Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Dec 19th 2010, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Truth of the matter is that we have hired an immigration consultant as we wanted someone to make sure that all the I´s are dotted and all the T´s are crossed and she receives all the paperwork.
To be fair, Sam is fantastic and sends emails and calls us as soon as she hears anything and yes, she did send an email and phoned to say that she´d received a letter to say that our paperwork had been received. She also send me a copy via email and that dates 11.August 2010.

Gaby
Crikey....that will easily the most longwinded answer I have given in a long time! Breaking a personal record here, me thinks...
Old Jan 9th 2011, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone had any news???
Old Jan 9th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

absolutely nothing my end.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

our's stuck on

'Received by Visa Office '
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:35 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing for me!
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

same, nada.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:38 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I note that earlier in this thread there are AOR August/September people adding to this June/July 2010 thread.

It might interest some people to know that there is now an active thread for AOR August/September 2010 .... see you there, and good luck to all

Last edited by james.mc; Jan 10th 2011 at 9:38 pm. Reason: duff spelling!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Any one had any news yet re meds? I for one am getting fed up waiting, don't know how people in the old queue do it. I'd have gone nuts if I'd been waiting as long as some of them have.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

spooky, I was just thinking of sending a carefully crafted email to CIC to see if they had any news......but then I thought, what is the point LOL

no news here :-(
Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

I'm going to send an email to my lawyer to ask if he thinks it will be much longer, may as well ask how long a piece of string is

Martin99 got his visa in 7 months I think, so we were quite hopeful when we applied in January that we would be in Canada by Christmas. It looks like things are moving again but the waiting is driving me nuts

we all hear something soon.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

I think with Martin, 08/09 were the 'golden years' - however, towards the end of 09, and with the impending changes to the FSW, i think there has been a overload in applications. London office handling Pakistan applications hasn't helped neither.

Ho hum... i was expecting some movement too - i have until March from my AOR to send an email 'nudge' as stipulated in the AOR letter - and till July for the 12 months to process.

I've still got my fingers cross i'll be celebrating xmas in Canada this year, but lets see what transpires.

MS

P.S - i got really excited when i saw this thread had updates!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: MapleSauce

Me too I check straight away, I thought things were moving!!!

Anyway, I'm still waiting but I spoke to someone in the March / April Thread and they sent an email to the London office last week and he told me, he would let me know what happens.... I will report to this thread as soon as I know...

BUT yeah, I'm crazy fed up of waiting.... My girlfriend (who is in Toronto) is on my case everyday...

COME ON EASE MY PAIN - GIVE ME MED REQUESTS!!!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:01 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

I am one of the people Fridgedesign has been chatting with: We are May 24th AOR and sent the email to London last week. We got the same standard reply from them that another March 30th AOR received a week before use.

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post to the mailing address provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

We're early July AOR-ers, and are just sitting back and waiting (I did perk up too a little when I saw this thread had woken up!). There's nothing we can do to speed the process up, and thinking about it constantly would just wind us up. I check ecas daily, and two or three times on a Tuesday, but I don't get wound up, it doesn't do any good. All I would say is that every time someone sends a "what's happening to my application?" email, it delays everyone's application a little more whilst the visa officer replies.
I'll start thinking about sending one when the 8 months is up - 6 more weeks at least...
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:17 am
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
We're early July AOR-ers, and are just sitting back and waiting (I did perk up too a little when I saw this thread had woken up!). There's nothing we can do to speed the process up, and thinking about it constantly would just wind us up. I check ecas daily, and two or three times on a Tuesday, but I don't get wound up, it doesn't do any good. All I would say is that every time someone sends a "what's happening to my application?" email, it delays everyone's application a little more whilst the visa officer replies.
I'll start thinking about sending one when the 8 months is up - 6 more weeks at least...
Even sending a polite email at 8 months as we and Cherry Jam did only gets a generic reply!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.