IEC 2016

Old Jun 17th 2016, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2016

Well some people will have declined the ITA and others may have been refused at the WP stage.

S
Old Jun 17th 2016, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

People declining invitations (e.g. trying to go with a partner), ignoring them (e.g. changing their minds about going), being rejected (e.g. criminality)
Old Jun 19th 2016, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

fair play, just wondering, it just seemed like a lot. I guess now that I think about it there were a lot of terrible disorganised or completely daft people who I knew that applied for the IEC last time I did and even forgot they had applied etc.

Thanks for that Vulcanoid and snowy.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Tattoocaz is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry admins i posted a new thread for my ? cause i couldnt find it but then bam it showed up so can delete the other one .

i got my msg last night to say that i have my invation to apply yay took 3 months to the day, started to think it was a lost hope anyway . just want to double check even altho ive re read this thread a billion times dont want to leave anything out .

i have 10 days to accept is this correct and once i accept i have 20 days to send all the documents etc . is there a certain amount of time to wait to find out if its all been approved and if it is approved do i have 1 year from that date to enter canada ,

for talkings sake say it all got done and dusted for end of august start of sept. im heading over to canada in september for just over a month does that affect my iec or can i activate it when im ready etc .

any help would be much appriciated, p.s i love this forum you all do great jobs
Old Jul 20th 2016, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tattoocaz
sorry admins i posted a new thread for my ? cause i couldnt find it but then bam it showed up so can delete the other one .

i got my msg last night to say that i have my invation to apply yay took 3 months to the day, started to think it was a lost hope anyway . just want to double check even altho ive re read this thread a billion times dont want to leave anything out .

i have 10 days to accept is this correct and once i accept i have 20 days to send all the documents etc . is there a certain amount of time to wait to find out if its all been approved and if it is approved do i have 1 year from that date to enter canada ,

for talkings sake say it all got done and dusted for end of august start of sept. im heading over to canada in september for just over a month does that affect my iec or can i activate it when im ready etc .

any help would be much appriciated, p.s i love this forum you all do great jobs
I believe you activate it when you cross the border, which you can do at any point within 1 year of the IEC being granted. Your 2 year work permit will start from when you are issued the work permit at the border.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

i have 10 days to accept is this correct

Correct

and once i accept i have 20 days to send all the documents etc

Correct

is there a certain amount of time to wait to find out if its all been approved

Service Standard is 8 weeks

and if it is approved do i have 1 year from that date to enter Canada

Correct

When you present yourself at the border, you have the choice of activating your permit, or entering as a visitor.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
I believe you activate it when you cross the border, which you can do at any point within 1 year of the IEC being granted. Your 2 year work permit will start from when you are issued the work permit at the border.
yup can concur, my boyfriend got an IEC visa issued last year 31st July (2015), we are entering canada on the 28th july 2016. 2 years starts from then
Old Jul 20th 2016, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone. Appreciate you all taking time out to put my mind at rest lol.

Hope you all have a good day � ����
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Need to ask another prob silly few ?s. I'm going to send away for my police report today or tomorrow latest befor I accept my letter to apply so that's one thing off my checklist.

Problem I have is I don't have any utility bills in my name. Just a bank statement. Our house doesn't get any bills like that cause we pay online or with Mike a light key etc. So I'm kinda worried about that. I have another letter from my back that's not a statement wasn't sure if that would be OK.

Also I don't have a scanner pretty sure I read somewhere I can take pictures of all my documents that I need and upload them one on laptop. Or am I going crazy. � ����� ����
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Need to ask another prob silly few ?s. I'm going to send away for my police report today or tomorrow latest befor I accept my letter to apply so that's one thing off my checklist.

Problem I have is I don't have any utility bills in my name. Just a bank statement. Our house doesn't get any bills like that cause we pay online or with Mike a light key etc. So I'm kinda worried about that. I have another letter from my back that's not a statement wasn't sure if that would be OK.

Also I don't have a scanner pretty sure I read somewhere I can take pictures of all my documents that I need and upload them one on laptop. Or am I going crazy. � ����� ����
Nothing at all with your address, can be pretty much anything official pay slips etc. Even an online invoice that usually would have been sent to your postal address can be used, usually because it's in the same format to what would have been mailed.

Photo can be used, just make sure it's clear
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Nothing at all with your address, can be pretty much anything official pay slips etc. Even an online invoice that usually would have been sent to your postal address can be used, usually because it's in the same format to what would have been mailed.

Photo can be used, just make sure it's clear
Well I have like my work payslips from the nhs. Didn't think i could use those tho. But I mostly just have bank statements cause everything else comes out my bank for direct debit.

Edit- just went onto my sky acc and they had my bill in pdf so I just screen shot it. Has my name and address hopefully this and bank statement will do.

Last edited by Tattoocaz; Jul 22nd 2016 at 6:25 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have like my work payslips from the nhs. Didn't think i could use those tho. But I mostly just have bank statements cause everything else comes out my bank for direct debit.

Edit- just went onto my sky acc and they had my bill in pdf so I just screen shot it. Has my name and address hopefully this and bank statement will do.
Payslip would be fine, feel that falls into category of "anything official" but Sky Bill probably works too.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond repute

We were the same, my boyfriend was allowed to use a letter from his uni (not sure if that is an option for you) worth a try
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys and gals. I'm just worried il mess something up lol. Going to go with sky bill and bank statement. Appreciate the help.
Old Jul 24th 2016, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

FattyFam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I am new to this so Hello Everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me with my IEC application.

I received an invitation to apply for IEC working holiday. I have been trying to fill out the forms and so far so good. It's the supporting documents that have me a little confused. I have 2 driving convictions for speeding. I have mentioned that I have these and now they are asking for supporting documents of the incident? I'm starting to think maybe my speeding convictions weren't something I needed to mention as I have no documentation for these other than the paper part of my license that says I was fined and given points. Should I have included these? (I have applied for my Police Certificate today so I am not sure what it will say regarding driving convictions).

Also, my family will be joining me (wife and 2 children) but obviously not as part of my IEC. Do I mention in the family information form that they will be accompanying me or not?

Lastly, as we are going as a family do I need my own separate medical/travel insurance or can I purchase one policy to cover the 4 of us for the 2 years?

Sorry for all the questions! I have been trying to find the information myself and came across this forum. My cousin took his family to Canada on an IEC (initially) a good few years ago but he remembers nothing! Thanks in advance for any advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.