Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 31st 2011, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

No movement here either! This is driving me mad... COME ON LONDON!!!
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

I was hoping for some movement this week. Just spent two weeks in Toronto enjoying the Patio season, and life is good there.

Here's hoping for some movement..
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still in Toronto until Saturday and its roasting hot... Patio season rocks!

Though again, no news!!! boo...
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
I'm still in Toronto until Saturday and its roasting hot... Patio season rocks!

Though again, no news!!! boo...
Try out the brie, apple and chicken bagel in Hemmingways in Yorkville
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

michellemck is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so over this wait! Checking the website every Tuesday to see 'received at visa office' is depressing. I've been here in Canada with my Canadian spouse for the past 16 months, not working and generally having my life put on hold while I wait and wait and wait!

So have decided to go the spousal route now! Its an added expense but have most of the information required so hoping to get things off by mid July. I really need to see some light at the end of the tunnel and since the spouse route is so quick at the moment, I could have PR by October!

I'm glad I have a plan B with a much shorter time line but many people don't. I think people just need to have a rough estimate of when, if all goes well, they are likely to get PR. From what I can see on here, the timelines are so varied, its frustrating. More communication is needed from the embassy. Don't tell people to email after 8 months then ignore the emails! We all follow the rules, dot our i's and cross the t's and are still left feeling in limbo! Vent over!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

jss42 will become famous soon enoughjss42 will become famous soon enough

Still no movement, we're almost on 12 months and still not in processing. I'll be writing a letter shortly, hopefully we move from In Processing to Med's quickly but I don't hold much hope....
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jss42
Still no movement, we're almost on 12 months and still not in processing. I'll be writing a letter shortly, hopefully we move from In Processing to Med's quickly but I don't hold much hope....
Just my 2p (cents?) .....i think we'll get some movement in October/November - based on the 13 -> 17 month increase.

Hoping on small miracles also that it will happen quicker.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
Just my 2p (cents?) .....i think we'll get some movement in October/November - based on the 13 -> 17 month increase.

Hoping on small miracles also that it will happen quicker.
I'm just concerned that I'm still not in processing. I'm hoping (sorry!) that I'm not alone and it is just them being slow. Most people from July 2010 have at least had the In Processing update.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jss42
I'm just concerned that I'm still not in processing. I'm hoping (sorry!) that I'm not alone and it is just them being slow. Most people from July 2010 have at least had the In Processing update.
Don't worry from my timeline you'll see you're not alone.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:21 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither, but then I haven't checked for a few weeks.

Might check now...and yep, still no movement.

Last edited by Bali2010; Jun 16th 2011 at 6:37 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks, good to know it's likely just them not strictly doing this in the order they come in.
I've now written a letter since they haven't responded to any on-line correspondence.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

Not good news i'm afraid from London, but it seems to be the standard blurb everyone is getting. Therefore, my November / December guess now seems optimistic.

Reply below for your interest - but coming from Medical Services section is interesting...

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Unfortunately, it will take longer to process Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010) than originally projected.

During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision.

This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the Federal Skilled Worker program in 2011, so many of these applicants will have to wait two years or more to be processed. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (ASV)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

Web site: www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca

Email: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng

Consent & Disclaimer: By supplying your email address (in your enquiry or previously in your application), you are initiating an email communication with CIC, and CIC is thereby authorized to use the email address provided by you for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. When you supply your email address to CIC, it is also understood that you are aware that this channel may not be a secure channel. CIC is not liable for the disclosure of personal information to a third party where CIC has taken reasonable means to ensure the identity of the party. CIC is also not liable for the misuse of this information by a third party.

--------------------------------------
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:48 pm
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi MapleSauce

Not great but as you say it seems to be the standard response

Can I ask how you submitted your enquiry (web portal or e-mail address) and how long it took them to respond? We have mailed an enquiry but haven't heard anything.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pfw
Hi MapleSauce

Not great but as you say it seems to be the standard response

Can I ask how you submitted your enquiry (web portal or e-mail address) and how long it took them to respond? We have mailed an enquiry but haven't heard anything.
Hi PFW.

I sent 3 via the webform and got no response. i then sent a mail from my personal account to the following email address [email protected] this Monday, and took 5 days for a response.

MS.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:55 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back to applying for new jobs in the UK, given the delay in processing.

Anyone else putting the Canada thing on the back burner- i.e. if it happens, eventually, it happens?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.