IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Feb 1st 2012, 6:49 am
Just Joined

nodpod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Originally Posted by sinbad23
Thanks

Timeline:
20th Dec- Sent my application from Canada via Fedex
22nd Dec- Notification from Fedex that my package has reached the embassy
4th Jan- Notice of receipt from embassy.
10th Jan- Payment requested.
10th Jan- Payment sent.
16th Jan- Notification that my visa has been passed onto the "second phase".
18th Jan- Email asking me if I need a medical examination.
30th Jan- LOI received.

Turnaround time was really quick- considering that there was the Christmas break. Although it did not feel quick when you are checking your emails every 30 seconds....
Hi

Congrats on the LOI!
My timeline of receiving the email notification is similar to yours and I have just got the email about the medical examination.

I'm still feeling nervous about not getting the LOI but preparing for an acceptance anyway.
I am already in Canada from bunac (but that expired a few days ago and I have changed my status and I am now residing as a visitor). Is anyone anyone else in a similar situation and having to buy travel insureance from abroad. If so please let me know, which insurance company you have used - I am paranoid about being scammed. :S

Thanks guys!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 9:53 am
Just Joined

aleppo is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wondering if someone could help me... i am currently applying for an IEC but a bit stuck on the application of work permit form.

Under the details of intended work in Canada i have put IEC as the visa i am applying for but then there are the boxes below about name of employer and intended work? None of this has been sorted and wont be until i am out there so i am guessing i just leave this blank but wanted to check before sending as i wouldn't want it getting held up or sent back for any reason!?

Also does anyone know why the quota on the IEC homepage keeps rising it was at 4,512 the other day but is now up to 4,726? It says places remaining so not sure why the amount is going up?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Old Feb 1st 2012, 10:02 am
Just Joined

nodpod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aleppo
I was wondering if someone could help me... i am currently applying for an IEC but a bit stuck on the application of work permit form.

Under the details of intended work in Canada i have put IEC as the visa i am applying for but then there are the boxes below about name of employer and intended work? None of this has been sorted and wont be until i am out there so i am guessing i just leave this blank but wanted to check before sending as i wouldn't want it getting held up or sent back for any reason!?

Also does anyone know why the quota on the IEC homepage keeps rising it was at 4,512 the other day but is now up to 4,726? It says places remaining so not sure why the amount is going up?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Hi Chris,

If you refer to the instruction guide, it says that you can fill that part in with 'unknown' which is what I did.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 10:03 am
Just Joined

aleppo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nodpod
Hi Chris,

If you refer to the instruction guide, it says that you can fill that part in with 'unknown' which is what I did.
Ah awesome! Thank you so just put unkown in all the boxes??
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

siob12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there! Just wondering if anyone else had this issue?

When you are requested to send back the IMM1295 form electronically, what do you do if you printed out an extra page of it to include more employment history? I've scanned the extra version of that onto my computer, however I wasn't sure how I'd attach it or if that would even be acceptable, so if anyone else had this issue and has a solution I'd really appreciate it!

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

set321go is an unknown quantity at this point

Email visa application problems.

I have sent payment for my IEC application

I am now trying to email an electronic version of the IMM1295 form but I keep getting Mail Delivery Failure notifcation.

I have tried sending to the email that is displayed in the letter
[email protected]

and the one that appears when you click the link

[email protected]

both fail.

The first time i tried with message content and subject
the second time i tried with just subject

the attachment is my WDN and my WDN is in the subject of the message.

Is there a known problem?

I would be instereted in what you have to say about @siob12 question. I was just going to send the complete application minus the extra copies personally
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aleppo
Ah awesome! Thank you so just put unkown in all the boxes??
That should be fine.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Villa Lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by siob12
Hi there! Just wondering if anyone else had this issue?

When you are requested to send back the IMM1295 form electronically, what do you do if you printed out an extra page of it to include more employment history? I've scanned the extra version of that onto my computer, however I wasn't sure how I'd attach it or if that would even be acceptable, so if anyone else had this issue and has a solution I'd really appreciate it!

I didn't bother with the extra page with further employment on. I just sent the validated form on it's own. Mine was accepted with no issues.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:34 am
Just Joined

siob12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Villa Lad
I didn't bother with the extra page with further employment on. I just sent the validated form on it's own. Mine was accepted with no issues.
That's awesome thanks so much for letting us know!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:17 am
Just Joined

DebRob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I wondered if anyone who didn't meet the habitual residency requirements (I've been out of UK for 21 months already) actually managed to get accepted?

I'm considering just sending it off anyway on the off-chance that it will get through. Not very likely but worth a shot...
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

josh9397 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Please!! IEC...

I have sent my IEC application forms off but stupidly forgot to save an electronic copy of IMM1295.

Is this going to cause me major problems?

Has anyone had this experience?

All info is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

h0b0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I too have been getting the delivery status failed message everytime i try to send of the the IMMI295 form. Anybody have any joy/ a solution?

Last edited by h0b0; Feb 3rd 2012 at 9:45 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

The Shad has a spectacular aura aboutThe Shad has a spectacular aura aboutThe Shad has a spectacular aura about

Hey, was applying last year (messed it up and missed the deadline, doesn't matter.)

I'm actually at work at the minute and can't search the thread, I know these questions are answered in the thread, but I don't have time to check. I'm sending my forms Monday, first thing, just got a few questions.

1.) When sending in my cv/resume, does it have to be Canadian style or is Irish/UK style okay?

2.) Also, when filling the forms, I put work and expected duties as "UNKNOWN" because I have no idea what I'll wind up doing. Did I do it right or will I have to redo the forms?

3.) Last question, what visa do I mark it as, holiday, work or other?

Thanks.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

omega4040 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I am currently filling out my application form. I've got to question 5 on the details of my intended work. It asks me to put the expected end date. I don't really know what this is going to be because the job is a permanent contract. Should I just put a date down a year from my start date - which is when the IEC will expire...

Thanks!
Old Feb 4th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

justin_h is an unknown quantity at this point

im having the same problems with sending the email... anyone found a solution?!!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.