IEC 2016

Old Aug 2nd 2016, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

nmck117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2016

Hi all, first time poster with a question regarding police cert.

I'm in the process of applying for a work permit as is my partner. My partner is from Venezuela and has had to employ a 3rd party to go and obtain her police cert. All we have as evidence is the invoice from the company (which we are getting translated) . If the police cert isn't here on time do we upload the invoice and translation to the "police certificate" section and then include info on a separate letter. And do you think this will be enough? I know it's a guess but if anyone has experience in this area I would appreciate the input.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nmck117

I'm in the process of applying for a work permit as is my partner. My partner is from Venezuela and has had to employ a 3rd party to go and obtain her police cert. All we have as evidence is the invoice from the company (which we are getting translated) . If the police cert isn't here on time do we upload the invoice and translation to the "police certificate" section and then include info on a separate letter. And do you think this will be enough? I know it's a guess but if anyone has experience in this area I would appreciate the input.
Yes upload proof you have applied for one
Old Aug 4th 2016, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Are Venezuelans eligible for IEC?
Old Aug 4th 2016, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

nmck117 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Are Venezuelans eligible for IEC?

She's a British citizen now but lived in Venezuela most her life.

Any input on what I asked?
Old Aug 4th 2016, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

She's a British citizen now but lived in Venezuela most her life.

Any input on what I asked?
Ok, I misunderstood the "from Venezuela" bit of your message, sorry.

Yes, as Chrisban said, upload proof of (& explanation for delay) request for the Venezuelan PC.
Old Aug 9th 2016, 11:47 am
Just Joined

NRGuitarist is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey gang, first time poster here after finding these forums the other day and seeing just how helpful on here everyone seems to be! This thread has already answered a number of my concerns, but I'll throw this one out there anyway.

Basically, my best mate and I hope to move to Canada on a Working Holiday VISA through BUNAC. Due to the now random nature of VISA invitations, is it even worth us planning to go together as we may not get the opportunity due to chance of only one (or neither!) of us getting an invite? Do we know exactly how oversubbed the 2016 VISAs were (for England, not the Irish ones)? Are there large numbers of people who never receive invites?

I've contacted BUNAC about this themselves as I'm curious to how/if people go out as a pair...but surely they do?? I know a couple who moved out there but it was before the VISA system changed (not sure if it was just first come first served back then?) so they have no experience of the new pool/invite system.

Also, on a side-note if anyone on here has gone through BUNAC on their Ultimate Package...would it be likely that a friend and I could apply and move to the same place/gets jobs in the same area? Has anyone done this with a friend themselves? Or do most people go solo or with a spouse or something?

Cheers for any help you guys can give anyway!

Nick
Old Aug 9th 2016, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

You can see information on the UK IEC rounds at Rounds of invitations – International Experience Canada

Initially 5,000 places, later increase to 6,000. 9,234 invitations were issued (not necessarily 9,234 people - people could have declined and been re-invited later), 1,927 were left disappointed.

If it is done as random-draw again next year, then you will have to decide how you want to plan it. Most, but not all applicants get to do it. If you both apply, one might be drawn the next day, the other might never be. You might be in the same draw. You might be weeks or months apart. Nobody knows.

It used to be simpler to go together, as with first-come-first-served you knew if you were through or not, and if you were on the waiting list (and if so, where).

Most people don't use organisations like BUNAC, who cannot guarantee you a draw, and who can offer you next to nothing that you can't get elsewhere for free (the social aspect can be found in facebook groups, the sort of employment they can guarantee isn't hard to get off your own back. It's a very expensive way of getting certainty. In addition, their flights look very expensive - the money you save by not using them would cover quite some time of job hunting by yourself).

I'd say BUNAC have their place, and (at least when I did it) Work America, which needs a sponsor organisation is a great place for them. Work Canada, where they no longer offer any advantage over doing it yourself (unlike say, 10 years ago when they had reserved places), you probably won't gain much.
Old Aug 9th 2016, 2:41 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NRGuitarist
I've contacted BUNAC about this themselves as I'm curious to how/if people go out as a pair...but surely they do?? I know a couple who moved out there but it was before the VISA system changed (not sure if it was just first come first served back then?) so they have no experience of the new pool/invite system.

Also, on a side-note if anyone on here has gone through BUNAC on their Ultimate Package...would it be likely that a friend and I could apply and move to the same place/gets jobs in the same area? Has anyone done this with a friend themselves? Or do most people go solo or with a spouse or something?
I came out alone. I got my IEC when it was first come/first served and you got your initial application in within 2 minutes of the rounds opening so I don't know about the newer lottery system.

I really would not bother using BUNAC as these days they are not worth the money. Everything you are paying them to do, you can do yourself i.e. getting a SIN when you arrive, a phone sim card etc.

You are still going to have to submit the Expression of Interest for the IEC to be in the pool and you will also have to submit the documents and information required by IRCC - BUNAC cannot help you with this
Old Aug 12th 2016, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Tattoocaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just submitted all my documents but just wondering with the medical part. I've submitted the proof that I got it done. Do I need to still submit the actual medical outcome not sure if I saw anything where I can still upload documents. Or does the medical doctor just send them on to them. Sorry for silly ? Just curious. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 6:04 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tattoocaz
I've just submitted all my documents but just wondering with the medical part. I've submitted the proof that I got it done. Do I need to still submit the actual medical outcome not sure if I saw anything where I can still upload documents. Or does the medical doctor just send them on to them. Sorry for silly ? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

No you just upload the proof of medical sheet that they gave you.

The doctors office will send it on to IRCC
Old Aug 12th 2016, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
No you just upload the proof of medical sheet that they gave you.

The doctors office will send it on to IRCC
Thought that. Thank you 😁
Old Aug 25th 2016, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Just want to say cheers to everyone that helped out with my silly questions over the past few months.

Sent all my documents away two weeks ago and got my approval today for my visa. Which I thought was super quick but I ain't complaining.

So if any of you are ever kicking around Taber in the near future. Beer is on me.

And good luck to all who's starting new journeys. I have a year to get my ass to Canada land. And couldn't be more excited :d
Old Sep 20th 2016, 7:27 am
Just Joined

FattyFam is an unknown quantity at this point

Insurance question that I know has already been asked somewhere as I've seen it before but can't find it!

True traveller plus insurance policy - does anyone know if this coveres everything we need to satisfy border officers? Travelling with my wife (also on IEC) and 2 children and family in Canada seem to think that I also need to take out private medical insurance. However, everywhere I've looked seems that you need to already be in Canada to do that? When I spoke to True Traveller they told me they cover most medical expenses however very minor expenses usually fall onto us.

Having 2 young children I'm not really willing to take my chances. Although I also plan to take out private medical insurance if needed, £2000 for travel insurance alone seems a bit expensive?
Old Sep 20th 2016, 10:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FattyFam
Insurance question that I know has already been asked somewhere as I've seen it before but can't find it!

True traveller plus insurance policy - does anyone know if this coveres everything we need to satisfy border officers? Travelling with my wife (also on IEC) and 2 children and family in Canada seem to think that I also need to take out private medical insurance. However, everywhere I've looked seems that you need to already be in Canada to do that? When I spoke to True Traveller they told me they cover most medical expenses however very minor expenses usually fall onto us.

Having 2 young children I'm not really willing to take my chances. Although I also plan to take out private medical insurance if needed, £2000 for travel insurance alone seems a bit expensive?
Have you searched the thread? I think True Traveller has been mentioned before. But the thing you need to check is that they cover repatriation, as the visa is conditional on you having insurance that covers that.

You should also be covered under provincial care, which province are you going to?

And £2000 seems about right to me for a family of four for 2 years tbh.
Old Sep 20th 2016, 10:19 am
Just Joined

FattyFam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Have you searched the thread? I think True Traveller has been mentioned before. But the thing you need to check is that they cover repatriation, as the visa is conditional on you having insurance that covers that.

You should also be covered under provincial care, which province are you going to?

And £2000 seems about right to me for a family of four for 2 years tbh.
Yeah I found out about True Traveller on here somewhere. The plus package definitely covers repatriation. But because it is travel rather than health insurance I was worried it might not be enough to satisfy border officers? Even though it covers medical costs?

We're going to Ontario from what I've found after being there for 186 days and working full time with a contract of at least 6 months we will then be able to apply for provincial health care. Just want to be sure that health insurance isn't something I am required to have on top of my True traveller because health insurance seems to cover the same things so seems it would be silly to have both?

I was expecting around the £2000 mark. I actually thought for the two years that wasn't too bad until family had asked me did I also have health insurance! Which is then another £2000. However if it has to be done it has to be done but I don't fancy throwing away £2000 for another insurance policy that is almost exactly the same!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.