Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Jun 15th 2015, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Seemingly random, in both number of people in each draw, and the timing of the draw.

Larger draws closer together is obviously best if you want the score to drop. But there was 3 weeks between this draw and the last one, and then 5 weeks before that. So seemingly no regularity is being applied.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:52 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

I checked ECAS this morning and it has been updated to:

Application received- 4th March
We started processing your application- 5th June
Medical results have been received

Technically this means that we still have 6 months plus to wait from 5th June as the 6 month timeline is from the start of actual processing isn't it? Annoying ats they requested the same document multiple times with gaps of weeks in between so almost 3 months have been wasted
Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sms1984
I checked ECAS this morning and it has been updated to:

Application received- 4th March
We started processing your application- 5th June
Medical results have been received

Technically this means that we still have 6 months plus to wait from 5th June as the 6 month timeline is from the start of actual processing isn't it? Annoying ats they requested the same document multiple times with gaps of weeks in between so almost 3 months have been wasted
I don't know... It might all just rush straight through as they never have to stop and request any more documentation from you. I hope that this is just a formality of going through the motions in their system, rather than going through the whole process again.

Quick question to anybody who knows: At what point in the process are people getting asked for their employment references & police certificates? Is it around the same time as the language test requests (Approx a month after AOR)? It would be great if Express Entry could get a spreadsheet like the spousal sponsorship thread has!

Last edited by KuroKuro; Jun 17th 2015 at 5:52 am.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 8:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Technically this means that we still have 6 months plus to wait from 5th June as the 6 month timeline is from the start of actual processing isn't it?
It shouldn't be. Under the old FSW scheme, the total processing time included the wait to have an application looked at.

So for example, if an application was received on 1st Jan 2010 and the average processing time was 2 years, the clock would start ticking when it was received, even if it didn't actually go 'in process' until July 2011.

I'd imagine it would still be the same under the new EE system, although that is just a guess.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It shouldn't be. Under the old FSW scheme, the total processing time included the wait to have an application looked at.

So for example, if an application was received on 1st Jan 2010 and the average processing time was 2 years, the clock would start ticking when it was received, even if it didn't actually go 'in process' until July 2011.

I'd imagine it would still be the same under the new EE system, although that is just a guess.
That's how I understood it. 6mo from the date the application was received by CIC. Not official, but just validating your opinion with my opinion.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 2:43 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Ohh well that's encouraging, thanks
Old Jun 17th 2015, 2:45 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
I don't know... It might all just rush straight through as they never have to stop and request any more documentation from you. I hope that this is just a formality of going through the motions in their system, rather than going through the whole process again.

Quick question to anybody who knows: At what point in the process are people getting asked for their employment references & police certificates? Is it around the same time as the language test requests (Approx a month after AOR)? It would be great if Express Entry could get a spreadsheet like the spousal sponsorship thread has!
We submitted employment references with the main application but police certs weren't requested until 8 weeks after submission.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

We submitted employment references with the main application but police certs weren't requested until 8 weeks after submission.
I thought you had to submit employment refs, police checks, medical exam, WES, IELTS, etc (basically everything) when you submit your application??

Are you supposed to wait until they request them, in case they expire? I assumed the expiration date (i.e. no older than 3m for the Police Checks) was from the date of submission, not the date they looked at them.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:42 pm
Happy in Alberta

I just realised I have confused the situation sorry haha. We submitted UK police certificates etc with the main application and then had a further request for Canadian fingerprint checks as we have lived here for more than 6 months!

If you don't live in Canada then you would only need to provide them with the UK certificates when you apply
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by kswoosh
I thought you had to submit employment refs, police checks, medical exam, WES, IELTS, etc (basically everything) when you submit your application??

Are you supposed to wait until they request them, in case they expire? I assumed the expiration date (i.e. no older than 3m for the Police Checks) was from the date of submission, not the date they looked at them.
1. Police checks now can't be older than 6 months when submitted.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:55 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

I just realised I have confused the situation sorry haha. We submitted UK police certificates etc with the main application and then had a further request for Canadian fingerprint checks as we have lived here for more than 6 months!

If you don't live in Canada then you would only need to provide them with the UK certificates when you apply
We live in Canada but still didn't need to provide them with Canadian police certificates- they will ask you to request them if necessary..
Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:04 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Tirytory
We live in Canada but still didn't need to provide them with Canadian police certificates- they will ask you to request them if necessary..
Yes, they did ask us to provide one about 8 weeks after we submitted
Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:08 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why the difference? Maybe you have been here longer than us and that's the difference. We still haven't had a request for fingerprints either. Ho hum.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:08 pm
Happy in Alberta

We had already pre-empted that we would be asked for one as we had lived here for more than 6 months so made the appointment to have them done. The day before our appointment with the RCMP we got the request email
Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:09 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

We had already pre-empted that we would be asked for one as we had lived here for more than 6 months so made the appointment to have them done. The day before our appointment with the RCMP we got the request email
How long have you been here? We will be 18 months beginning of July..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.