues....
Old Jan 17th 2013, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure they will have to account for varying degrees of quality if they want us to scan documents in, not everyone has scanners let alone high quality ones!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LouCouHen
Don't worry, I was surprised to read somewhere above on this thread about the 3 month rule because I have read every single piece of info on the IEC website and always thought it was valid for 12 months. The posts above saying an email from IEC confirming it plus the explanation that the 3 month rule only applies to immigration, as well as my reading of the whole website are all good enough for me to stop panicing. PHEW!!!
Thank god! Im so excited now! ahhhh. As A Blockbuster employee I need some good news!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

onyourradar is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry.. can anybody explain to a dummy what's happening/going to happen?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onyourradar
sorry.. can anybody explain to a dummy what's happening/going to happen?
Wellllllllllllllllllll, Sometime between now and february 1st theyll open the program for the year and give us the full instructions.

From what I gather we'll now have to fill out forms online and probably scan our documents, like our passport and police certificate. theyll then either accept us or not, if we're accepted for a place they will send us a letter, which we then scan through and use to apply for a work permit from the canadians, and provided they accept that we can go start a wonderful new life :-)
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

And so starts that huge feeling of relief!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Greatdane is an unknown quantity at this point

program eligibility assessment (using a IEC-Kompass account); and
work permit assessment (using a MyCIC account).
Does anyone know if we can register for any of these two accounts beforehand?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Greatdane
Does anyone know if we can register for any of these two accounts beforehand?
I had a look and the first one IEC Kompass I couldnt find any links to, and the mycic account there are two kinds to sign up for so id hold off and wait until we're told which to use.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

hayleyke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I'm new to all this
I'm not currently in the UK [funnily enough I'm in Canada for 3 weeks]

Just wondered reolice checks/stuff that'll need scanned, do people think it'll be needed on the initial application - so should I try and send off now so it'll be ready in the UK when I'm back and can be used straight away? Or just send for it when I'm back? I'd send it from here but the form could take 2/3 weeks to even reach the UK...
Old Jan 18th 2013, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

I go to the Us on 27th for 2 weeks. Hope they open before that!
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:27 am
Drop in from time to time

JimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everybody, [Hi Dr Nick]. I've been waiting to apply for the IEC 2013 since last year and was particularly excited when I heard Mr Kenney's news that UK citizens could apply for a 2 year visa from 2013. I checked the FW 1 Appendix E section which states that the UK is eligible for 2 x 1 Year visas but it also still says that Irish citizens get 2 x 1 year and it is already confirmed that they will now get 1 x 2 year visa, so the file may be out of date.

Does anyone know for sure if UK citizens will receive a 2 year visa for the IEC 2013?
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimmyArtnull
Hi Everybody, [Hi Dr Nick]. I've been waiting to apply for the IEC 2013 since last year and was particularly excited when I heard Mr Kenney's news that UK citizens could apply for a 2 year visa from 2013. I checked the FW 1 Appendix E section which states that the UK is eligible for 2 x 1 Year visas but it also still says that Irish citizens get 2 x 1 year and it is already confirmed that they will now get 1 x 2 year visa, so the file may be out of date.

Does anyone know for sure if UK citizens will receive a 2 year visa for the IEC 2013?
I thought it was just speculation!

According to the IEC website it's still one year, but that hasn't been updated with the 2013 update so is likely out of date. I haven't seen any official sources on a 2 year Visa but would be very interested if anyone had a link to one.

*edit*

Just found this, but nothing on the CIC website regarding the transition from a 12 month visa to a 24 month visa.

http://www.visafirst.com/en/news_and...p?item_id=1678

Last edited by acrylicus; Jan 18th 2013 at 10:43 am.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 12:21 pm
Drop in from time to time

JimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond repute

These are the 2 links where I have read about Mr Kenney's announcements, really hoping they turn out to be true:

Article about Irish visa extension mentioning that the UK extension has already announced: http://www.workpermit.com/news/2012-...isas-for-irish

Article about British visa expansion although it also says its 18-35 so not sure of accuracy: http://www.cicsnews.com/?p=1921

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.