2007 queue - where are we up to?

Old Aug 16th 2010, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Biloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really nice
Default Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

We had given up too Madhouse! In fact we had started talking about buying a house out of London.

Our timeline is:

FSW Application submitted May 07, AOR Jul 07
Documents requested Jun 09, Documents sent Sep 10
Updated documents sent Nov 09 and Feb 10 (don't know if this delayed our application).
Medical Requests Aug 10
Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

You must be so chuffed! We're really pleased for you.

As someone who has just sent updated documents to the CHC (), did they request the additional documents that you sent in?
Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biloo
OMG!!!! My wife just rang and screeeeeeeamed for a minute in joy !!!

When she finally was able to speak, she said there was brown envelope in the post today from the CHC!!!!!

They have asked for 2 things to complete our application:

1) Medicals
2) Fees for Permanent Residency

You guys are the first to know, I haven't even told my folks....

So, when I get my head out of the clouds, could someone pls recommend a good Doc for the meds pls (we are in West London and can go to Central London or don't mind traveling near the M25.

Also, how much are the fees (we are a family of 4, children aged 9 and 11)?

Many thx
Biloo
That's fab news, as madhouse said what's your timeline ?

We are ( or should I say I am ) in the throws of panic here, move on sat, we have lived here for 10 years with 4 kids and how the house hasn't burst at the seems with stuff I don't know, i will get in touch with CIC to let them know and fingers crossed everyone.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Biloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really nice

Thx Falcore and Coffeepot for your msgs

Madhouse, they did not request additional docs. The Nov one was just delayed documents from postal probs we all had last year, and the Feb one was me panicing and thinking I needed a script for my Uni Degree - not sure, but these could have needlessly delayed things.

Thx singingringingtree, I've just rang up and arranged assessments for the family in September. The lady said we need to declare any 'ongoing' serious illnessess'. I used to suffer from Hypothyroidism for over 10 years and took medication for this, but have been completely drug free for the last 6 months. Does this qualify as a serious illness? Also, as it's not ongoing, do you guys think I need to get a report from my GP?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Update....
My timelines is below.
I emailed CIC yesterday asking if they'd be finishing our application soon- I'm a little bit anxious as my TWP expires next week.
I got a reply this morning (!) saying they dont expect to issue my visa until Dec/Jan.
Sounds like they've filled their quota for this year... for the old SW applications, anyway.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jericho
Update....
My timelines is below.
I emailed CIC yesterday asking if they'd be finishing our application soon- I'm a little bit anxious as my TWP expires next week.
I got a reply this morning (!) saying they dont expect to issue my visa until Dec/Jan.
Sounds like they've filled their quota for this year... for the old SW applications, anyway.
I'm really sorry to hear that jerico,
Can you stay there ?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 1:41 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Update....
My timelines is below.
Really sorry to hear that Jericho. Thats just crappy news. Are you able to extend your TWP?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Falcore
Really sorry to hear that Jericho. Thats just crappy news. Are you able to extend your TWP?
I don't know about the rest of you still waiting but I am getting pretty hacked of now ?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 2:38 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I don't know about the rest of you still waiting but I am getting pretty hacked of now ?
I really feel for you CP. I know how i've been feeling but at least we have got somewhere. The fact that you have just been bypassed stinks.

I've gone through my fed up stange now and have decided to enjoy life here for the forseable future. I have made a promise to my self to be more social. Make the most of having friends and family arround. We have been redecorating the house, so it kind of feels like I have given up waiting a little.

Having said that, got the appointment todayfor my 4 widsom teeth to be removed! Its 3 weeks tomorrow, so that should give me something else to worry about for a while!

Hopefully your new address should get CIC to dig your file out! Have you sent it off to them yet?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Falcore
I really feel for you CP. I know how i've been feeling but at least we have got somewhere. The fact that you have just been bypassed stinks.

I've gone through my fed up stange now and have decided to enjoy life here for the forseable future. I have made a promise to my self to be more social. Make the most of having friends and family arround. We have been redecorating the house, so it kind of feels like I have given up waiting a little.

Having said that, got the appointment todayfor my 4 widsom teeth to be removed! Its 3 weeks tomorrow, so that should give me something else to worry about for a while!

Hopefully your new address should get CIC to dig your file out! Have you sent it off to them yet?

Oh dear poor you try not to worry to much.

Not sent it of just yet wait until we are actually there, then another excuse as we are changing email provider as well ( so new address for that as well,

Our 9 year old is just writing his Christmas list just in case Santa can't find his new house

I have tried to put it to the back of my mind, it's just every now and then it gets to me

Now is one of those days

Why is it that everything is getting fixed and made perfect for the peeps moving into our house ? Waited 10 years for a new radiator in the downstairs loo yay it's installed today
Alarm put on the shed yay done today,
House alarm next week

Good luck with the decorating and getting social fab idea
Old Aug 17th 2010, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Oh dear poor you try not to worry to much.

Not sent it of just yet wait until we are actually there, then another excuse as we are changing email provider as well ( so new address for that as well,

Our 9 year old is just writing his Christmas list just in case Santa can't find his new house

I have tried to put it to the back of my mind, it's just every now and then it gets to me

Now is one of those days

Why is it that everything is getting fixed and made perfect for the peeps moving into our house ? Waited 10 years for a new radiator in the downstairs loo yay it's installed today
Alarm put on the shed yay done today,
House alarm next week

Good luck with the decorating and getting social fab idea
sending you positive thoughts CP
Old Aug 19th 2010, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

Update....
My timelines is below.
What a nightmare! Do you have an AEO? It might move you up the priority list.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 4:53 pm
Officially Expats!!!

maxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to all

Update....
My timelines is below.
Your situation and timescale are almost identical to ours. Have you contacted your local MP? It's definately worth a shot. Our MPs' involvement undoubtedly was a major factor in getting our application through and giving CHC a much needed size 11 up the arse.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 5:58 pm
Officially Expats!!!

maxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by etjotoft
Hi

just read your good news on getting visa's many congratulations.

Can I please pick your brains? We are thinking of going out to near London Ontario on a study Visa for Jan 2011 ( after sitting waiting since Oct. 2007 on old FSW list!!! and heard not a thing!!).

We have been told can get study visa. Was it quite straightforward to get?
OH can get working visa for duration, then a 12 month working visa then apply for PR.
My question is, how's it been? is it all as straightforward as it sounds? I'm sure not! Are you glad you have done it?

Our concerns are the temp. nature of the original visa don't want to get settled to have to come home, with 2 kids.

Also are the jobs easy enough to find, for OH, on the temp visa's.

How easy was it to get job once your course completed? Out of interest what course did you take?

Sorry to bombard you but we are nervous especially with extra costs of the study option.

Any info would be fab.

Many thanks
Paula
Hi Paula,

Sorry only just seen this amongst all the distractions in the thread!

The study permit is straightforward enough to get. We made some mistakes along the way and it's a big gamble (slight understatement). I'll try and give you few pointers.

Make sure the establishment is a Degree conferring institution, i.e. Uni/College. This is the only way that your OH can get an Open Work Permit and you can get an Off/On Campus Permit after 6 months - Believe me we found this out the hard way!

Whatever your intended course of study, do your research and ensure that the profession is going to tick the right boxes for your PR application and that there are sufficient job opportunities at the end of it all. It's a hell of an investment and you've got to get it right.

Choose the location carefully. We've settled in Victoria, BC - not the cheapest place in Canada on low wages.

Have sufficient funds before you come out - even if that means staying in the UK for another year, or so, to bump up your savings. The cost of education for foreigners is jacked up and whatever you think it's going to cost, the final figure will be a hell of a lot more. We got through all of our (not unsubstantial) savings within 2 years and believe me this route is stressful enough without having the additional undue worry of money. If you can't afford it without borrowing money I would seriously reconsider your options.

Even with an Open Work Permit be prepared for a low starting wage for your OH. Depending on your OH's profession, wages can be a lot lower over here. Starting wages can be around 10 bucks an hour which doesn't go very far. With an OWP, jobs can be found but you can't be too choosy with what you do. Previous experience counts for nothing and this can be frustrating as you are expected to start at the bottom. Progress seems to come solely with time served.

Finding a job after you qualify/graduate really depends on what industry you are in. I retrained as a commercial pilot and an industry which is notoriously difficult to break into. Whilst I'm still not employed as a pilot, I do work within the industry with the possibility of of an upgrade. The good news is that Canadians are preoccupied with qualifications (taken above experience) and having actual Canadian qualifications will certainly help in the job hunting.

To get this far, we have been extremely lucky. It's been an emotional roller coaster and is probably one of the riskiest ways to emigrate with constant uncertainty as to how long you can stay. Was it worth it? Considering all that we gave up in the UK, in terms of careers and standard of living, almost certainly not. In all honesty it's been pure bloody stubbornness that's kept us going.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Papafaith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks, i will be visiting Calgary next month for job hunting, will really appreciate your ideas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.