IEC 2016

Old Jun 1st 2016, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2016

+1 & to Chr'oompa, Beckiwoo & Snowy.

IMO (& I may be completely wrong), OP (OUTDOOR) is either not reading correctly the (very good) advice given, or is not willing to "hear/listen to it" .
Old Jun 6th 2016, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

heatherguthrie is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just had a request to send a criminal background check for a country I only spent 4 months in. Is this normal? Can I contest this request? It will really delay my application.

Is it okay to upload a letter to the required documents section asking for more information? There seems not other way to contact them...

It's for Czech Republic. Does anyone have any experience of getting a police certificate from there, and having it translated to English?

Last edited by heatherguthrie; Jun 6th 2016 at 9:47 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heatherguthrie
I've just had a request to send a criminal background check for a country I only spent 4 months in. Is this normal? Can I contest this request? It will really delay my application.

Is it okay to upload a letter to the required documents section asking for more information? There seems not other way to contact them...

It's for Czech Republic. Does anyone have any experience of getting a police certificate from there, and having it translated to English?
Reply to the request by politely stating you only spent 4 months there and by their own rules a police certificate isn't required unless CIC know something and can request one.
How to Get a Police Certificate - Czech Republic

Section 21(1)(b) of IRPA states this
(b) to become a temporary resident, that they hold the visa or other document required under the regulations and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

That can mean a police certificate or medical certificate however not usually asked for.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

My personal opinion is that you should comply with the request or risk a delay (and possibly a rejection). I'd comply first and question later. That's what I would do. But it's up you. And yes, I know of several people asked to get police certificates when they'd spent less than 6 months in a country although usually for PR applications.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 6th 2016 at 11:11 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Reply to the request by politely stating you only spent 4 months there and by their own rules a police certificate isn't required unless CIC know something and can request one.
I had typed up a polite letter asking to confirm that I definitely did need one as I had only stayed there 4 months. And explaining that the reason why I was questioning it is that I've recently had a death in the family and are quite tied up and I'm unsure about how long the process to get the Czech police check will take.

Do you think it is definitely okay to upload this to the 'requested documents' section that has now appeared. I can't see any other way to contact them.

I'm worried it might hinder my chances of approval but it's so strange I've been asked and I literally am so short on time at the moment to go to the embassy directly.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snowy560
My personal opinion is that you should comply with the request or risk a delay (and possibly a rejection). I'd comply first and question later. That's what I would do. But it's up you. And yes, I know of several people asked to get police certificates when they'd spent less than 6 months in a country although usually for PR applications.

S
I would also usually give the same advice although the request has come at a very difficult time. My grandfather as just died and I must go home for over a week. (Currently in Spain.

Also to apply for the check you must attend an embassy directly which is only in Madrid and the hours are only 10-12. I also know it will need to be translated and I have no idea of the time scales of anything. From previous experience with such things with Czech Republic it can be quite slow. (Admittedly same with a lot of countries)

As I said I would have happily done this if I had known at the start that it was a requirement but I was very thorough reading the guidelines and didn't think this would have been requested at all!

Basically do you think there is any chance they will change their mind and not request the certificate if I have politely pointed it out to them?
Old Jun 7th 2016, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

pbut is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been having a read of recent posts and this is a little off topic, but I've received a letter online stating my application has been successful (hooray!) but at the bottom in smaller print it reads

'Workers are permitted to work in Canada for up to 4 years cumulatively. You are encouraged to keep track of any time you have not worked in Canada and retail any documents which prove the time during which you did not work'

I've had a quick browse on the iec website but cannot find a definitive answer which tells me iec is 2 years only?
Old Jun 7th 2016, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pbut
Just been having a read of recent posts and this is a little off topic, but I've received a letter online stating my application has been successful (hooray!) but at the bottom in smaller print it reads

'Workers are permitted to work in Canada for up to 4 years cumulatively. You are encouraged to keep track of any time you have not worked in Canada and retail any documents which prove the time during which you did not work'

I've had a quick browse on the iec website but cannot find a definitive answer which tells me iec is 2 years only?

United Kingdom Footnote 4Working Holiday 18-30 Open24 monthsOne time Footnote 5No requirementNo requirementNo requirementUK Police Certificate
International Mobility Program: Canadian interests – Reciprocal employment – International Experience Canada – Bilateral agreements
Old Jun 7th 2016, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Determine your eligibility – International Experience Canada

"Description: The Working Holiday category is designed for British citizens who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their trip (up to 24 months)."

Apparently a quick browse didn't include the eligibility page? You have a two year work permit. The letter is informing you that if you can get another TWP, you can work on that for up to two years following a two year IEC. But beyond that, you're going to need more formal status, because that's the limit of the four year cumulative maximum in one go.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

I know the answer to the "2 years only" has been given already but just a little bit more detail about this text.... This is applicable to all temporary work permits, not just IEC. I.e you can't accumulate more than 4 years of temporary work permits, once 4 years are accumulated I believe you have to wait a further 4 years before getting more temporary work permits. That said... if you haven't at least got an application in for PR at that point... no sympathy
Old Jun 7th 2016, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

There are some exceptions to the four year cumulative, including work permits issued under International Agreements (see IRPR R204(a) and R204(b)):

Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Cumulative duration (four-year maximum)

So therefore it does not apply to all TFWs or all TWPs.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 7th 2016 at 8:48 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Castello is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know typically how long it takes from submitting your application to being accepted?

Also, am I correct in thinking that if you are accepted while you are 30 you have 1 year from when you are accepted to enter Canada and start the 2 year working program?
Old Jun 10th 2016, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Castello
Does anybody know typically how long it takes from submitting your application to being accepted?

Also, am I correct in thinking that if you are accepted while you are 30 you have 1 year from when you are accepted to enter Canada and start the 2 year working program?
Assuming you're not having just submitted your profile to the pool and have actually progressed out the pool to submit your complete application, I believe the service standard is something like 8 weeks. That said, some people are accepted in a matter of days, some weeks... it really does differ from person to person.

Provided your entire application is approved and you have your POE letter, you have 1 year to enter Canada from date of issue, regardless of age.
Old Jun 12th 2016, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Castello is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Assuming you're not having just submitted your profile to the pool and have actually progressed out the pool to submit your complete application, I believe the service standard is something like 8 weeks. That said, some people are accepted in a matter of days, some weeks... it really does differ from person to person.

Provided your entire application is approved and you have your POE letter, you have 1 year to enter Canada from date of issue, regardless of age.
Thanks

I was really meaning the process as a whole (assuming I would be successful), I have heard of some taking up to 6 months but did not know if this was unusual.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

just out of interest ,can any one tell me why there is a quota of only 5000 in the IEC for this year and over 8000 invitations issued to date?

Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, just genuinely wondering how the figures work according to CIC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.