Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Feb 19th 2011, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Congratulations to everyone receiving their 'In Process' status... I'm super jealous... I'm gonna send my 'move your ass' email on Monday...

Concerning the letter does anyone wanna post want they wrote in their letter/email?
Old Feb 19th 2011, 5:44 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
Congratulations to everyone receiving their 'In Process' status... I'm super jealous... I'm gonna send my 'move your ass' email on Monday...

Concerning the letter does anyone wanna post want they wrote in their letter/email?
Here you go!

Dear Sir / Madam,
Case number XXXXXXXXXXX
We applied for Permanent Residence via the Post Feb 2008 Federal Skilled Worker route on 25th January 2010 and received the AOR from you on 24th May 2010. It has now been 8 months since we received the AOR and our application still shows as "received by visa office" on ECAS. As per your AOR letter we are sending this case specific email, as we have not had any further instructions from you for 8 months!
Please can you advise when we should be processed or if you require further info from us?
Kind regards,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:07 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Mac2
Here you go!

Dear Sir / Madam,
Case number XXXXXXXXXXX
We applied for Permanent Residence via the Post Feb 2008 Federal Skilled Worker route on 25th January 2010 and received the AOR from you on 24th May 2010. It has now been 8 months since we received the AOR and our application still shows as "received by visa office" on ECAS. As per your AOR letter we are sending this case specific email, as we have not had any further instructions from you for 8 months!
Please can you advise when we should be processed or if you require further info from us?
Kind regards,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Have you looked at the processing times (for I assume London) for post February applications? It is 13 months for 80% of the applications.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 7:52 am
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Have you looked at the processing times (for I assume London) for post February applications? It is 13 months for 80% of the applications.
Yes we have, however for all the applicants before us on the post feb 2008 stream except for one or two with similar timelines. 8 months at "received by visa office" was unusual! I took advice and was advised to chase London up. It also states to do this in the AOR letter. Another thing to remember is if London have sent you a letter asking for more information and you fail to respond due to it going missing in the post you will be rejected without further attempts at contact. So best not to wait for ever before sending them an email!
Old Feb 20th 2011, 8:38 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mac2
Yes we have, however for all the applicants before us on the post feb 2008 stream except for one or two with similar timelines. 8 months at "received by visa office" was unusual! I took advice and was advised to chase London up. It also states to do this in the AOR letter. Another thing to remember is if London have sent you a letter asking for more information and you fail to respond due to it going missing in the post you will be rejected without further attempts at contact. So best not to wait for ever before sending them an email!
I agree with Mac2's approach.

1) If the AOR letter says 8 months then 8 months it should be, until they start pumping out letters that say (maybe) 9 months or 10 months. Basically you would be doing nothing other than following their instructions. Can't see anyone faulting that.

2) What Mac2 says about missing request for more information letters is also very pertinent as it may help protect an application against that missed letter scenario, as rare as it may be.

IMHO Sending a case specific letter at the 8 month point is playing it safe and exactly what I will do when the time comes. Generic reply or not, it's worth doing, rather that trying to second guess fluctuating processing periods, doing nothing and waiting in the hope that you haven't slipped through the net somehow.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Did you send the enquiry via a certain email address or via the form on the website?
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:47 am
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
Hi

Did you send the enquiry via a certain email address or via the form on the website?
Via the web site
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Message sent, fingers crossed I hear something soon
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

We've just sent an email too, both the wife and I have just changed jobs so we used the excuse of informing CHC about this as an excuse to email, although our 8 months are up in a couple of weeks anyway. Hate bothering them but it has seemed to yield results recently.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

OMG! Just checked ecas and we are finally "In Process"!

A week after e-mailing CHC re 8 months since AOR. Can't believe it. for med requests soon.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracys
OMG! Just checked ecas and we are finally "In Process"!

A week after e-mailing CHC re 8 months since AOR. Can't believe it. for med requests soon.
Sweet! Good stuff, happy for you
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Sweet! Good stuff, happy for you
Thank you.

My OH checked it for first time, he must have the touch
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Congrats!!!!!

It's a great feeling!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations, that is fab news
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.