Wikiposts

The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Sep 6th 2012, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

trinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Should only be a couple of weeks now for you OB once you get the extra info to them - we know they've looked at yours at least, so surely can't take too long.

I guess now we're just waiting on the background checks which, with 4 years in USA, will presumably take ages. Can live with that though so long as meds received means they are ok!

Also shows that ECAS is updated more than just Tuesdays - I knew it was worth checking every five minutes

Last edited by trinny; Sep 6th 2012 at 7:36 pm. Reason: Because I'm a Dingbat and got over excited!
Old Sep 6th 2012, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Ontario Bound is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having a bit of a nightmare at moment. The bankers draft my Canadian immigration consultant (i know i know! I wish i knew of this site earlier!) insisted I send to her for checking, doing cover letter and passing on to CHC London is still in transit in post

It's been sitting in some London 'facility' since 22 August with no movement. We've tried chasing up Canada Post/Royal Mail but neither can advise us of its whereabouts

The 60 day deadline is up on 23 September.

I'm going to request a new draft and post it directly myself to CHC and cancel the lost/delayed one (and hope we don't lose too much money with exchange rate, fees etc)

Aaargh!
Old Sep 6th 2012, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Oh nightmare, you must be almost beside yourself.

I'd definitely cancel the draft and get a new one - send it special delivery - but make sure you put a return address on the envelope in case there are problems, otherwise it has to go to Ireland before they can return it to you - I nearly had kittens when mine was marked as 'unable to deliver' and post office customer service told me that!

Do you still have a copy of the request document to put in with it?
Old Sep 6th 2012, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Yes, I made multiple copies of the request letter

Not sure what consultant can/will do but going to vent this afternoon on phone and tell her what I'm now going to do to sort this.

OB
Old Sep 6th 2012, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, what a nightmare - good luck!
Old Sep 6th 2012, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ontario Bound
Hi

Yes, I made multiple copies of the request letter

Not sure what consultant can/will do but going to vent this afternoon on phone and tell her what I'm now going to do to sort this.

OB
Good luck, I hope it gets sorted quickly.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you

Our priority is to get a bankers draft to CHC before 23 Sept. Will order one tomorrow. It *should* arrive in time to be sent/delivered to CHC by then.

The cumulated stress is actually making me unwell ;(
Old Sep 6th 2012, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ontario Bound
The cumulated stress is actually making me unwell ;(
:Hugs: I know what you mean! Hopefully it won't be too long before we can look back at all this and laugh.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

OB your in my thoughts... try and stay strong, I think the worst thing when things like this happen is the feeling of helplessness and not having any control over circumstances that impacts on your future......

Trinny congrats on the medsreceived.... as you know, someone in the know is it definate that when you receive this line that all is good with medicals???

Ok ladies only one thing for all this stress
Old Sep 7th 2012, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anne-ireland
Trinny congrats on the medsreceived.... as you know, someone in the know is it definate that when you receive this line that all is good with medicals???
They just know someone there, and that there's been a backlog, presumably due to the olympics?

I hope it means all is good, but don't know to be honest - if I find out I will pass it on for sure.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Aw bless you all

Feeling better for having a plan of action Have emailed CHC to advise them of the delay (and circumstance) with RPRF.

The letter re: further medical info for 6yo should reach DMP on Monday which will involve a simple letter from GP.

We have another house viewing on Monday. Wish us luck

There may be a glass of prosecco had tonight

Anyway, enough of my moans! How's everyone else bearing up?

OB
Old Sep 7th 2012, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your house viewing OB! I think I need more than one glass of prosecco mind....

Still waiting for meds, and having a "down" day when I wonder if it will actually happen and then I start stressing about our lack of Plan B. Everyone says there are so many different ways to get to Canada but I don't think there are that many that actually are relevant to us.... I keep having to pinch myself and say it's not actually been that long but it seemed to move so quickly early on and the longer it takes the more nervous I get. Surely if they had needed more info from their background checks (other than the French police certificate and FBI criminal record check) plus the updated forms, they would have requested it at the same time????? Surely?? That would be logical right? I live in fear that we will get another letter requesting another load of documents about something else (although god knows what, I think we've told them everything!) Grrrr

Sorry guys!! That's my rant over! And as I'm stuck in the office (with nothing to do) I can't even turn to alcohol!
Old Sep 7th 2012, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

The fact they've asked for these documents is a positive sign. I think they need all the boxes ticked before issuing med. requests.

I think you will get the requests soon Hang in there (((hugs))).

OB
Old Sep 7th 2012, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks OB
I daren't think that it might be a good sign!!!

have a good weekend everyone! Positive thoughts all round!
Old Sep 7th 2012, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

And you

Chin up, we WILL get there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.