2007 queue - where are we up to?

Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

Originally Posted by chintu
Hi CP,

Please have a look at http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immig...d-workers/1146

Do read the post by stelyanos on 04 Aug 2010.

Its a case somewhat like yours. Best of Luck.

Chintu
Cheers for that not sure when if we will hear anything
Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maxrevs
Can't really believe it. We got an e-mail totally out of the blue this morning asking for our passports

Talk about just in time. Having been in Canada since Jan 2008 (on a mixture of study, graduate and work permits) technically we were supposed to leave on August 14th!

The end is finally in sight for us. Here's hoping that things pick up for everyone else in the 2007 pile
Fantastic news, just in the Nick of time eh xxx
Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

milliemum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all, we applied at the start of 2008 (skilled worker application)and got our AOR in March 08. We have not heard anything yet but wondered if cic send out the document request letter via a letter or an e-mail. Our post is a bit haphazard. Thanks in anticipation of a reply.

Anna
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:52 pm
Been here a while ...

prairiedog has a brilliant futureprairiedog has a brilliant futureprairiedog has a brilliant futureprairiedog has a brilliant futureprairiedog has a brilliant futureprairiedog has a brilliant futureprairiedog has a brilliant futureprairiedog has a brilliant future

Hey folks!

crazy72 . . . c'mon let's be a little more positive . . . keep the faith!

I feel a bit of a hypocrite as I posted a doom-n-gloom post a few weeks ago but I refuse to get too depressed. Life is for livin' both sides of the Atlantic. Surely....if anyone was in such a desperate state, they wouldn't have the resources to dig themselves out...or give themselves a choice.

Everyone needs to burst thru' the negative issues and the frustration of waiting. That shows true dedication to the cause.

I respect crazy72's viewpoint but I can't say I agree. Although good assumptions are made they don't stand scrutiny.

Yes - I agree, anyone post Feb 26th 2008 may end up in a muddle. Personally, being a 2007er, I simply can't keep up with the changes.

Yes - we are in for a longer than expected wait. Like most - when I got the random "do you want to cancel your application as we are about to assess it" letter 2yrs ago - I became painfully disappointed when this turned out to be a red-herring. I also feel foolish when I look back as I started planning / restricting our entire life around the pending brown letter dropping thru' the door. I have, however, made a good start on our way-out-west fund!

As CP states above, the London visa office states on their AOR letters (and have done for the past 6-8 years) that the wait before you hear anything from them is 42-48mths; not that you will have PR's by then. So, their current performance - even for the current 2007ers - is not horrendous just incredibly annoying. It isn't easy giving that perspective as I'm an October-07er. If I were a June-07er... I may be landing this Christmas, like so many before me.

No - the Canadian government is unlikely to suddenly apply wider interpretations of legislation simply to erase the backlog. They could have done that years ago. Many times over ...

No - I can't see them cherry-picking occupations from the pre-Feb'08 group. That would be illegal and the law is clear. (I know governments do illegal things ... I'm not naive!) but hey this is 'shop-window' stuff. Those pre-Feb'07 candidates will effectively remain and be processed in-line and will be assessed on the criteria set at the time. Besides, in the UK there are not a massive amount of apps left over. The 'great untouched' seem to fall between Sept '07 - Feb '08. As I understand it, they reviewed the occupations of the pre-Feb'08 to give them an idea of how the post-Feb'08 applications would evolve - I don't know for sure. There's no evidence of people jumping the queue on trackitt for example. (Poor coffee-pot!! heart goes out!).

My therapy and pep-talk over.

Thanks for reading...anyone got any other views...?

P.S. trackitt ? - I wonder what % this represents of those actually waiting for processing via London 10% more; less? anyone know?

Last edited by prairiedog; Aug 4th 2010 at 10:00 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

I'm not trying to be negative, I only try to point to facts and figures, so everyone can realistically assess his or her situation.

Quarterly report as of March 31, 2010 from CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...0-Q1/index.asp

shows the following numbers of FSW applications in the inventory:

FSW submitted on/after Feb 27 2008 - 161,959

FSW submitted before Feb 27 2008 - 374,827

Above numbers represent 372,505 (past 02/2008) and 862,102 (pre 02/2008) people waiting (statistical 2.3 people per application).

[I'm eagerly waiting for 2010 Q2 report, which so far is delayed by over a month. We should see the more current numbers there and I can bet the numbers will be more depressing ....]

Target for 2010 in FSW is about 102,000 visas - thus only past 02/2008 applications in the inventory represent 3.6 years of visa quotas. While the Ministerial Instructions and Action Plan required post-Feb 27 2008 applications to be processed in 12 months or less. Mission impossible already, regardless the fact that the processing priority given to post 02/2008 applications remains in force.

With the inventory of post 02/2008 applications exceeding 3.6 years of immigration targets (visa quotas) only someone very optimistic may hope for miracle to happen with pre 02/2008 case without arranged employment if update request letter was not yet received.

Of course you may say that backlog varies from visa post to visa post - yes, correct. But CHC London is among 5 visa posts with the highest backlog versus visa quota ratio, exceeding the average by far.

The backlog of pre-02/2008 applications represents the statistical 8.5 years of visa quotas. And again - CHC London's ratio of backlog versus their visa quota is well higher than statistical average.

CIC claims that they were able in 2009 to catch-up a little with the pre 02/2008 backlog. But they forgot to mention that the main reason for lower number of applications received in 2008 (processed in 2009) was the fact that almost nobody submitted application without arranged employment in the period March-November 2008, as publishing of first Ministerial Instructions was delayed until Nov 28 2008. So, they simply didn't receive 75% of average annual influx of FSW applications due to this simple fact and they were using available resources and visa quotas to process small portion of the backlog. As result some 2007 applicants got lucky. I can't see the very same reason happening now....

Allow me to say it loudly - I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, all I am trying to do is to show the realistic outlook (supported by CIC's own numbers) in order to motivate pre Feb 27 2008 FSW applicants to find arranged employment or other way to get to Canada.

Why sit, wait and hope for miracle - wouldn't it be better instead to be proactive and take your own future to your own hands?

One more observation and some hard questions. Everyone so believes in CIC proclaiming their commitment to process pre Feb 27 2008 applications and eliminate the backlog. There was a very simple way to do it - CIC could have suspended the FSW program for few years, concentrate on processing the backlog and make everyone happy. Of course it could have been easy done if CIC was really interested in getting all qualified applicants from the backlog to Canada. Why CIC didn't do it???? Why introduction of new eligibility process with 12 months or less processing time and giving new applicants the processing priority? It somehow tells me that CIC doesn't have much interest in the skills of majority of applicants waiting in the backlog. To harsh to swallow by those waiting for miracle? Too bad.

I still hope to stir some emotions here and motivate all in the backlog to take control of their dream and future.

Last edited by crazy72; Aug 5th 2010 at 6:15 am.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:00 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Good post Prariedog.

I'm not 100% sure what crazys' problem is with us 2007ers but I have a few ideas! That i'm not going to go into yet!

He states he has/is applying for an investor visa, yet seems have have vast ammounts of info on SW visas. Why get involved? He says hes travelling the far east at the mo, again why get involved with us? I'm sure there are a million and one better things to do out there! Well infact I know there are. But no he prefers to come on here spreading doom and gloom and getting to people who can't see straight through him! And why be so rude? There's just no need!

I still hope to stir some emotions here and motivate all in the backlog to take control of their dream and future. From Crazys' post above. Why whats it to do with you? Why do you care? Wont be all be better off if we go in a few years anyway?

I'm sure there will now be a long post with lots of big words to shoot me down as he is obviously better educated that I am with a better vocab, but hey thats life!

Anyway I guess what I am trying to say is hang in there guys we will get there and don't let a gloom and doom merchant get to you!
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

Falcore, which part of "you are fine" you don't understand?

My posts are addressed to the general population of pre-Feb 28 2008 applicants who have not yet received the file update request.

You are not among them.

What are my motives? Maybe I just care and have nothing better to do. You wanted source of info earlier, so I provided it with some explanation of numbers and what they represent. You on the other hand never found yourself the info I provided links to in my posts above, you challenged me to provide links. You got what you asked for.

Now, maybe you can learn thing or two too and contribute here with some solid advice supported by evidence?

One could also ask you the question - why you are so motivated to tell the audience that they shouldn't worry? Are you scared that maybe... maybe some will listen to me, update their cases with arranged employment and jump ahead of you in the processing queue?

Maybe....

Last edited by crazy72; Aug 5th 2010 at 10:18 am.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:25 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crazy72
Falcore, which part of "you are fine" you don't understand?

My posts are addressed to the general population of pre-Feb 28 2008 applicants who have not yet received the file update request.

You are not among them.

What are my motives? Maybe I just care and have nothing better to do. You wanted source of info earlier, so I provided it with some explanation of numbers and what they represent. You on the other hand never found yourself the info I provided links to in my posts above, you challenged me to provide links. You got what you asked for.

Now, maybe you can learn thing or two too and contribute here with some solid advice supported by evidence?

One could also ask you the question - why you are so motivated to tell the audience that they shouldn't worry? Are you scared that maybe... maybe some will listen to me, update their cases with arranged employment and jump ahead of you in the processing queue?

Maybe....
I am not getting involved with you anymore. After I post this you are going on ignore so I don't have to listen to your drivel.

But just so we are all clear.

1) I do understand what you are saying. But I don't have i'm alright jack mentality.
2) Its got a lot more to do with me than it has you, as i'm a 2007 applicant.
3) I have no intention visa or not of going to Canada within 2 years.
4) The people on this thread have become my friends, why would I try to stab them in the back? Again thanks for being so rude.
5) If everyone still waiting gets in to Canada next week I will hand on heart be thriiled for them.
6) You have yet to provide any evidence of what you are spouting, just your interpritation.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:32 am
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Falcore
I am not getting involved with you anymore. After I post this you are going on ignore so I don't have to listen to your drivel.

1) I do understand what you are saying. But I don't have i'm alright jack mentality.
4) The people on this thread have become my friends, why would I try to stab them in the back? Again thanks for being so rude.
5) If everyone still waiting gets in to Canada next week I will hand on heart be thriiled for them.
6) You have yet to provide any evidence of what you are spouting, just your interpritation.
Well said Falcore, there are lots of different reasons why people don't get themselves jobs before emigrating. In my line of work, for example, it is impossible to even be considered unless you already have PR. Even then citizens have priority.

Some peole need to butt out and leave us all alone.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

did I strike a nerve?
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:33 am
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

did I strike a nerve?
No, I just don't agree with most of what you say
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by T-Pot
No, I just don't agree with most of what you say
You don't agree with CIC's own numbers and reports?

Can you provide more optimistic numbers from CIC's sources that contradict numbers I provided? I'll be happy to read them.

Last edited by crazy72; Aug 5th 2010 at 10:44 am.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:49 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by T-Pot
Well said Falcore, there are lots of different reasons why people don't get themselves jobs before emigrating. In my line of work, for example, it is impossible to even be considered unless you already have PR. Even then citizens have priority.

Some peole need to butt out and leave us all alone.

Could not agree more! Thats why hes on ignore now, took me a while to work that out!

I think hes just a bored forum troll. Hopefully he will find another forum to annoy soon!

Anyway stop posting on this forum and go get yourself a job in canada you lazy T-Pot you. Do you not want to live your dreams?
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:50 am
BE gremlin

Could not agree more! Thats why hes on ignore now, took me a while to work that out!

I think hes just a bored forum troll. Hopefully he will find another forum to annoy soon!

Anyway stop posting on this forum and go get yourself a job in canada you lazy T-Pot you. Do you not want to live your dreams?
I've got to get myself a job in the UK yet! Canada can blimmin well wait. Still don't get what Crazy72 is on about tho....
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:51 am
BE gremlin

You don't agree with CIC's own numbers and reports?

Can you provide more optimistic numbers from CIC's sources that contradict numbers I provided? I'll be happy to read them.
And if I understood what the hell you are banging on about I may be inclined to agree with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.