Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old May 8th 2012, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Rollios
The whole process is needlessly stressfull, they definately need to rethink it.
Earlier in the thread it was mentioned about the whole process went through an office in France which took 2 weeks to get the LOI!
Old May 8th 2012, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

dan09uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my passed to CIC email today!

my Timeline is:

NOR 28th March

Request and paid on 24th April

Passed to CIC 8th May
Old May 8th 2012, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dan09uk
I got my passed to CIC email today!

my Timeline is:

NOR 28th March

Request and paid on 24th April

Passed to CIC 8th May
Was it just, or earlier today?
Old May 8th 2012, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Rmack1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone received an LOI since the tail end of last week?
Old May 8th 2012, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

dan09uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iBoBBa
Was it just, or earlier today?
i got the email about 30 mins ago.
Old May 8th 2012, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Rmack1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dan09uk
i got the email about 30 mins ago.
Congrats mate, good luck for the final stage
Old May 8th 2012, 6:00 am
Just Joined

jehst is an unknown quantity at this point

My timeline, if it helps anyone...

Confirmation of receipt on Mar 15th
Payment request was on Apr 17th
Sent to CIC email was on Apr 23rd

My 1st year IEC has expired so I am only a visitor in Canada until I get this email.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:08 am
Just Joined

bfresh21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jehst
My timeline, if it helps anyone...

Confirmation of receipt on Mar 15th
Payment request was on Apr 17th
Sent to CIC email was on Apr 23rd

My 1st year IEC has expired so I am only a visitor in Canada until I get this email.
Im in the same situation as you! How do you plan on activating the new IEC visa once you get the LOI? Will you travel down to the states then just come back up?
Old May 8th 2012, 6:08 am
Just Joined

Thfcmatt1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Just thought I would share my experience with you. I am currently living in Vancouver on the 2011 WHP. I am waiting on a new LOI for the 2012 program. Last years app was brutal but this years has been absolutely disgraceful. I got an email stating that my app was eligible and had been passed on to the 2nd phase today (I've made payment).

So I have been told that the final verdict should be out within 6 weeks but I am not holding my breath. Every stage has taken at least 2 extra weeks for me this time around and I will be looking at a total processing time of around 17 weeks by the time it is accepted. Last year took 7 Weeks.

In short, it seems to be the luck of the draw. Eventually you will get your paperwork but you just have to hold on, not make plans and accept that this is the most ridiculous process you will ever need to sit through. Its all worth it though... You will have a great time.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

iamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really nice

Originally Posted by Thfcmatt1987
Hi All,

Just thought I would share my experience with you. I am currently living in Vancouver on the 2011 WHP. I am waiting on a new LOI for the 2012 program. Last years app was brutal but this years has been absolutely disgraceful. I got an email stating that my app was eligible and had been passed on to the 2nd phase today (I've made payment).

So I have been told that the final verdict should be out within 6 weeks but I am not holding my breath. Every stage has taken at least 2 extra weeks for me this time around and I will be looking at a total processing time of around 17 weeks by the time it is accepted. Last year took 7 Weeks.

In short, it seems to be the luck of the draw. Eventually you will get your paperwork but you just have to hold on, not make plans and accept that this is the most ridiculous process you will ever need to sit through. Its all worth it though... You will have a great time.
You should try emigrating. That's where the real fun lies. 7-17 weeks really is, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, absolutely nothing. I'm not saying it shouldn't be significantly easier, but there are folks that have been waiting for 5+ years who have just had the news that their application may be declined because of a change in policy.

Patience is the name of the game when it comes to Canadian paperwork it seems
Old May 8th 2012, 6:17 am
Just Joined

bfresh21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

So true mate,

I thought last year was ridiculous in that you had to send your application to Paris. This year has been a complete disaster for all concerned. Some people getting emails before people others who applied much earlier...etc. Its a complete lottery.

Im in the same boat as you in that Im already living in Vancouver. Its stressful not knowing whats going on especially as I have set up my life here. Im waiting on a payment request as we speak so hopefully I hear something back soon so I can start planning my future here.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iamfriendly
You should try emigrating. That's where the real fun lies. 7-17 weeks really is, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, absolutely nothing. I'm not saying it shouldn't be significantly easier, but there are folks that have been waiting for 5+ years who have just had the news that their application may be declined because of a change in policy.

Patience is the name of the game when it comes to Canadian paperwork it seems
Sure, I can absolutely accept your point. This would be considered a drop in the ocean.

I get the necessity for the utmost scrutiny with Visa's and immigration but it is the lack of transparency for the end applicant which is most frustrating. The vague nature of correspondence you receive... Its just unfair. In all cases I imagine.

What is most frustrating for me is that the application itself if totally simple. Fill this out, insert this, sign that and provide one of these... Done. If it is going to take 17 weeks... Allow me to apply 3 months earlier and don't get our bloody hopes up right?
Old May 8th 2012, 6:31 am

techy2487 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice country or not, there's no excuse for how badly this visa process is operated.

It's pathetic.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bfresh21
So true mate,

I thought last year was ridiculous in that you had to send your application to Paris. This year has been a complete disaster for all concerned. Some people getting emails before people others who applied much earlier...etc. Its a complete lottery.

Im in the same boat as you in that Im already living in Vancouver. Its stressful not knowing whats going on especially as I have set up my life here. Im waiting on a payment request as we speak so hopefully I hear something back soon so I can start planning my future here.
Yeah it is a total lottery. I am the same... Car, Job, Apartment... I'm going to be left with about 2 weeks to make a decision but stay positive. It will come good. Also the weather here right now is glorious. Make the most of it.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

iamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really nice

Sure, I can absolutely accept your point. This would be considered a drop in the ocean.

I get the necessity for the utmost scrutiny with Visa's and immigration but it is the lack of transparency for the end applicant which is most frustrating. The vague nature of correspondence you receive... Its just unfair. In all cases I imagine.

What is most frustrating for me is that the application itself if totally simple. Fill this out, insert this, sign that and provide one of these... Done. If it is going to take 17 weeks... Allow me to apply 3 months earlier and don't get our bloody hopes up right?
I understand entirely and I'm not disagreeing with you. The lack of transparency is something that has been mentioned in countless threads. I really do hope "they" do something about it.

For me, this is my last shot at the IEC as I'm 31 in a couple of weeks. So, if for some reason I've made an error or if I get an 'agent' on a bad day, then, well, I'm scuppered. I intend to emigrate, so this is all part of a learning curve.

Anyway, best of luck Thfcmatt1987, make sure you keep us up to date with how you get on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.