Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Where is the London office currently at? I received my AOR on the 30 June 2010...

Updates from other people would be interesting please...
Old Sep 24th 2010, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

DoubleD will become famous soon enoughDoubleD will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

I dont think you hear anything for about 6/8 months after receiving AOR.
It would be nice if it was quicker but I dont think it will be
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

my aor was 14 july and i dont expect to hear until nov/dec. my status still say received by visa office. wish it would change soon....x
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

I wasn't expecting anything, I just wanted a group of people with the same AOR timeline as me in the same thread, then we can keep each other informed off updates.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:11 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

We are about 1 month ahead of you on AOR and have heard nothing. Going on some of the guys timelines in the March-April AOR timeline we can expect to wait from 2 - 6 weeks before going "In Process" But who can tell with the way London seem to pick for processing! So I would suggest up to 10 weeks for June AOR's is probably a reasonable expectation to go in process.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi guys, count me in. My AOR was received in August. I wasn't expecting to hear until December. I still check ECAS hopefully though. Luckily I'm really busy at the moment so I'm not thinking about it too much
Old Sep 24th 2010, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, we're early July AOR-ers, not bothered about it at the moment, nothing we can do but wait. It'll all sort itself out in the fullness of time.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

I got mine at the end of August, I'm not expecting to hear anything until early next year.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

DoubleD will become famous soon enoughDoubleD will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
I wasn't expecting anything, I just wanted a group of people with the same AOR timeline as me in the same thread, then we can keep each other informed off updates.
Sounds good!!

Am gonna be booking a recce trip in the next few weeks (for February time)
Whoo whoo - cant wait
Don't know what areas to look at though!

What areas are you guys all hoping to go to?
Old Sep 25th 2010, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

princess caribou is on a distinguished road

Me too AOR received end of August. I've also registered on here just out of interest:

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immig...killed-workers

I could kick myself that we've missed a trick with the Tesco Clubcard points and collecting Airmiles so we've just started collecting now and also collecting via the Airmiles website for online shopping. You need 8000 for a ticket to Canada... and so far I've got 70!!
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

got our AOR in mid August and not expecting to hear before the end of the year, we've just put it out of our minds for the next couple of months
Old Sep 25th 2010, 11:24 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

06 July for me and just plodding along not doing much about it.
I worry they might nit pick as my job is not on the revised list, but nothing I can do about it now.

Just as worried about tryting to get work there should I get PR, given the economy at the moment - hopefully better in 12 months.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Regarding locations, I'm planning on heading to Toronto. Working in the bar/restaurant/events industry. But I'm also a Graphic Designer so I have some options.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

julietaba is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
Regarding locations, I'm planning on heading to Toronto. Working in the bar/restaurant/events industry. But I'm also a Graphic Designer so I have some options.
We got our aor on 24 June - not heard anything yet! I hate waiting!!!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DoubleD
I dont think you hear anything for about 6/8 months after receiving AOR.
It would be nice if it was quicker but I dont think it will be
Personally I am currently dreaming of the day I receive an AOR! Seems the post-June-26 applicants may be stuck at CIC in Canada for quite some time if they have to do eligibility reviews on all the May/June applicants first who have not received an AOR, it could easily be Christmas or beyond when our eligibility review takes place. And that's before we even GET to the visa office.

Am no longer worrying about it and accept it's going to be long delays, doesn't make it any less frustrating though!
Wayne.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.