British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   2007 queue - where are we up to? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/2007-queue-where-we-up-613186/)

singingringingtree Jun 5th 2009 9:28 pm

2007 queue - where are we up to?

Haven't heard much lately about the progress of the 'old' queue. Just wondering if any late April/May 07 applicants have had 90-day letter recently?

transatlantic Jun 6th 2009 12:39 am

Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

I was 15th March 07, got the letter 15th April I think.

Coffeepot Jun 6th 2009 6:54 am

Originally Posted by singingringingtree (Post 7638457)
Haven't heard much lately about the progress of the 'old' queue. Just wondering if any late April/May 07 applicants have had 90-day letter recently?

We are AOR april 07 nothing yet, thought we may have had an update letter about now ?

Falcore Jun 6th 2009 8:45 am

Looking at Trackitt they seem to be up to April 2007 apps. Though looks like the May apps should be getting something soon.

I'm just wishing the time away till my letter gets here :o

ellejay Jun 6th 2009 9:15 am

Hi, we were June 07 and we got our 90 day letter April 15th.:D Although it has all been held up now as we were dealing with it through 4 Corners. Now in the process of getting our case file back from them to deal with it ourselves!!:(

Lisa

Robin (The Gadget family) Jun 6th 2009 12:41 pm

Hi all,

We are July 07 and haven't heard anything yet.

In fact I don't really want to hear until after our 6 weeks in Canada this summer otherwise we will be short of time within our 90 days!!.....

Knowing my luck it'll arrive during our absence.....so I am filling in the various forms and getting docs together just in case, though the police certs are only valid for 3 months so no point in doing them now.

I am in the process of getting certified copies of our birth certificates for £7each direct from the registry offices of of place of birth....a very easy but time consuming process.

I'm sure there are others who would like to hear as soon as possible so good luck to those....it looks like people are hearing about a month or so after the two year mark...:ohmy:

Northernlass1 Jun 6th 2009 1:27 pm

Hi
we applied end of May 07 with a July 07 AOR. As they seem to go by date of application rather than the AOR date, we expect a 90 day letter anytime in the next couple of months! :fingerscrossed:
We'd rather not have to land to activate PR before July 2010 so we're not in any rush at the moment!! :)

bodgerx Jun 6th 2009 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Northernlass1 (Post 7639901)
Hi
we applied end of May 07 with a July 07 AOR. As they seem to go by date of application rather than the AOR date, we expect a 90 day letter anytime in the next couple of months! :fingerscrossed:
We'd rather not have to land to activate PR before July 2010 so we're not in any rush at the moment!! :)

Looking on progress on Trackitt things have slowed down considerably over the last 6 months. I'm not expecting to hear anything until the end of the year, early next year at current progress levels.

Coffeepot Jun 7th 2009 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Falcore (Post 7639426)
Looking at Trackitt they seem to be up to April 2007 apps. Though looks like the May apps should be getting something soon.

I'm just wishing the time away till my letter gets here :o

have you got your update docs ready ?

Originally Posted by ellejay (Post 7639489)
Hi, we were June 07 and we got our 90 day letter April 15th.:D Although it has all been held up now as we were dealing with it through 4 Corners. Now in the process of getting our case file back from them to deal with it ourselves!!:(

Lisa

doesn't make sense really, you have yours for June yet we don't and we are April ? good luck anyway hope it gets sorted with 4 corners, its affected lots on here.

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family) (Post 7639809)
Hi all,

We are July 07 and haven't heard anything yet.

In fact I don't really want to hear until after our 6 weeks in Canada this summer otherwise we will be short of time within our 90 days!!.....

Knowing my luck it'll arrive during our absence.....so I am filling in the various forms and getting docs together just in case, though the police certs are only valid for 3 months so no point in doing them now.

I am in the process of getting certified copies of our birth certificates for £7each direct from the registry offices of of place of birth....a very easy but time consuming process.

I'm sure there are others who would like to hear as soon as possible so good luck to those....it looks like people are hearing about a month or so after the two year mark...:ohmy:

I thought you didn't need certified copies of these documents ?
Good luck with the holiday 6 weeks you lucky thing, good idea getting everythinbg ready :thumbsup:

Robin (The Gadget family) Jun 7th 2009 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 7642309)

doesn't make sense really, you have yours for June yet we don't and we are April ? good luck anyway hope it gets sorted with 4 corners, its affected lots on here.

I thought you didn't need certified copies of these documents ?
Good luck with the holiday 6 weeks you lucky thing, good idea getting everythinbg ready :thumbsup:

Apparently according to singingringingtree here it is illegal to photocopy birth certificates so for £7 each I'd rather send off and get the certified copies direct from the registry office where we were all born just to be on the safe side.....

I can't believe how much duplication there is......don't forget the CHC London specific forms too.....another 4 pages duplicating everything that is on the CIC forms!!
47 sleeps til our holiday!!

JamesM Jun 7th 2009 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family) (Post 7642670)
Apparently according to singingringingtree here it is illegal to photocopy birth certificates so for £7 each I'd rather send off and get the certified copies direct from the registry office where we were all born just to be on the safe side.....

I can't believe how much duplication there is......don't forget the CHC London specific forms too.....another 4 pages duplicating everything that is on the CIC forms!!
47 sleeps til our holiday!!

I sent in a photocopy of my birth certificate.

Although mine was from Rhodesia so not sure if this changes anything? My documents were accepted.

My medicals are completed as of yesterday, I had to redo my blood test as apparently the first one got contaminated last week!? Anyway now waiting for my PPR.

I am hoping to be finished by July so I can go and land in Ontario and do a recce in August.

goodpikey Jun 8th 2009 8:32 am

still no update for my case. aor may 07, hoping something arrives soon though as i have just received my police certificates which expire in three months i believe.

singingringingtree Jun 8th 2009 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family) (Post 7642670)

Yup, that's what our notary told us anyway. She said no one should agree to notarize a photocopy of a birth/marriage cert (UK anyway).

Falcore Jun 8th 2009 10:22 am

[QUOTE=Coffeepot;7642309]have you got your update docs ready ?

QUOTE]

Not really, not sure how much I can get together till asked. I have our birth certs have found a tonne of payslips got the trade qualification assesed and I think thats about it. Should I be doing more?

Coffeepot Jun 8th 2009 3:04 pm

[QUOTE=Falcore;7644395]

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 7642309)

QUOTE]

Not really, not sure how much I can get together till asked. I have our birth certs have found a tonne of payslips got the trade qualification assesed and I think thats about it. Should I be doing more?

you will need references from your employers or copys of contracts if self employed like us, Education for both of you, Divorce or adoption certs etc proof of funds, photos, i have the link from CIC bookmarked not sure how to put it onto here, OH is the IT wiz will ask him to do it later :blink:

We are having problems with old companies not giving referances, OH is going to contact them again to ask for confirmation of dates and duties for immigration, and hope that works ? also some of the companies have gone so need dates etc for that, i suppose the more companies you have worked for the more you have to do,