Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Jun 12th 2015, 11:17 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Degs3112
It also means that they have the money already to go ahead and do the final process without having to inform the applicant and wait for the payment then start the final process. To be fair, how much interest are you going to accrue from $490 in 6 months... If of course, it's a single person application
An email and a payment is what an hour/half a day...

For us it's two... Plus my husband gets paid gross and it's in a high interest savings account.. But it's still sensible advice and applies to many situations.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else get an email saying there was an update on your account/profile, only to log in and see there were no updates/messages?

Bit weird. Got me excited, only to dash my hopes moments later.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 4:08 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Anyone else get an email saying there was an update on your account/profile, only to log in and see there were no updates/messages?

Bit weird. Got me excited, only to dash my hopes moments later.
Yeah last week. I think it means the application is moving down the line wherever they are being processed. We have had a fair bit of activity since we got that email
Old Jun 12th 2015, 5:22 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Another request for another document today. It seems someone is looking at our application almost daily now. Eeeeeek
Old Jun 12th 2015, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

A change to the status of mine would be good.

Over a month since they requested my CELPIP, which I uploaded the same day and nothing has changed since....

We paid everything up-front.

I did an online change of address last week and the website says that even THAT takes 15 days to be processed....
Old Jun 12th 2015, 6:38 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by withabix
A change to the status of mine would be good.

Over a month since they requested my CELPIP, which I uploaded the same day and nothing has changed since....

We paid everything up-front.
We waited 2 months for any movement after submitting CELPIP. Maybe upfront payment doesn't make things move faster (not that we did)
Old Jun 13th 2015, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

New draw this evening! 482 points required, and 1,501 invited.

Of which, I was one! So excited to finally start my actual PR application!

(@kswoosh - Did you get your ITA? You should've just made it!)
Old Jun 13th 2015, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro

Congratulations!!
Old Jun 13th 2015, 11:34 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Jun 13th 2015, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

I got an ITA too!!!

Omg I'm so freaking excited!
Old Jun 13th 2015, 11:48 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by kswoosh
I got an ITA too!!!

Omg I'm so freaking excited!
Yay, congrats
Old Jun 14th 2015, 12:03 am
Happy in Alberta

So......our 'a background check is needed' has gone from 'in progress' to 'not needed at this time' and it's made me nervous grrrrrr I wish there was some actual sense to this process
Old Jun 15th 2015, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Yep yep yep! By the skin of my teeth! I could almost feel the jaws of the scooper scratching my bum as we were extracted from the pool!

So pleased after we only discussed it the other day!
Old Jun 15th 2015, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to all that have just been invited!

Here's to hoping the minimum points drop next time round.

Do they have some schedule to which they send out invitations? seems a bit random at the moment..
Old Jun 15th 2015, 11:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gorbzilla
Congrats to all that have just been invited!

Here's to hoping the minimum points drop next time round.

Do they have some schedule to which they send out invitations? seems a bit random at the moment..
It is random, CIC have said "Express Entry draws are done at a frequency and in numbers that align with CIC’s processing capacity and annual levels targets" i.e. we'll do it when we need to or feel like it.

But they did say that there will be a total of 15-25 draws done in 2015, so that'll give you some idea at least.

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.