Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

thanks

actually, the nerves are amplified more so now since we've got so much invested in Canada
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

great news to all of you who moved into process today. awesome feeling!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Congrats spaceace! things go smoothly for you this time round.

Last edited by tracys; Feb 8th 2011 at 6:57 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tracys
Congrat spaceace! things go smoothly for you this time round.
Ditto what tracys said
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

thank you
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

good luck
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

AWESOME NEWS GUYS!

jealous! boo
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

So happy for you guys!!! You must be ecstatic! Just hope it´s our turn soon....
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:29 pm
Sean Bean's Unknown Twin!

HarryHeck is a name known to allHarryHeck is a name known to allHarryHeck is a name known to allHarryHeck is a name known to allHarryHeck is a name known to allHarryHeck is a name known to allHarryHeck is a name known to allHarryHeck is a name known to allHarryHeck is a name known to allHarryHeck is a name known to allHarryHeck is a name known to all

Congratulations to all who got updates yesterday!

Incredibly jealous ; hope that ours turn up soon!

*Goes back to CIC to check ECAS for the 8th time today...*
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Don't get all excited we haven't gone "in process" yet

My lawyer sent a case specific e-mail to CHC London yesterday, requesting an update as it will be 8 months since AOR next week. She was reluctant to do it as they have clients ahead of us who are still awaiting processing, but the AOR letter clearly states to contact at 8 months if not heard from them.

Not expecting anything other than the usual, still waiting for an officer to process, but wanted to follow their instructions as I felt there must be a point to them asking us to e-mail? You never know, might gee them up

Getting pretty fed up and frustrated by the whole thing, been a long process for us since decision to do it in 2006, (getting qualified before could apply cos didn't have the points), and desperate to go now.

My youngest is due to start high school in September so want to get to Canada before then, where he'll repeat year 6. I think it will be confusing for him to start seniors here and then go back to elementary there.

I know it's not the worst thing that could happen but just feel it would be better for him, don't think he's ready for high school yet.

Anyway, moan over, back to trying to carry on as normal while waiting for the powers that be to decide my families future.

We all hear something soon.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got the usual reply back for CHC today;

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post to the mailing address provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (LIB)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

As I expected but a bit worrying if they don't even know if we are in process yet!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

My 8 months is up next week and I was going to email them but I'm thinking not now, seems a waste of time...

Ah well, keep waiting...
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:39 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
My 8 months is up next week and I was going to email them but I'm thinking not now, seems a waste of time...

Ah well, keep waiting...
We emailed them at 8 months and got the same reply as Tracys. A week later we went into process. Apparently they do get your file out when you email. So who knows if our email prodded them into action! I still think it's worth reminding them at 8 months as they ask you to do in the AOR letter.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice

I'm late to the table with my own update here but just to let people know that my application status changed to "In Process" on February 8th also. My AOR was dated July 14th 2010.

I did e-mail the London visa office via the case specific enquiry online form at the start of February because I wanted to let them know that I would be submitting additional documentation and a letter updating them on my circumstances (permanent job offer, new TWP, common-law partner status etc.) so I also wonder if that may have prompted them into action.

I also received a fairly standard response, which led me to believe that they didn't even really read my e-mail properly. However, they do add any further documentation that you supply and any update letters of a change of circumstances to your file, so I hope they have done that by now (seeing as how I am now 'in process').

So, it's another round of playing the waiting game!

Hope other June/ July AOR's get their status update soon,
N.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

That is very spooky as your timeline is nearly identical to mine, and I sent updates to my forms at the beginning of February, as my sister moved house in Toronto.

I got an acknowledgement that they received my request for updates, and a week later, my application was "in process"...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.